Movies needing SERIOUS critical re-evaluation

Tools    

Don't remember if I started this or not.

Finishing up Crichton's Sphere right now. Didn't know much about it when I turned it on, except that it was a Michael Crichton movie. It's derivative for a sci-fi movie, but as a submarine horror movie acting as its predominant focus it's pretty twisty. And Levinson's direction is spot on. So I look up the RT score... 11? Really? There's no way this movie deserves 11.

I always saw it as a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I remember thinking Leviathan (1989) was pretty good. People thought of it as an Alien rip off, but I think it might actually outdo Alien in some ways, and possibly improve upon it somewhat. But a lot of people think that the if the originater is the originater, that automatically makes it better, and any attempt at improvement does not.

I remember thinking Leviathan (1989) was pretty good. People thought of it as an Alien rip off, but I think it might actually outdo Alien in some ways, and possibly improve upon it somewhat. But a lot of people think that the if the originater is the originater, that automatically makes it better, and any attempt at improvement does not.

I don't know about being better than Alien, but I'll see if it's underrated when I finish it.