Red Dwarf the movie is it happening

Tools    

She's Was Mine! Mine! MINE!
i read on the RED DWARF website that they were going to do a RED DWARF movie and if it was succesful they would then make and release a new series

im am posting this thread to ask all of you if anyone has herd anything similar or knows any more than me

i am a big fan of RED DWARF and love it if they did relese a movie i have all the series on dvd so far are there any other fans on here as weel

And this is my BOOMstick!
wtf is red dwarf

Care to explain who or what "Red Dwarf" is for the people who have no clue what your saying?

RED DWARF is a british tv series from the late 80s which went on to to 8 series its about a mineing ship called RED DWARF that had a stasis leek and the only serving crew was:

Lister a beer drinking curry eating slob
The Cat a human cat that transformed through evolution who is very vain
Rimmer a holgram of Listers dead bunk mate who is a bit of a victim
Cryton an android that has a wired hover attachment and is fixated with looking after Listers needs
and Holy the ships computer that lost most of its i.q over the years

and its all about thier adventures its classic cult drama
if you want to know more go to

www.reddwarf.co.uk

Sounds quite lamin'!

dont red dwraf till you have wayched it has a big fan base close to that of star wars, star trek, dr who etc

Originally Posted by totalacid1
dont red dwraf till you have wayched it has a big fan base close to that of star wars, star trek, dr who etc

That would explain the fact that no one's ever heard of it.

It's not a drama it's a comedy, it is one of the most funny shows ever made.
It is very well known in britain and europe, but not in america.
Theres been talk of a film for years, so dont hold you're breath of it ever being made.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by Nitzer
That would explain the fact that no one's ever heard of it.
Dude, Red Dwarf totally rocks. First 2 series were a bit slow but from series 3 onwards it was total comedy genius. They really do need to make a new series.

If you ever only decide to watch one episode then you need to see 'Polymorph'..... one of the best eps ever.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I preferred Doctor Who......

....which was funnier. But then again I found root canal treatment funnier.

The first two series of Red Dwarf are pure genius, absolutely brilliant comedy. From there on, due to actor changes and writer changes, the series goes gradually downhill.

The movie that as in the works re-united the original writers and the original cast, I for one would love to see a film being made, it was scheduled in at Shepperton Studios as early as two years ago, but that never materialised, as far as I'm aware, maybe the project will get a new lease of life with the recent DVD releases.

lol at last some people who like red dwarf god lol
i know what your saying the first 2 sessons were a little slow but it set the caractors 3 4 and 5 were better but i think it went down hill when they bought in cachanski

but come folks female holy or male holy personaly id give it to norman lovett male holy was better

Male Holly was infinately better, he was actually funny, as aposed to....not. I still maintain that the only REALLY great series' are 1 and 2 after that its still enjoyable in a sort of way, but they never managed to recreate the brilliance of the first two.

I never understood the plots, i saw occasionaly bits from each series, arg, someone care explaining series by series plot? thanks
(got to love the theme song)

Ok, let's go...

Red Dwarf is a mining ship that, well, mines asteroids. One day Dave Lister, lowest ranking officer on the ship, is put into stasis as punishment for bringing an animal on board - a cat.
While in stasis, there is a reactor leak and EVERYBODY DIES!! Except Lister who is kept in stasis by the ship's computer til the ship is safe again.
Three MILLION years later, he is let out of stasis. He finds that everybody is dead (cue a hilarious scene between him and the ship's computer Holly).

His only companions until he reaches civilisation are..
A hologram of his despised boss - Rimmer (the person with which he had the most contact).
The ship's computer - Holly.
and a lifeform that evolved from his cat - 'Cat' (a hip james brown type guy).

It is very funny. I recommend it. Like most brit comedies (Goodies, Black Books & Are You Being Served), it's original and not another Sienfeld/Friends/Just Shoot Me clonefest. Give it a go. It only costs $2 to hire it. Here it does anyway. 2 cents.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Hail To The King
it's original and not another Sienfeld/Friends/Just Shoot Me clonefest
I know you didn't just insinuate that Seinfeld was unoriginal - because if you did, then I'd have to post about it.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I know you didn't just insinuate that Seinfeld was unoriginal - because if you did, then I'd have to post about it.

I did mention Sienfeld first. Meaning that at the time it WAS original and the latter shows owe it royalties. They've just fallen into the same vat of acid is all. That's it. Really. Please don't hurt me..no..No! STOP THE BLEEDING....

Oh, and there will be a movie, not 100% original cast though. The plot is apparently as follows:

The dwarf is nearing earth and unbeknownst to them the earth is ruled by cybernetic/biological freaks!! Deathships have hunted all the mining ships in deep space and the last one is - Red Dwarf.
So. Its up to Lister and Katchansky to repopulate Earth with humans then?
Quiz - Who got 'laid' the most in the series????
Think......hmmm