What was the last Blu-ray Disc you bought and why?

Tools    

Why haven't you owned Blue - Ray in a while jrs? I haven't decided to break down and spend the money on a Blue Ray player yet...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I only got my PS3 recently, but the first movie I intend to get on blu-ray is The Dark Knight because it's probably one of the best movies out there to see in high def imo.

I sold my PS3 and blu-rays a while back cause i needed the extra money.. i just have my trusty dvd player. Besides, I'm happy with DVD at the moment. I'll re-upgrade to Blu when /if it is really necessary.

You ready? You look ready.

I bought it back when it released, and I haven't made any other purchases since then. I can't justify the price tag on DVDs or Blu-Rays anymore. As for this purchase...fantastic. Come on, it's Pinocchio.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I can't justify the price tag on DVDs or Blu-Rays anymore.
Basically DVD's are cheaper. They can run from $2.99 to $19.99. More if you buy a box set. If you know where to go, it's not hard. As for Blu-rays they aren't that much more..if you get them on Amazon. Stores might have good bargains but some big chains can be jip ya cause they sell them for the actual retail price. Same for DVDs but you got to be money conscious.

Basically DVD's are cheaper. They can run from $2.99 to $19.99. More if you buy a box set. If you know where to go, it's not hard. As for Blu-rays they aren't that much more..if you get them on Amazon. Stores might have good bargains but some big chains can be jip ya cause they sell them for the actual retail price. Same for DVDs but you got to be money conscious.
Just because I said I couldn't afford to buy them...does not mean I think they are expensive.

Just because I said I couldn't afford to buy them...does not mean I think they are expensive.
You didnt say anything about not being able to afford them, you said you couldn't justify the price tags. I was just describing the differences so you would be able to.

You didnt say anything about not affording them, you said you couldn't justify the price tags. I was just describing the differences so you would be able to.
Not being able to justify the price of DVDs and Blu-Rays does not mean they are expensive. It means I can't see the sense in spending money on them.

It means I can't see the sense in spending money on them.
Exactly..I was just telling you (or anyone) in general, if you cant see the sense in spending the $$$ on them, buy DVDs they are cheaper. But Blu-rays, depending on where you buy them, they can be $5 dollars more than a DVD. Just giving my input.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Repo: The Genetic Opera

Slumdog Millionaire

The Wrestler

Buy two get one free from Amazon.

Suspect's Reviews

I rarely "buy" DVDs anymore... I buy exclusives at Target, Best Buy or whatnot. Other than that all my movies exist on my external hard drive (s) to be watched on my TV through the X-Box 360. (Except for the DVDs I already own) As for Blu-rays...an upgrade probably wouldn't be necessary unless it's of dire importance to my viewing needs which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
You download the movies I take it?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Alright, just weird since you were the one always praising DVD's and Blu-ray.

Snow White and The Wizard of Oz are the only 2 i own so far

Originally Posted by Movie_watcher_18
Snow White and The Wizard of Oz are the only 2 i own so far
I recently bought those, too.

i now have Drag Me To Hell also
(while I was paying for it, the guy asked if i had a blueray player, as if other people picked up a blueray instead of a dvd)