MOFO Movie Tournament 2012 Bracket 2

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well folks I figured it was time to open up another one. This one will last until June 3rd. As always, the more discussion, the better and the more fun this will be!

Bracket 2
1. Volver
16. The Frighteners

8. I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok
9. Millenium Actress

5. Being John Malkovich
12. Team America: World Police

4. La Belle et la Bete (1946)
13. Jurassic Park

3. Le Cercle Rouge
14. The Apartment

6. High Noon
11. The Phantom Carriage

7. Zero de Conduite
10. King Kong (1933)

2. The Ruling Class
15. The Conversation

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
5. Being John Malkovich
12. Team America: World America

Elaborations coming later. Some more coin tosses were had...there was iron everywhere DAMN that's funny

1. Volver
16. The Frighteners

9. Millenium Actress

5. Being John Malkovich

13. Jurassic Park

3. Le Cercle Rouge
(pending)
14. The Apartment

6. High Noon
11. The Phantom Carriage

7. Zero de Conduite
10. King Kong (1933)

2. The Ruling Class
15. The Conversation

Bracket 2
1. Volver
16. The Frighteners

9. Millenium Actress

5. Being John Malkovich

13. Jurassic Park

3. Le Cercle Rouge
14. The Apartment

6. High Noon
11. The Phantom Carriage

7. Zero de Conduite
10. King Kong (1933)

2. The Ruling Class
15. The Conversation

Is white trash beautiful
5. Being John Malkovich

13. Jurassic Park

3. Le Cercle Rouge
14. The Apartment

Another bracket where I've only seen one film: The Conversation. Didn't care for that one though. Been meaning to check out Le Cercle Rouge and The Apartment.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've seen all of these except for Millenium Actress which I CAN'T get from Netflix, but I can get from Blockbuster.com. Does anybody actually care what I think? You can PM me if you'd prefer to answer in secret. It's just that I haven't voted in either bracket because I had this idea I'd do it when I could thoroughly discuss everything, but now my crap health seems to be getting the best of me, again. No, this is not a cry for attention; just a simple question and weak explanation.

I actually own Millennium Actress but I didn't bother re-watching for the tournament. I think it's a decent anime but sappy and clunky.

Mark, sorry to hear your health isn't too well. I hope you can participate here but make sure you look after yourself first. Your input is always respected and appreciated.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
5. Being John Malkovich

I can't decide which of these I loathe more so I'll come back to it.

13. Jurassic Park

I hope Jurassic Park doesn't get dismissed just because it's not really a grown up film. There's a definite art to making a more family-friendly film, especially one that's actually scary, and the slide from fun park outing to T-rex terror is a convincing ride. I saw this four times in the cinema and felt a real sense of wonder at the first dinosaur scenes stayed with me (still better dinosaurs than the ones in Jackson's King Kong). And I loved the music.

7. Zero de Conduite
10. King Kong (1933)

Liked Zero de Conduite, actually, but I just about prefer King Kong.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Does anybody actually care what I think?
I care what everyone thinks in this game. It's no fun if we have no explanations or debates. Seeing people's comments might change someone else's mind about a film, make them think about it in a different way or encourage them to give it a try.

I'm also really disappointed to see that somebody has received neg rep in this thread just for posting their choices. I think we should respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree with them.

Yes mark post your reasons and all of what Thursday said

I can't decide which of these I loathe more so I'll come back to it.
OUCH!

On another note, comparing special effects in La Belle et La Bete and Jurassic Park is a funny battle in its own right.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I'm also really disappointed to see that somebody has received neg rep in this thread just for posting their choices. I think we should respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree with them.
was it you, on that post where you voted for Jurassic Park over La Belle et la bete?

i'm just kidding; i agree the negative 1's should be strictly kept on posts that are inappropriate and/or grossly rude.

I have a feeling Jurassic Park isn't going to make it past round one.

5. Being John Malkovich

(very tough choice, I think I would have chosen the other one in the past, but now I think Team America is not only funnier but smarter and maybe even as inventive)

13. Jurassic Park

7. Zero de Conduite
10. King Kong (1933)

2. The Ruling Class
15. The Conversation

I hadn't seen The Frighteners, I'm a Cyborg but That's OK, Le Cercle Rouge or The Phantom Carriage before so I'm watching them and I'll put their matches up later.

the rest...

1. Volver
16. The Frighteners

9. Millenium Actress

3. Le Cercle Rouge
14. The Apartment

6. High Noon
11. The Phantom Carriage

I'm surprised more people aren't voting for Millennium Actress

EDIT holy **** you watched those fast
watched them yesterday and today...

I expected so much for Millennium Actress. An anime inspired by the life of Setsuko Hara (my favorite actress of all time), by the director of Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers... sounded incredible, and I was excited when I finally got to see it some time ago. Yet I just didn't get take to it at all. I will watch it again one day I'm sure.