What are your favorite all time movie scenes?

Tools    

I found the stabbing scene in The Village to be horrifying. It just seemed so real life.

The scene in Unbreakable when the door clicks on the passed out girl scene. (Actually that whole train station thing is great.)

I love to watch napalm go off. Sick I know so in Apocalypse Now with The End playing. It's special.

I have also always like the part in Batman Returns when Bruce and Selina are dancing and say the lines to each other they had said as Batman and Catwoman and she asks if they have to start fighting now. It just thought it showed how really messed up their characters are.

In Rocket Gibraltar the kids decide to give their grandfather a viking funeral like he asks and they are trying to get the lit arrows to the boat and get it on fire before the parents get their. They all sit on the beach and watch the boat burn. It's a great ending to a cute movie.

Dachshunds Fear Me
  • The shootout at the Victory Motel, LA Confidential
  • Edward makes it snow, Edward Scissorhands
  • The death of Boromir, Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring
  • Final scene of Planet of the Apes
  • "I heard a story once - as a matter of fact, I've heard a lot of stories in my time. They went along with the sound of a tinny piano playing in the parlor downstairs. 'Mister, I met a man once when I was a kid,' it always began..." Casablanca
  • Maximus and the Emperor talk about home, Gladiator
  • The "Infinity of Kanes," scene (thanks to Roger Ebert for the description), as Orson Welles staggers past mirrors, Citizen Kane
  • The introduction of Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

George: Arthur.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Well, Tortuga, we share a few of the same: Boromir, Edward Scissorshands, Intro of Jack to name a few.

I'll add:
  • Lighting of the beacons, LOTR: Return of the King
  • Rocking the ship, Pirates: At World's End
  • Bale and Crowe running at the end of 3:10 to Yuma
  • The stairway sequence of The Untouchables
  • Dunbar's suicide attempt at the beginning of Dances With Wolves
  • Robert the Bruce yelling, "You bled with Wallace, now bleed with me!" at the end of Braveheart
  • Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett singing "Have a Little Priest"
  • "My name is Maximus...." from Gladiator (and the Carthage fight before it)
  • "Singing in the Rain" by Gene Kelly in the same film
  • "If you build it, he will come" scene from Field of Dreams
  • All the baseball sequences in Bull Durham
  • Boo Radley's appearance at the end of To Kill a Mockingbird
  • The falling house in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I guess that's all for now... I could go on... I'm sure I forgot tons!

*SPOILER ALERT*

Lord of the Rings -
When the Ent's destroy Isenguard.
Capote - When Perry Smith gets hung.
American Beauty - When Lester gets shot.
Crash - When Farhad shoots Elizabeth.€

Pulp Fiction:
The Scene where Vincent and his drug dealer try to revive Mia.
Jules and Vincent's briefcase collection scene.
Vincent and Mia's Jitterbug scene.
Butch and Marcellus in the Pawn shop

Constantine:
Constantine's entrance.
The Exorcism.
The sequence with the spider under glass.

The Matrix:
The Neo vs. Morpheus battle

Saving Private Ryan:
The scene where Gen. Marshall reads Abraham's letter to Mrs. Bixby.
The scene where Jackson takes out the sniper.
Medic Wades Death.
The scene where Capt. Miller explains why he wants to complete his mission and find Ryan.
The scene where Ophum cries in the stairway because he knows he can't save Mellish.

OK waaaaaaaaaaay too many to name but here goes a few:

Clockwork Orange - The Billyboy gang fight

2001 - The journey beyond Jupiter

Raiders of the Lost Ark - The shootout in Nepal at Marion's bar

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - The Elle Driver/Bride fight scene & Pai Mei training!!

Saving Private Ryan - The Omaha beach attack

No country for old men - Shootout/chase between Anton and Moss

Taxi Driver - The shootout at the end at the whore house

Goodfellas - 'Am I funny? Do I amuse you? What's so ****ing funny about me??!'

