MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2011: Draft Time, Rules, Settings

Tools    

One thing I have to remind myself is that whenever I want or don't want a slot, I'm usually basing it on the idea that the picks will go as they "should." So while I might not want pick, say, 9 or 10 based on average draft position, I'd be fine with it if even one of the guys in the 5-6-7 range fell to it, which often happens. And it seems like something like that happens all the time, and it's enough to turn a "bad" slot into a good one.

Just another way of saying all our planning looks stupid about 10 minutes into every draft.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
whats the over/under on Tongo proposing 1st Trade post draft?

I'll say 25 minutes

I think he was a lot mellower about baseball last year. We swung a significant trade but that was a couple of months into the season and he had positional needs.

Once again, yahoo draft window is being a pain in the arse to load.

I've been mock drafting at other sites because i keep missing the 1st round or 2 while the green bar hangs at 97%ish forever.

I'm runnen google chrome currently, but also have IE. Any of you guys haven the same problem?

Chris, hopefully won't be an issue tomorrow, as i can enter an hr or so b4 it begins as i did for Football.

No problems here. There are two things I'd try:

The first is Firefox. I don't know/think that it's especially better for this sort of thing than Chrome is, but it's another stable browser, so I'd definitely give it a go.

The second is that once the bar seems to have started hanging, refresh the page the bar's on. I had the same problem you did a couple years back and when I did this I found the bar either started moving shortly after, or else it had been replaced with a "Launch Draft Window" button. Almost always worked for me back then.

i get to the launch draft window almost instantaneously, then the green bar is at half..really quick then 3/4

then sits and has a cup o coffee.

i had the same probs with yahoo football as well i think.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well, realistically I'm not really liking my team. I think I've got a fairly strong pitching staff, but offensively a lot of people with potential who may not live up to it.

Ditto. Love my OF, which is insanely good, and my SPs are probably the best in the league, but after that it's Pujols and a fair number of question marks.

Then again, I was looking at all the rosters to see which I thought might be an early favorite...and no one's roster really jumped out at me. It's a 14 team league, after all. Everyone's got holes.

Anyway, I've got at least one extra OF and an extra SP to part with to upgrade in the infield somewhere, so I'm all ears. I'm sure I'll be firing a few offers around this week, too.

A system of cells interlinked
I have never heard of any of my pitchers... Zoinks!

Still at work. I have yet to actually draft a baseball team...Maybe next year...

Le sigh...

Yeah, I have to research my team a little bit, I dont even really know what I have.

I got Derek Jeter! JOY! Dont know anyone else on my team though as I dont follow baseball. I know at least Jeters best years are behind him, but hey yanevahknow'. Brett Favres best year as a player was the one before his last season so its possible in baseball Id imagine.

I have a feeling the draft was the easiest part of the league. Looking at my team, and the amount of games they play, i have no idea how i'm going to set the right lineup each week.