What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Earlier today I went out and bought a used copy of Die Hard for cheap.

And just now I bought on Amazon:

The Innocents (1961)

The Triplets of Belleville (2003)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I bought one of the more glorious DVDs anyone could buy at this time. It's technically called The Films of Michael Powell. It's a double disc set with one of my all-time fave films (and the one I've been waiting for the longest to show up on DVD), the Powell/Pressburger masterpiece, A Matter of Life and Death. The other disc is Powell's final fictional film, Age of Consent, the story of Australian painter Norman Lindsay (later retold in the equally-unclad Sirens) which not only has a great James Mason performance, but features Helen Mirren in her first film (I'd estimate that she's naked only about 5-10% of the movie).

The set is beautifully-packaged with gorgeous photos which aren't even on the Web yet. Marty Scorsese gives a nice intro to both films, and I realized, just from watching the bonus features, that I saw a recut and rescored version of Age of Consent which comes across as much more buffoonish than I ever thought that Michael Powell would allow, so I'm incredibly looking forward to seeing the Master's original version which will be undoubtedly more poetic that Columbia Pictures wanted 40 years ago. As far as A Matter of Life and Death goes, if you have a DVD player which allows you to watch American DVDs, this is almost too beautiful to believe.

After I watch the films, I'll post my comments at You Need a Shot of Michael Powell! I got this double disc for $20 out the door at DVD Planet.

Did I mention before that A Matter of Life and Death might be the most romantic film ever made? Besides that, it might be the most creative and Ahead-of-its-Time flick ever made too!

I bought one of the more glorious DVDs anyone could buy at this time. It's technically called The Films of Michael Powell....
Yeah, mine hasn't shown up in the mail yet but I have ordered it already.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You're a Genius all the time
I have a fading, recorded A Matter of Life and Death VHS copy that is on the last of its very resilient legs. It's times like this that I wish I had money. Also, all other times, too.

So who wants to buy me that Powell set?

Has Addicted Dvd Sydrom - ADS
Last Dvd I Brought Was Hating Alison Ashley ... Why? Honestly I Have No Idea Why I Brought It ... Then Again I Buy Random Movies ... But On A More Serious Note .. I Should Stop Buying Dvds .. Because I Have Too Many

Demolition man
Problem child
EdWARD SCISSORHANDS
Big
the twlight zone-season one

Because of my lack of purchasing much in the DVD department, I haven't posted much in this thread if at all. Though, I did pick up the Frankenstein Legacy Collection yesterday for $20 and I'd like to brag about it here. It includes the original Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein, and House of Frankenstein all on 2 discs(one double sided). A fine buy.

You get a +rep point just for buying this UF. It took me over 20 years to finally track down a copy, then it was released on region 2 about a year later. I love it and it'd possibly make my top 100.

Welcome to the human race...

Had a spare gift voucher and I couldn't find these movies at any of my usual rental places so there you go.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Nice Mortal Kombat is awesome but Annihilation isnt as good.

What ive bought recently is;

The Strangers,
Balls Of Fury,
Superbad,
Outpost,
Shooter,
Dracula,
The Illusionist,
Juno,
No Country For Old Men,
Children Of Men.

I havent posted in here for a while :-(

Welcome to the human race...
Nice Mortal Kombat is awesome but Annihilation isnt as good.
Well, it was $13 for the two of them or $18 for the first by itself.

I found a copy of Truly Madly Deeply on a bargain table for a buck... and as I've never seen it before, I decided that was cheaper than renting it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Last action hero
Greedy
Daylight
Bluestreak and nationl secutiay

I found a copy of Truly Madly Deeply on a bargain table for a buck... and as I've never seen it before, I decided that was cheaper than renting it...
Let us know what you think about it. From what I've seen around here, most members haven't seen it before. It's great.

p.s. Have tissue near by.

You won't regret it I own it

Escape from Alcatraz (1979)

The City of Lost Children (1995)

Million Dollar Baby (2004)

Amélie (2001)