Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Can one of you explain to me how Princess Mononoke is 'thematically dull'? Being serious, if one of you could explain this to me instead of just stating it so I can see if I agree or not?
I didn't say it was 'dull' (you were probably addressing Bluedeed, anyway), but I just thought that the themes didn't offer anything exceptional or fresh. He did it all before.
"Humanity isn't in harmony with nature." "War is bad."
I think I was addressed as well. Not only does Mononoke not offer anything new thematically with regards to Miyazaki's oeuvre, but its themes are fairly generic and not very complex. Cobpyth pointed out some, there's also the focus on how "modernization is killing the forest" and "capitalism is evil" that are very multi-faceted arguments presented in a self-evident way that unjustly downplays the actual issue, I think he makes it too straightforward. I'm reminded of recent media coverage (which occurs yearly in the US) of wildfires in the mid-west and western United States. The fact that fires are a naturally occurring event and are very important to the life of the ecosystems present is never mentioned and people only talk about it in the context of its danger to society and how it needs to be stopped. Not a perfect comparison, but that's how I see Mononoke's handling of its themes.

Finished here. It's been fun.

7.4/10
I don't understand why this film is so critically hated. It's a crap ton of fun. It's not perfect, there's alot of flaws but the film works as awesome popcorn entertainment. It's fun,violent,explicit, and vulgar.If you go into this film with an open mind and want something fun.This is it. I liked it.

Spirited Away (Hayao Miyazaki, 2001)
+

The same as Princess Mononoke, although I might up both a little bit in the future. Totally different films, this is a more cuter fairytale type film with easy comparisons to Alice in Wonderland to be made, a visual delight.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

7.4/10
I don't understand why this film is so critically hated. It's a crap ton of fun. It's not perfect, there's alot of flaws but the film works as awesome popcorn entertainment. It's fun,violent,explicit, and vulgar.If you go into this film with an open mind and want something fun.This is it. I liked it.
Nice I love Kick Ass and im really looking forward to seeing this. I dont know why theres so much hate towards it either tbh. Its not going to be shakespeare Sometimes you have to watch violently funny films, well I find anyway

^ I think you'll have a ball with it. I liked the film, it was funny and entertaining. It's not trying to be a Citizen Kane or anything like that. Just pure popcorn entertainment.

7.4/10
Glad to hear. It will obviously not reach the first one, but you just put some hope back in me.

Killing Season

-1/10

Just shockingly bad, probably the worst film I've seen either actor in. Are film scripts just flying off production lines these days? The script was bad enough, but the make up department must have been smoking meth when they glued that beard to Travolta's face.

That picture's not showing up for me. What abomination are you speaking of?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Dredd

7/10. It's an entertaining,fun action film. It's bound to become a cult classic.

Both terrific film watching experiences and great 'art house' movies. I'm gonna give both high ratings, because I enjoyed both of them a lot, fascinating works that I am going to be thinking about for a long time I feel, I'm not completely sure on certain elements with both films, so the ratings could get even higher in the future.

+

The Conjuring

Decent film, I like James Wans visual style, just not as scary as I was expecting

7 out of 10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Only
+?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

That's a great rating but I normally put a + when I think it's got potential for higher, it was certainly a great experience but I want to watch it again and have time to think about it

How many times have you seen the movies in your top ten? Were they your constant favourites or did they grow on you?

How many times have you seen the movies in your top ten? Were they your constant favourites or did they grow on you?
A bit of both, although now I have seen them all at least a few times, except Chinatown which I have only seen twice I think (it wouldn't be in my top 10 right now), and the top 2 I have seen 10+ times each.

My top 10 is out of date anyway, I have just kept it there from my last list. When I do my next top 100 it'll change, I am currently building it and adding films to it every time I see great films. The top 10 looks a lot different now.

But I am the type of person who if I see a great film I will place it very high, even top 10 on one viewing, I just like to give more complex/artistic films a little bit of time to fully decide if I like them.

Satisfying answer.

Can't get Allen at all. While the first twenty minutes were kind of refreshing, his humour gets boring really quickly. It was kind of hard to watch the last 20 minutes while I was constantly looking at the clock. The scene with the girl not getting/liking his joke was the epitome of my experience. Gotta give him second chance. Will watch Another Woman, because it's told to be not comedic and Bergman-like.

Satisfying answer.
My new top 100 will be cooler Currently I'm on something like 85 films for it, a few might fall off and as I keep watching great films more will be added on, when I reach 100 and I'm happy with those films then I might post it, although because I am always watching new films it is always changing I don't want to be doing a new list like every couple of months!

And by the way, hide, the wrath of Skepsis and Cobpyth is coming.

The thing is I didn't laugh. Well, I giggled once when he hit another car, but besides I didn't find anything funny about the whole movie.