[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

Yeah I've only seen Die Hard, Predator and The Hunt for Red October. While I like those first two, I remember having to watch Hunt for school and was honestly a bit bored. I'm sure it's a good movie, but it didn't do much for me.

@Swan... damn... I just had a great idea for you...

Clint Eastwood.
Another director I've never been overly passionate about, even if he's done some great work.

It's cool though, I'll find someone. Thanks for the suggestions my friend.

I'm not sure exactly how this works but if it's cool I'd be more than willing to curate Stuart Gordon. I've been studying his films for a bit now and have some lengthy history with his work.

EDIT: I underastand if he doesn't really mesh with other directors. I see the ones listed so far are kind of "world class" so...it's fine if Stuart Gordon doesn't make the cut.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
I'd be happy to curate a female directors club if anybody else would be interested.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'd be happy to curate a female directors club if anybody else would be interested.
I'm in coffriend.

I think you should go for it too. If it's a director I like, I'll definitely join.

Hey Yoda sir!

Would you please start a club for female directors? I've got a pretty good first post in the works.

Thank you!

Don't forget to @ me to make sure I see it!

Right now the technical setup is such that it's just One Director = One Club, though we might expand into different genres or types. So that said, if you have a favorite female director of moderate fame that you're willing to curate for, name them, and it shall be done.

Don't forget to @ me to make sure I see it!

Right now the technical setup is such that it's just One Director = One Club, though we might expand into different genres or types. So that said, if you have a favorite female director of moderate fame that you're willing to curate for, name them, and it shall be done.
I could not figure out how to flag you! Now I know.

For the moment, let us begin with Kathryn Bigelow. Hope this works for everybody. I like her because she works gritty.

Okay, sounds good. I've got 2-3 to add, then, and I might not get to it until next week, but she'll be in the next batch. I'll PM you some quick instructions on how to tag threads about her.

I'm such an idiot thinking I would need some time to pick a director. I think Ingmar Bergman - my favorite director - is a good pick yeah? I think we could get some good participants for him?

I'm such an idiot thinking I would need some time to pick a director. I think Ingmar Bergman - my favorite director - is a good pick yeah? I think we could get some good participants for him?
I'm not incredibly well versed in Bergman but what I've seen, I've loved. Go for it.

Okay, sounds good. I've got 2-3 to add, then, and I might not get to it until next week, but she'll be in the next batch. I'll PM you some quick instructions on how to tag threads about her.
Thank you, tiny green one.

I have had a couple requests to do another viewing schedule for the Hitch club. My original plan was to move on to one of the Anderson clubs or ask if another curator wanted to do something similar for one of their clubs. If people are more into Hitch I will gladly do more there. Give me some thoughts Mofos.