Movie Tab II

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Rebecca (1940) A very good film. Manages to be both sinister and romantic. Probably quite tense if you don't know what is going to happen.

Yup. Own the whole show. I just have to pick up FWWM and The Elephant Man to complete my Lynch collection.
Do you have his other stuff like (i think) Rabbits, Industrial Symphony, Grandmother and Hotel Room?

I am having a nervous breakdance
DiG! (2004 - Ondi Timoner)

Wow. I think I have a new favourite rockumentary. Anton Newcombe is so wonderfully insane... I guess I will have to try and get my hands on all his records.

Has anyone seen this rock version of Beef (2003 - Peter Spirer)? It's about The Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Dandy Warhols and the friendship/rivalry between them, if you're interested.

Great stuff.....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Death Sentence (5/10)

If police were as incompetent as this film then we'd all be in deep sh*t.

Cinema Paradiso - beautiful, perfect
Really? Which cut did you see, think there's several different ones about.

I had to write an essay on it last year, fell asleep in it first time so had to watch it whilst writing my essay the night before hand in.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i saw the directors cut i think. It was so long like 3 hourss but it was just soft and simple, funny and it took its time to tell the story properly

i saw the directors cut i think. It was so long like 3 hourss but it was just soft and simple, funny and it took its time to tell the story properly
Did you watch it on Sky? I wanted to watch it but I had to go to work. I could've recorded it, but I recorded All About Eve and The Searchers instead.

Put me in your pocket...
Cinema Paradiso - beautiful, perfect
I loved it too. I've seen the two versions and I liked them both.

~~~~~~~~~
Recently watched...

Becoming Jane (2007)
I loved it and will probably buy it when it comes out on DVD. Loved Anne Hathawy. Loved the story and the intertwining of characters and situations she would draw upon for inspiration as a writer. Loved the ending too. T’was perfect.

Whisper of the Heart (Mimi wo sumaseba} (1995)
I loved it. The story, the characters, how it was drawn..everything about this anime was very sweet and charming.

Wild Hogs (2007)
Oh dear...very disappointing. I liked the chemistry between all four actors...but this coulda/shoulda have been sooooo much better. Completely lacks the charm of City Slickers as far as a group of middle aged men looking to recapture a spark in their lives. I felt like they went for silly, superficial gags instead of truely developing the characters.

Reveille with Beverly (1943)
T’was fine for a B movie. I liked seeing Ann Miller in a lead role, but the real hightlights were seeing Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Frank Sinatra (as a youngin’), The Mills Brothers and other great artists back in the day performing.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Whisper of the Heart (Mimi wo sumaseba} (1995)
I loved it. The story, the characters, how it was drawn..everything about this anime was very sweet and charming.
I have this sitting on my shelf, now I think I should watch it

I liked the bits with him as a child and the Alfredo but on the whole thought it was a bit over rated, a good film though. Probably need to watch it again or a different cut, i have the Directors on DVD, don't have the 3-disc set they have out. I think from what i remember the best cut is meant to be where it ties up his teenage romance...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
RENT - I've seen this about seven or so times, and I like it more every time I see it. It's hard to believe it was directed by the guy who made Home Alone and Mrs. Doubtfire.

I am having a nervous breakdance
300 (2006 - Zack Snyder)

Man, if the Rambo movies were Ronald Reagan's favourite films 300 must be a wet dream put on the screen for G.W.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
300 (2006 - Zack Snyder)

Man, if the Rambo movies were Ronald Reagan's favourite films 300 must be a wet dream put on the screen for G.W.
Yeah, thats why I don't really like it very much. I mean it's a good action film, completely over the top and ridiculous, but the moment one character spat out "freedom isn't free," the film lost me.