Software for catalog you disks with movies

Tools    

Hello. I have big disc collection (more than 1000) DVD, mostly movies (dvd and mpeg4), but also mp3, games and other stuff.
It is very hard to orient in such big collection. There are many catalog software, but what is best. Please tell what you use.

I simply place mine in order by genre. After that, I try to keep the main actor/actors together. Looking at my bookshelves, they are in order like this . . .

Suspense Thriller/Noir, Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Musicals, Westerns, War/Military, Martial Arts, Horror, Sci-fi, and Animation.

Are these all films on you've downloaded on your computer?

Tell you how i'd organise them, going and buying them then having them on a shelf. Personally, i alphabetise.

Are these all films on you've downloaded on your computer?
Now I wonder if that is what they meant. He/she said "big disc collection".

Tell you how i'd organise them, going and buying them then having them on a shelf. Personally, i alphabetise.
That would take me a freakin' lifetime. Not that I don't know the alphabet, but still.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I use DVD Profiler for movies. It's great if you're like me and have boxes full of them in various parts of the house.

I used another program which allowed you to add CDs, video games etc but can't remember the name. I'll add it here if, by some miracle, it comes to me.

DVD Profiler is the best though - it even does graphs!

Ðèstîñy, it is hard to place so much disk in order. It is good if it is only DVD videos, but most of my disks is self made DVD-R's. Many disks with 3-4 movies on it (mpeg4), and dozens of mp3 disks. MP3 is hardest thing to find. Also several disks with photos and documents. I looked at many software. Separate software for movies, music and phots I don't want. So best that I find is:
1) WhereIsIt - powerful, but so overloaded and ugly interface :-(
2) Camel Disc Catalog - good, I still testing, but seems I like it. It can import covers and descriptions from web sites not only for movies, but also games, anime and music albums.
3) LS My Lib - not powerful, but simple and free. Also seems that is is dead, as last version was in 2005.

P.S. I can't post links so you will find them in Google. I still interested in other recommenations.

Now I wonder if that is what they meant. He/she said "big disc collection".
Well, it wasn't the clearest post. I just thought that when he listed file types.