2015 MoFo Fantasy Baseball Trading Block

Tools    

I'm waffling. Just call me an eggo.
If youre trying to improve your team you should take the deal (Chris Davis for Gregory Polanco). Youre dead last in Runs, Homers, & Avg, 2nd to last in RBIs. Davis is healthy, hitting for average unlike last year, and Polancos stolen bases arent worth what you dont got. I however have power to spare.

Not to interject (though if you're going to talk trades in public, you're inviting outside opinions), but I disagree. Davis isn't really "hitting for average"--he's hitting .250, and we've played two weeks, so there's no reason to think he's improved on this point. He'll almost certainly hurt you in that category when all's said and done. Nor is it clear he has an edge in runs, not with Polanco hitting in front of the likes of McCutchen, Walker, Marte and Alvarez on what figures to be a very good offense this year. Heck, Davis is on pace for 22 homers, too, so it's not clear there's going to be a massive edge there.

Most important, though: if you're weak all over the place, then you just want value. It makes no sense to target categories in this situation. Dustin's best bet are high-ceiling players with breakout potential. Polanco fits this mold a lot better than Davis who, whatever he ends up being, is probably a known commodity at this point.

Dustin's best bet are high-ceiling players with breakout potential. Polanco fits this mold a lot better than Davis who, whatever he ends up being, is probably a known commodity at this point.
Chris Davis hit 53 home runs in 2013, he was hurt in 2014 and still hit 26. If thats not brreakout potential I dont know what is. Before the season Yahoo projected Davis almost 100 points higher than Polanco, and still projects Davis output greater now. For what Dustin needs, Runs HRs, RBIs, and maybe even Avg, he simply will earn more with Davis than Polanco.

He only missed a few dozen games in 2014--his SLG dropped over .200 points even in the games he did play, and he hit .196. So while 2013 was obviously insane, he didn't really continue that level in any facet (not even power) last year.

And what I mean by breakout potential is the likelihood that they'll be very valuable, and not just better than the other guy. In other words, Davis might be more likely to be a good player this year (though I think that's arguable, too), but he's a lot less likely to be a great one. And when your team's in last by a wide margin, and needs help in most major categories, that's what you have to emphasize.

He only missed a few dozen games in 2014--his SLG dropped over .200 points even in the games he did play, and he hit .196. So while 2013 was obviously insane, he didn't really continue that level in any facet (not even power) last year.

And what I mean by breakout potential is the likelihood that they'll be very valuable, and not just better than the other guy. In other words, Davis might be more likely to be a good player this year (though I think that's arguable, too), but he's a lot less likely to be a great one. And when your team's in last by a wide margin, and needs help in most major categories, that's what you have to emphasize.
Im sorry Yoda but on this one youre just plain wrong. Chris Davis was #3 overall in 2013, and youre underplaying how he was playing hurt in 2014. So now that hes healthy he has the breakout potential to be a great player....again. Polanco is unproven, Chris Davis is, and his cap is higher than Polancos ever shown it can be.

If you actually believe that, then there's no good reason to make the offer. If he's ready to start killing the ball again because he's healthy and hit for average, then you'll get a lot more for him if you wait a few weeks.

Oh well he said no.

If anyone is needing some power and has a player that has great SB, Avg, & OBP potential, Chris Davis or Albert Pujols are on the block. Depends whose being offered.

If all that's true, then you should obviously hang onto him and trade him once he starts ripping homers again. You'll probably get someone a lot better than Polanco if you're right.
I literally would benefit more from putting Jake Marasnik in his slot now, I just dont need home runs. Hes not slumping or hurt, in actuality now is the time someone should be trying to grab them rather than vice versa.

Nobody can say they "don't need" something two weeks into the season. And you're saying he's probably going to help you in three other categories, too! The only time you'd never want to even consider losing in four categories to gain in one would be the very end of the year.

Can't say I understand the logic that someone should trade for him when he's not slumping, either (I'd say the exact opposite, especially for someone in Dustin's position), but I can only disagree so much at once.

You must believe Polanco will be the next Cutch, and he may one day be. Dont think it'll be this season though.

Well I'm offering Albert Pujols for Seals Dee Gordon. What do you say about that tough guy?!

I say that Patrick should take it, because you're overpaying for perceived category needs wayyyyyyyyy before you could possibly know what you actually need.

A system of cells interlinked
I literally would benefit more from putting Jake Marasnik in his slot now, I just dont need home runs. Hes not slumping or hurt, in actuality now is the time someone should be trying to grab them rather than vice versa.
Trade sent!!!

Since you don't need those HR...

Martin will get you steals!

Trade sent!!!

Since you don't need those HR...

Martin will get you steals!
I ain't trading Souza, oh hell naw! lol! Let me see what Pat says and I might get back with you, but not for Souza. Nuh unh.

Send an offer to Yoda. I don't think he will take it but it is riskier. Edwin and K Rod for Desmond and Kinsler.
It's certainly reasonable, but I've already got a bit of a glut at 2B/SS, so I'll pass. Thanks though.

Sent Crackerjacks an offer of Pujols for Polanco. If I wasnt so flush with power this offer would not be happening.

Since I got another no,

I'm now offering Sedai - A-Rod for Leonys Martin.

I will have my satisfaction!