Everyone's Entertainment, It's all Relative

Tools    

Hi everyone,
Who am I to say what another person should like as far as entertainment goes? I mean if you like wrestling you are a nerdy dork, or a ignorant slob. If you watch soap operas you truly are a boring person. You like to watch football on Sundays with a cold one in one hand and a pizza in the other? You Typical male pig!!! Oh wait do you like to go out and see horror movies? Well you are going to hell and are going to probably commit the same murderous acts you see at the movies in real life. What! you like comedies? Well shoot, the worlds troubles are so suffocating so could you take the time to laugh when there are starving people all over the world? You play PS2 or Xbox all day, what a waste of life that is. You like the rodeo? you Redneck!
Well I could go on and on and on ridiculing others forms of entertainment, but of course I am being facetious. Each and everyone of us has our own ideas of entertainment, sometimes they are the same as others, sometimes they arent. If you think a movie is a piece a crap , all well and good , that is what forums are for: debate, suggestions, ideas, thoughts, etc..., but do not ridicule someone because of their form of entertainment. Make fun of what they like, but not of them. I know I work hard and when I have a chance to enjoy myself through whatever form I decide, I dont wanna hear why I am so stupid, crude, lazy, etc... I dont wanna hear "wrestlings fake you idiot!"
Well duh I know its fake, unless your watching reality TV or a documentary then whatever it is, ITS FAKE TOO!! It is entertainment, all of it, so its okay to tell me it is fake, but not to call me an idiot for watching it. Bottom line here is: Movies are a form of entertainment, like one or not, fine thats cool, but dont hate the watcher, hate what they watch. Unless of course they like Soap Operas.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

YOU DUMB ASS!!!

Actually,I agree with you.

There are to types of movie genre that are I consider very relative,
comedies and action-adventure.

Personally I don't like physical comedy very much.

Just because someone likes Jackass or The Three Stooges
doesn't make them an idiot.

If you find Steven Segal or Jackie Chan entertaining, good for you.

I ate all your bees.
Does that mean that my love for watching ballet whilst dressed up in only my boxers and having my dog lick peanut butter of my chest is now accepted?!??

I ate all your bees.
All I ever wanted was to be accepted...

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
All I ever wanted was to be accepted...
Here we will accept you, even if you like your dog to lick peanut butter off your ***** but keep it to yourself, young boys post here, boys will be boys, they have to try everything.

I ate all your bees.
Here we will accept you
I could jump over the moon right now.

That's a good introductory post. Well put...have some rep points.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I need some new form of entertainment, maybe a hobby like an ant farm or something. What do you guys do for entertainment on a regular basis? Other than movies of course, thats a given if you are here I would think.

watching fish is great...i could sit in front of my aquarium for hours...

i love to write and i'm doing a lot of that lately and i do lots of reading...plus i do the cryptoquote in the local paper every day and a new game called sudoku...anyway...it's a logic game with the numbers 1 - 9..if i find it i'll post it...very addicting if you like that sort of thing...

here is a link...
http://www.sudoku.name/

The People's Republic of Clogher
I occasionally play golf. Now, I dunno if that makes me a wannabee middle-class social climber or just someone who likes to wear outrageously coloured sweaters...

I tried gardening but didn't like it, used to have a couple of old sports cars which I'd tinker around with but I don't have much space at the new house so they had to go.

I used to play sport too - cricket mainly - but my back's not really up to it thesedays.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I'm a bit of a compulsive, movies, sports especially football(soccer), and music are my three main hobbies. I love to travel, but it's expensive, I'm off to New Zealand in February for a mates wedding which I'm really looking forward to.
Also going to Maderia in october for my mum's 60th as well as a stag do somewhere in eastern europe in november. I'm also in to photography, another expensive hobby, but hey I work hard for my money! Man, I need to start saving!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I make jewelry... and candles sometimes... and soap, even less frequently.
I like to haunt art museums.
I like to walk at the beach and people-watch. Venice Beach is like a human zoo.
I subscribe to Vanity Fair and The Sun, which both have some interesting articles.
And I occasionally take classes, when I have the $ - in horseback riding and spanish, so far.

Have you ridden many Spanish horses?
Ondre ondre, arriba!!!

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Ondre ondre, arriba!!!
I'm sure I've lost money on a few...

Actually used to own a share in a racehorse - my grandad's brother was a jockey turned blacksmith and always had a few horses lying around. The horse was called Frozen Pea though I'd have renamed it Next Stop Glue Factory.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
I'm sure I've lost money on a few...

Actually used to own a share in a racehorse - my grandad's brother was a jockey turned blacksmith and always had a few horses lying around. The horse was called Frozen Pea though I'd have renamed it Next Stop Glue Factory.

Wasn't that Shergar's new name?
I'm really showing my age!!!

Wasn't that Shergar's new name?
I'm really showing my age!!!
Poor old Shergar - A Provo 'insider' (aren't they all?) recently owned up to what actually happened to him: the horse broke it's leg in the trailer about a mile down the road from the stud where he was snatched so they shot him and buried the poor geegee in a peat bog.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Ondre ondre, arriba!!!
The horse I rode for class was named "Mr Sanchez", but he didn't talk much, so I am not sure of his origins.

Not even a Spanish impersonation of Mr.ED?
Uno, dos tres...