Poster Quiz: Guess the movie from just one letter.

Tools    

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Friend sent me the link to this.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/posterletters/

I'm working on it now. Thought I wasn't doing too badly, but I've only managed 15 out of 46 so far (still haven't given up yet!).

Once we've had a go at this, maybe we can start our own.

Anyway, Enjoy!

Peace out.
zen.

EDIT
: Make that 16. Argh. So many others are really obvious, and on the tip of my brain. Everytime I get one now, it's like "Oh course that's it, you idiot!"

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Well I'm up to 21 now. I'm sure I know more.

15 and 19 are driving me crazy (well everything is, but these two in particular). I know I've seen them before. I bet I have them on DVD. 19 wasn't what I thought it was, unless I'm typing it wrong. Part of me still thinks it is it.

OMG. Just got 15. Feel so stupid now.
Oh and a little like a crazy person because I'm talking to myself in this thread.

This was really hard, some of them are just too vague, I only got 16 the first time around

Tell me about it. The first 3 S's I got almost instantly, but the last 3 S's are a bitch. Well for me anyway heehee

Tell me about it. The first 3 S's I got almost instantly, but the last 3 S's are a bitch. Well for me anyway heehee
There are seven S's total. You got that middle one OK (#25)? The last two (#37 and #45) couldn't be from more dissimilar movies, if that helps?

It was the question mark at the end that slowed me up for a while. And the first O (#5).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There are seven S's total. You got that middle one OK (#25)? The last two (#37 and #45) couldn't be from more dissimilar movies, if that helps?

It was the question mark at the end that slowed me up for a while. And the first O (#5).
Whoops yes, I have the first 4 S's. Definitely have #25.

Thanks for the hint on the others. Still don't know. I know #37 is in my memory bank somewhere, but #45 could be anything for me.

Agreed #5 is annoyingly familiar, I guessed Ghost at first just because it looked spooky I knew it was a stretch.

Yeah no idea on the question mark.

I just got #7. I can't believe I didn't realise. The " threw me, I guess.

I'm guessing the ones I'm having trouble with are more boy movies That's my weaker area hahaha.

How many do you have all up Holden so far?

Courtney and I got 35 of the 46, but threw in the towel after that. There were a few "ohhh, of course" moments, but of the ones we gave up on, I doubt we would've gotten most of them even if we'd guessed for hours.

Fun stuff.

Gah Yoda and Holden, I hate both of you Damn talented bunch hehehe

It's hard to underestimate it is just having one more person there, so the number's kind of inflated. That kind of thing increases exponentially; anyone who's ever played, say, Trivial Pursuit as a member of a three or four person team knows what I'm talking about.

I'm giving up and looking.

Ok feel silly considering how many I could have guessed because I own them! but feel better because I actually know now

It's hard to underestimate it is just having one more person there, so the number's kind of inflated. That kind of thing increases exponentially; anyone who's ever played, say, Trivial Pursuit as a member of a three or four person team knows what I'm talking about.
True, I think if I had Husband next to me, he certainly would have filled some gaps.

True, I think if I had Husband next to me, he certainly would have filled some gaps.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. It's a sickness, y'know.

I'll click the link later, as I'm trying to get rid of a headache, atm.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I got 20 straight off and I'm going to keep going with it. It's actually a bit scary just how many fonts you can recognise from just one letter. I might see if Friday (who is 3) can get the first one, since it's his favourite film (well he knows the McDonalds 'M' already which is worrying...)

I got 20 straight off and I'm going to keep going with it. It's actually a bit scary just how many fonts you can recognise from just one letter. I might see if Friday (who is 3) can get the first one, since it's his favourite film (well he knows the McDonalds 'M' already which is worrying...)
Yeah, kids make those connections pretty early. My sister Mercy was so used to the idea of McDonald's that when we showed her a flash card of the letter M and asked her what it was, she said "fries."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
5, 12, 17 and 46 were hard ones for me.

Got the rest though.

30 on my first go through.

Suspect's Reviews