Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Misery (1990)

Simple, but tense, creepy, but fun and interesting. One of the better Stephen King's adaptations, but it's also up to the simplicity of the story itself.

8/10

Cinema Paradiso (1988)

Very emotional movie about growing up, love and Italian south, about movies and return to personal history and birthplace and a lot of other things.
Beautiful and relaxing but with domination of sadness. Cinema Paradiso is a must see for every film lover.

8,5/10

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -

Last night, I lost my faith in Indiana Jones.

It broke my heart. It really did. But I couldn't blame Indy. I can't blame the character; it wasn't his fault. He didn't choose this adventure, and he certainly didn't write the tale. So it's not him.

I'm not sure who to blame.

Whilst watching Crystal Skull I felt like a little girl who was watching her childhood hero thrown into situations and saying phrases that weren't characteristic of him. I felt like that character had gotten lost over the last 24 years.

I felt betrayed - hurt. I felt like a heel for not liking the movie, and I felt like a fool for wishing it had been what it was not, but...

I'm of the frame of mind where Indiana Jones and aliens do not mix. This movie felt like such a mixture of Spielberg and Lucas movies to me that I really forgot what I was watching for a long time. War of the Worlds? Star Wars? (Who's idea was it to put the "I've got a bad feeling about this" line in there? - I loved it, but geez. lol) American Graffiti? A.I.? THX-1138?

Yes, I understand it followed the Sci-Fi movies of the 1950s, basically playing into the era and feeding us all a little piece of entertainment history. But it...was annoying.

To me, Indiana never met the flying saucers and little green men from Mars.

Forever - to me - he rode off into the sunset with Henry Jones Sr., Marcus Brody and Sallah.

Ride, boldly ride. And not to the land they call El Dorado.

1/5

I watched the count of monte cristo from the 1930s with mr. donat
Recommended by the film v for vendetta

Wow it was awful, this is some of the worst acting i've seen.
The plot was actually closer to the book than the more recent hollywood version, but that counts for nothing when it was all so poorly acted.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -

Last night, I lost my faith in Indiana Jones.

It broke my heart. It really did.
1/5
Yes, pathetic conclusion to the franchise.

I could have warned you to spare yourself.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
Yes, pathetic conclusion to the franchise.

I could have warned you to spare yourself.
The disappointment felt was almost akin to that which I felt when I was told Santa Claus wasn't real.

The disappointment felt was almost akin to that which I felt when I was told Santa Claus wasn't real.
Did you really not know better ?
I've steered far, far away from that film. I think I would rather watch the hunger games

Did you really not know better ?
I've steered far, far away from that film. I think I would rather watch the hunger games
We should all stick to Battle Royale, a good movie instead. And yes Indy 4 sucked hard.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What do you call the brief period which covers Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas and New Year's?

What do you call the brief period which covers Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas and New Year's?
I'm in Wales, United Kingdom and I've heard that term 'the holidays' or 'the holiday season' before.

^ Looks like those terms are creeping in where you are then. I've never heard a British person say either of those here in England. It's not common here anyway.

British people don't say Happy Holidays, we say Happy/Merry Christmas or whatever the celebration is.

We call Christmas Christmas, New Year's Eve New Year's Eve and so on...

I think it's another one of those Americanisms, is that the right term?

^ Looks like those terms are creeping in where you are then. I've never heard a British person say either of those here in England. It's not common here anyway.

British people don't say Happy Holidays, we say Happy/Merry Christmas or whatever the celebration is.

We call Christmas Christmas, New Year's Eve New Year's Eve and so on...

I think it's another one of those Americanisms, is that the right term?
I'm thinking of like the Coca-Cola adverts, THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING! Right?

That's because Coca Cola was born on the 25th of December, you should not make fun of it. That's what Christmas is all about, the celebration of its birth!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I call each holiday its own name too when I know what somebody celebrates, but even students can say they're off for the holidays or winter break. It's not fair if I have to call the end of December a mouthful of different terms every time I mention it.

Americans in general call each specific holiday by its own name, but when someone is unsure what another person celebrates, they generally just say "have a happy holiday" and when speaking of the winter events collectively it's much simpler to just say "happy holidays" than to list each individual day.

Then again, Americans go "on vacation" while others go "on holiday."

I seem to remember that quite a few years ago it was more common to hear Americans say Merry Christmas - regardless of who they were talking to.

Then, with the rise of identity politics, political correctness, etc, Happy Holidays began to be used more.

I happen to like the one-size-fits-all Happy Holidays greeting.