Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Final trailer:

That ending scene, heh, I guess that is when we learn Superman dose bleed.

Don't know how the overall movie will play out, but I do say I like seeing a bat-suit that looks more like Batman.
The Nolan / Bale suits just looked less and less Batman-like throughout the films and looked more like plastic armor with a Black Panther cowl. I especially hated the cape that looked like it was made of FELT. A felt or velvet looking material for a cape just doesn't convey the idea of leathery bat wings. The cape here looks much better.

This is nit-picky, but Bale always looked rather thin as Batman - and the suit seemed to become more streamlined with each film - and by the time the third film came out (Rises) he almost looked gaunt in the suit.

I like a slightly beefier looking Batman. The suit here reminds me a bit of the one in Sandy Collora's short film: Batman Dead End (2003). And I remember reading that the design of the suit in the Collora film was based on the paintings of comic artist Alex Ross.

I realize the entire premise of Dawn of Justice is based on or inspired by the 1986 comic The Dark Knight Returns (wherein Batman was quite beefy indeed as he was supposed to be post-middle-aged.) It seems they are following that theme here and it seems they are borrowing the look of the Batman from TDKR quite directly with everything from the suit's colors, its design, the large chest emblem and the small ears. And of course the anti-Superman bat-armor was also featured in TDKR.

The new trailer has won me over again.

I love brutal Batman and I agree, this is The Batman (judging by the trailers). Few more gifs:

(I think this is where Bats uses kryptonite in gas form, or maybe it's just a bomb of some kind)

(The Dark Knight Returns influence)

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
That last scene is what feeds my movie addiction.

I really love the look of Batman. Having always been a fan of TDKR and its art style, this looks great. Love it or shove it, the blocky, wide, hulking look works for me.

I need a schematic and theoretical breakdown of the suit.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I love how on mobile, I see "last post by jrs (3 hours ago)".

Sleep well sweet prince.

IDK but too me Superman acts like a bully no way DC allows him too dominate in the movie like it appears simply because Batman in all avenues is DC bread and butter so I can see the suit having something that weakens Superman over time. Batman after all is the world greatest detective and is always ready for plan b.

Superman dose not want to dominate, he could kill everyone and rule the world, will he? No, he won't. Same reason why Batman dose not snipe Joker from Watchtower. Batman needs to go for a kill in order to be able to hurt him, Clark dose not have that problem, he understands he could kill Batman but he won't and that is Bats advantage - "deep down Clark is a good person, and deep down, I'm not."

Well batman isn't evil deep down either just in this movie a bit of a burn out where he does not care how he beats someone.

Looks awesome. Loving those Batman scenes.
Just seen the new trailer and Batman does look good – I believe they requested more of him in fact and I can see why. The fight in the warehouse looks very different to what we've seen on film up to now.

Well batman isn't evil deep down either just in this movie a bit of a burn out where he does not care how he beats someone.
No, he is not evil, but he is dangerously damaged.

"And I'm afraid that when i walk through those gates...When I walk into Arkham and doors close behind me...It will be just like coming home."

He was always ready to play dirty and sacrifice a lot in order to win. This level of brutality is normal for Batman, we just never saw it on big screen.

My point was this, Batman has to be brutal in order to even stand a chance against Superman, he has to go for the killing blow, if he pulls back, Superman would defeat him in matter of seconds.

why is the batman outfit so bulky? does it have to do with the animated movies or the actual comic book appearance? i like the slim fit outfit of the dark knight trilogy more.

Batman was always kinda bulky and muscly.

The Baleman was a more streamlined, realistic suit as Nolan was going for the "if this was genuinely real" sort of thing.

There's very little about this that says "Batman" to me...

Was reading the other night where people started to call Bale's suit the "Puzzle Suit" - I can see why.

This is an interesting comparison.
The Keaton suit seemed to capture the essence of Batman much better, especially in "Returns" where they made improvements on the cowl and corrected the chest emblem. (I still can't figure out why they used a bizarre looking emblem in the first Batman '89 movie that had little "feet" on it!)

Bale's sectioned plastic armor & neck brace may have been more practical or even more realistic, but it began to alter the look of the classic character so much that he no longer looked like the Batman.