The 3rd Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm nearly ready to turn in my list, just got to rewatch Trip to the Moon.

I'm going to say something controversial now, and admit that I don't really like Tale of Tales. Sorry.

I'm nearly ready to turn in my list, just got to rewatch Trip to the Moon.

I'm going to say something controversial now, and admit that I don't really like Tale of Tales. Sorry.
That's fine. No hard feelings.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Sorry everyone, I was away from a couple of weeks, now I'm back! I expect to finish all the watching by tomorrow!

How's everyone?

Sorry everyone, I was away from a couple of weeks, now I'm back! I expect to finish all the watching by tomorrow!

How's everyone?
Not the best. Worst case scenario I may be a day or two late, if that's okay. If not I'll rush to get done on or before the due date.

Sent a PM to those who didn't send their lists yet, waiting for everyone to respond. I'll extend it a few days so everyone can finish all the viewings! no pressure!

Skazka Skazok a.k.a. Tale of Tales (rewatch)

This was a rewatch of a short I like very much!
It's basically a sequence of allegories about Russian society and the problems of the War. The animation and soundtrack are beautiful and unique. The way all the allegoric elements is presented does not follow any chronological or even logical reason, it's like a constant dream, a lost thought on Russian spirit. A masterpiece.

+

Ashes

I get why someone might like this. As Daniel explain, it tries to transport you to a hypnosis state, constantly showing you images, sounds of colors of life. It didn't quite work for me, and it ended being a struggle to finish it.

Interior Design

A beautiful metaphor to how it feels to be always there to support your loved ones, feeling useful at the same time!
The acting is pretty solid and the editing goes with the feeling with the movie, which is great!
It starts a bit slow but it gets better and better; the last 10 minutes are great!

Pas de Deux

Very interesting use of film making to capture the rhythm of dancing and create an at times enchanting piece of work.

Guard Dog

I wish I liked this more, there were parts I really loved, the setting, the sounds, but I wanted to laugh more at the dark humour. Maybe I will the more I watch from the director.

Interior Design

Hmmm, I'm not really sure about Michel Gondry, at times it felt clever and interesting, but at other times off putting. I think a rating down the middle fairly reflects how much I enjoyed it, although its the type of cult/quirky/clever little film that I can understand would be a favourite.

Kanojo no omoide a.k.a. Magnetic Rose
An anime extremely western influenced, as Guap said it would be.
I hate being part of that team but this would work much better if it wasn't animated. The plot is interesting, the soundtrack is great but overall, it never appealed to me as much as I needed to don't become bored. I think I needed more "reality" in a way to connect with it.

Finished all my watchings! 4 people didn't send their lists yet. Daniel M and Friendly Mushroom asked for more time, which is alright, AlexWilder said he probably won't be able to watch everything and I didn't heard from Cobpyth.

So, when Daniel M and FM finish their watchings I'm closing this and the shorts from those who didn't vote will be disclassified.

Yeah, just a few more to watch for me, sorry for the delay. I honestly forgot all about this until the other day. I'll post my ratings and send you a full list later mate.

Two & Two

Elefante

Similar problems with both, interesting concepts but a little too obvious in their execution. But for a few clever moments they fail to do much interesting in terms of cinema for me, sorry.