Pedophilia & the Movies

Tools    

This is why pedophiles do not come out and say who they are. There is too much of a "lynch mob" mentality.

If they are out and the community and identifiable, don't you think that is much better than having some weirdo you "suspect" is a pedophile?

It is not a crime to be a pedophile anymore than it is a crime to be gay, or a necrophile.

The crime is when they act upon it.

As for saying I "mollested" a child, back off man. We didn't have sex until she was 14 which is legal where I am.

Originally Posted by ordinary_guy
This is why pedophiles do not come out and say who they are. There is too much of a "lynch mob" mentality.

If they are out and the community and identifiable, don't you think that is much better than having some weirdo you "suspect" is a pedophile?

It is not a crime to be a pedophile anymore than it is a crime to be gay, or a necrophile.

The crime is when they act upon it.

As for saying I "mollested" a child, back off man. We didn't have sex until she was 14 which is legal where I am.
I don't know if you are addressing me, LS or both, but I'll respond. You make some very goods points. However, can't you see how we might question your sincerity when your primary concern about the possibility of having sex with a child is that it would be cheating on your girlfriend? And what about you comparing the acting on feelings of pedophilia with the acting on feelings of homosexuality as much as you do?

I respect your bravery in talking about this, and I hope I haven't been out of line. I just tend to say what is on my mind.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Is necrophilia legal?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

It was beauty killed the beast.
"Also, how many times have you practiced pedophilia?"

It depends on how you define "pedophillia". If you mean someone under 13 (pre-teen) then the answer is twice. If you mean someone under the legal age of consent in my jurisdiction, then the answer is three times. If you mean someone under the age of 18 while I am an adult, the answer is still three times as I have never been unfaithful to my GF.
First you say you've practiced pedophilia with children under the legal age of consent 3 times, and twice with a child under 13. Now you tell Kong to back off because you didn't have sex with the girl until she was of legal consenting age. Which is it?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Kong
First you say you've practiced pedophilia with children under the legal age of consent 3 times, and twice with a child under 13. Now you tell Kong to back off because you didn't have sex with the girl until she was of legal consenting age. Which is it?
First thing: I know what you mean about the mob mentality ordinary-guy. In Britain some people actually attacked a paedeatrician's [sp] house, thinking they were a paedophile!!!! How insane is that? And when a program called Brass Eye did a brilliant parody of the hysteria surrounding the subject the show's creator, Chris Morris, had to flee the country with his family when hardly anyone "got" what he was aiming at.

[I still can't believe the age of consent is 18 in america tho! That's way too high. Surely that encourages the investigating-what's-taboo thing amongst sexually-ready kids? In Britain a mixture of repression and "over-sexed" media means we have a horribly high teen-pregnancy rate and single-parent family stats as it is]

Second thing: You can't help your desires perhaps [but you CAN confront them more than this. Yes, I am suggesting that you have a responsibility to never use your superior social-skills, world knowledge and "adult-standing" to slowly arrive at where you want to be with a kid -as to all intents and purposes you appear to. I recognise that paedophilia has a long historical precedent, but child prostitution and the enforced power-unbalance of an orchestrated adult-child relationship seem almost bound to end disastrously for the child! You DON'T fully control your desires as kong points out. I imagine the odds of a child being mentally cogent and fully formed enough at the age of twelve, say, to embark on a relationship with an adult, without any hint of parent-child undertones or other highly dubious motivations, and then leading a happy and fulfilled relationship with said adult, to be very close to zero. In other words, it could happen in this multiplicitous world, but both individuals would have to be highly exceptional and incredibly sensitive to all that could go wrong, and all that is unequal in it. I'm really not convinced that this is your situation]

Please respond mate. We need to be convinced far better than this that you're not just rationalising yourself into the place you want to be, probably traumatising that child's social and sexual perceptions for a long long time to come.

I've never had feelings of sexual desire for a child, so i need this explained to me. Try.

Gg

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by Golgot
[I still can't believe the age of consent is 18 in america tho!]
Don't believe it. It's not true. The age of sexual consent in the U.S. is determined on a state by state basis. Kong lives in Virginia, and the age of consent here is 16.

I think there are about 10 states in the US that have raised the age of consent to 18 and several more raised it to 17...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I think there are about 10 states in the US that have raised the age of consent to 18 and several more raised it to 17...
I found this map one day while I was researching, er, ahem...

http://www.twintracker.com/#
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I don't see why having the age of consent at 18 would be so ridiculous. It's for each state to decide, but I don't think I'd think it absurd for any state to have it that high. I don't know where I'd put it, personally, but it certainly wouldn't be lower than 16.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan

Wow...I thought it was 18 'round here, not 16. That's...comforting.

Yeah.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Yoda
I don't see why having the age of consent at 18 would be so ridiculous. It's for each state to decide, but I don't think I'd think it absurd for any state to have it that high. I don't know where I'd put it, personally, but it certainly wouldn't be lower than 16.

Wow...I thought it was 18 'round here, not 16. That's...comforting.

Yeah.
Yeah, sixteen seems fine. By seventeen and eighteen i think you've got just enough brains to make decisions bout where you point your hips, and what lingers on lips . But there's so much variation amongst people, so kids can be both mentally and physically ready to enter some types of sexual relationships from potentially young ages. I just reckon the law is going to be ignored when that's the case, and this victim-less crime ends get punished for no reason. Still, all line-drawing cuts off considerations of variety by necessity, so any age you set is going to have problems. It's application that's everything.

Yeah, sixteen seems fine. By seventeen and eighteen i think you've got just enough brains to make decisions bout where you point your hips, and what lingers on lips .
Thank you, Dr. Seuss.

But there's so much variation amongst people, so kids can be both mentally and physically ready to enter some types of sexual relationships from potentially young ages. I just reckon the law is going to be ignored when that's the case, and this victim-less crime ends get punished for no reason. Still, all line-drawing cuts off considerations of variety by necessity, so any age you set is going to have problems. It's application that's everything.
Exactly. Well put; there's not a single age that won't produce (valid) gripes. Personally I think it lies somewhere within the 16-18 range, and I'm glad that each individual state can decide which way it'd rather lean.

Good post.

After re-reading all of your posts, I can’t help but wonder if you ever even gave this girl you’re engaged to now any other choice… you stated you’ve had a relationship with her since she was 12 years old and while she may have been physically mature enough to have a relationship, I doubt very seriously if she was emotionally mature enough… so to me, it's highly possible you’ve molded her into just what you wanted her to be… and if that is the case, you’ve molested her in more ways then one…

Wow. The age of consent in South Carolina is 14! It's very surprising to me that it's that low in any state in this country.

Originally Posted by firegod
Wow. The age of consent in South Carolina is 14! It's very surprising to me that it's that low in any state in this country.

There is a bill pending right now in South Carolina to raise the age to 16....

God that is terrible.

Lord you must have been shocked when you found this, is was to me when I opened it, what was worse, seeing how many people have looked at it.

I am having a nervous breakdance
***WARNING***

***WARNING***

GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

Ok, I couldn't rep you right now, but I've got one word for this: TOUCHÉ!!!!

Number 10 is the best example of the hypocrisy.

I must become Caligari..!

Well i guess its ok... since i am underage as well
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...