Directors Who Made One Movie You Love, BUT..

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Greg Araki. He made one of the best movies I've ever seen, Mysterious Skin (2004), but the rest of his are so average by comparison and not in that league at all for some reason.

Let the night air cool you off
Off the top of my head, I'd go with Zack Snyder. I've seen 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel, and Batman vs Superman. I really like Watchmen, but none of the others. I'd like to see his remake of Dawn of the Dead and maybe Sucker Punch.

This might just do nobody any good.
Probably Yorgos Lanthimos, give or take The Lobster.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
NWR. Any of his ambitious stuff is drivel. The Pusher movies were good and that other movie. I'm kinda over him now. Probably liked the Goz more to begin with. And Carrie Mulligan, the doe faced angel. Hey kid, wanna a toothpick. Working on a carburetor ...

Welcome to the human race...
John Landis (Blues Brothers)
Bruce Robinson (Withnail & I)
Alex Cox (Repo Man)
Kevin Smith (Clerks)

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I don't know what I like more, Clerks the movie or the soundtrack. Maybe Kevin Smith's issue is he can't make a good movie unless he is putting it on a credit card.

Na Hong-jin. Love the wailing but his previous kinda meh. Well if he can maintain top notch works after i'll definitely change opinion

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I generally dislike Godard's movies but I love Contempt.
I'd go with Bertolucci with "Last Tango in Paris".. Godard would have been my 2nd choice. I don't dislike all his stuff.. It almost gave me the same feeling as watching Antonioni's "L'Eclisse" yesterday.

Which ones did you see?
I'm not sure now, Wild Strawberries was one. Then there was one with a party with colorful characters, almost comical. The title was something like Summers Night?

Kathryn Bigelow. I loved Zero Dark Thirty but not much else.
Y’know, I’m not all that familiar with her filmography and Detroit was definitely a slump, but I don’t know that I can drop the person who directed Strange Days. Underrated 90’s b-movie and where else will we see Voldemort as a cyberpunk drug dealer?

I think Hurt Locker is still pretty good too.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Kathryn Bigelow. I loved Zero Dark Thirty but not much else.

Duncan Jones. Moon is incredible, his other stuff isn't.
As above The Hurt Locker is really excellent and how can you not like Point Break.

As above The Hurt Locker is really excellent and how can you not like Point Break.
Hurt Locker was really overrated in my opinion. It's so unmemorable. I've seen it twice and can hardly remember a thing about it. Point Break is a decent flick about masculinity but hardly anything great. It also has some terrible acting. I've not seen Detroit admittedly.

how can you not like Point Break.
John Wick has a lot to answer for...

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm not sure now, Wild Strawberries was one. Then there was one with a party with colorful characters, almost comical. The title was something like Summers Night?
I think that comedy was one of his low points.. I did love "Wild Strawberries"... I know there's an appreciation thread with many ratings and reviews.