A Film You Couldn't Wait To See And Was Disappointed When You Did

Tools    

Hey, would you look at that. Darren Aronofsky joined the forum and his favourite movie is Forrest Gump. Who would of known?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Well, it's nothing major but I'm a horror geek and I was disappointed by the Burrowers.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

oh, I was dissappointed by many movies, now i'm waiting "tree of life" by Terrence Malick , I've the trailer of this film and it's wonderful, but i'm afraid i wasn't dissappointed.

just seen it recently cause everyone was like "omg its the funniest film ever" Superbad just didnt do it for me :/

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Watched Leon recently, and while I can't deny it was a well-made film, I had several issues with it, most notably Portman's performance and the final shootout near the end. It had good elements (Gary Oldman's performance; best thing about the entire film), but I was still disappointed with the film.

Skyline

Have to say The Clan of the Cave Bear I love the book and that's I wanned to see the film too. Like 99% of 80's films that one was horrible.

U should never read the book and then watch the movie

I remember back when I was in 2nd grade (so I was about 7-8) I wanted to go see Kangaroo Jack so badly because I thought the kangaroo talked through the whole movie, then when we finally went to see it I thought it was the most boring movie ever made...

The Lord of the Rings

Careful, man. There's a beverage here!
Let's see..

Superman Returns. With what Singer did with X-Men, I thought he really could bring Superman back to the big screen. He even did right by casting someone who looked similar to Reeves. Sadly, looks are about all Brandon Routh had going for him. Everything about the movie was terrible.

Spider-Man 3. Simply because there's only so much Shinola you can put on a turd.

Avatar. I like aspects of it, but overall, it's not the film people were talking it up to be.

Splice. It looked like an interesting enough movie, but in the end, you're left shaking your head and wondering if you can claim your movie ticket as a tax write-off.

Clash of the Titans. Great idea to remake, but whomever wrote the screenplay really butchered a classic.

Those are only a few.
Thank you for mentioning Splice. WTF happened in that movie?!?!

Just saw Super 8..wasn't terribly disappointed but I think I got my hopes up way to high. Seems like I'm the only one though, I'll probably write a review to better explain. Extra disclosure, i was a little tipsy so that may have played a part in it

Not the only one, no. The reviews as a whole are only slightly above average. The first review I read was Holden Pike's (a member on here), and it was negative.

One movie I was dissapointed in was The Godfather. It was nowhere as good as the book. Another one was Steven King's Christine, the book was one of the best I have ever read but the movie was one of the worst I have ever seen, the only good thing about it was the 50's music. Edit-I should probably see the movie before I read the book, reading the book first has ruined a lot of movies for me.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Tomb Raider movies, I love Angelina Jolie but I hated the movies. I was really dissapointed because Tomb Raider is one of my favorite video games.

Matrix Revalutions

I was amazed at the first two Matrix films but Holy **** this film just Destroyed My year

Thats about all

Kangeroo Jack, lol. Did I mention The Matrix sequels already?
Matrix Revalutions

I was amazed at the first two Matrix films but Holy **** this film just Destroyed My year

Thats about all
Can I get an amen?

Superman Returns. Thought it would bring back some of the excitement from I and II. Didn't happen other than hearing the familiar music. Long. Boring. Never felt any real sense of danger. Rolled my eyes at the unwillingness to say "Truth, Justice and the American Way". And...Superman Jr?

Most recently? Paul. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be.