Forrest Gump - Forrest visits Jenny's grave, made me actually cry once

Godfather part1 - Michael comes from the bathroom and guns down Sallazzo and the Chief

Aliens - Ripley enters the Queen's den and they have it out!

Pulp Fiction - Vincent and Mia dinner/dance scenes

Robocop - ED209 blows away a suit in the boardroom demonstration

Apocalypse Now - Brando's 'the horror' monologue

Jaws - Quint's tiger shark monologue during WW2

Empire Strikes Back - Luke/Darth light saber duel

Planet of the Apes - 'Get your stinkin' paws off me you damn dirty ape!!!'

Fight Club - 'I want you to hit me!'

Ghostbusters - Final fight against Zuel / Marshmallow man

Exorcist - Final exorcism scene

40 year old virgin - chest wax

Big Trouble in little China - street fight with lords of death, and the three winds

Predator - Predator vs. Arnold

The Shining - The chase in the maze

True Romance - LAPD/Mafia/Coke deal scene

that's it for now, too hard of a question!

• Full Metal Jacket, the boot camp scenes.
  • The John Wayne version of the Alamo, when the Mexicans get on the wall.
  • Zulu, when the British Regulars given orders by Michael Cain fire in ranks near the end and drive back the Zulus, with superior firepower.
  • No time for Sergeants, when Private Stockdale cleans the latrine.
  • Tora, Tora, Tora...when the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor.

Favorite scenes in movies:

Since West Side Story is my alltime favorite movie, hands down, it's too difficult for me to pin down any favorite scene(s) or song(s).

However, in other films, where some scenes stood out more than other scenes for me, they're as follows:

The Graduate: When Elaine and the young doctor who she's marrying have a wedding in the big church, and Ben is up on the rafter, looking down at the transom and yelling Elaine's name and freaking all the audience out. Ben ultimately makes it back down to the altar and runs away with Elaine in the middle of the ceremony, and board a bus. Funny scene, that one.

French Connection: The car chase

Thelma & Louise: The hold-up.
When Thelma and Louise shoot up a wise-guy's oil truck! Heh.

Hector vs Achilles in Troy. The whole scene leading up to it and the scene following. Just a personal favorite.

To many to name but here are a few from some of the recent movies I have watched.
  • The bank scene in Ned Kelly where he says "I do not wish to give the order full force without giving timely warning. but I am a widows son outlawed and my orders must be obeyed " ... Makes me wanna fight lol.
  • The last shoot-out in Unforgiven in the Saloon. Also the scene where Will is talking to the girl after he wakes up from the fever. Oh and the last line "You better bury Ned right! Better not go cuttin' up, nor otherwise harm no whores. Or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons-o-bitches. "
  • The final shoot-out from The Way of the Gun.

Good Will Hunting: the construction site scene where Ben Afflek tells Matt Damon that he needs to use his gift.

Sin City: When Dwight argues with the dead Jack Rafferty.

Pulp Fiction: the diner scene where Jules and discusses the miracle.

Fight Club: Too many to name but I'll go with the one where he beats himself up to freak out his boss.

The Big Lebowski: When the Nihilists drop the ferret into the bath with the Dude.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
1.wizard of oz-- when the witch gets her due just for this line: "You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I'm going! Oooooh! Ooooooh!'' and this is my other fave line ''Almira Gulch. Just because you own half the county doesn't mean that you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!

2. steel magnolias--the final moment in the hospital when shelby is removed from the machines that keep her alive. just the silence of that scene is so powerful. all the viewer can hear is the beeps of them and no music. i also love the cementary scene with all the major characters after shelby's funeral. just proves you need to laugh even after a day like this

3. fried green tomatoes- just the laughs and the tears mixed make this a powerful film. but i think my fave scene is where the authority eats plate after plate of the bbq. and the line is ''secret is in the sauce''. i love movies set in the south.

4. splendor in the grass--deanie returns to see bud after being out of the hospital.. just makes me think look ahead not back in your past.