Improvised Preparedness Finally movies

Tools    

I love movies where characters don't go into a final situation half ready and have to improvise smartly to prepare well.

I'm looking for some movies where the characters at the end or towards the end of the movie go all out on their preparations before making a final push. I'll give some guidelines and some examples of what I mean.

I wanted to be mainly a conflict using Manpower. No Starships that have buttoned down the hatches and enforced their Shields. But people preparing themselves for a person to whatever conflict.

I want it to be more about people being smart with gearing up with stuff more than gathering up energy for a superpower they have, or only the fortifying of installation but everything else is mundane like grabbing some swords or phasers.

It must include things they had to requisition or improvise creatively or intelligently as opposed to something that as a obvious resource of theirs. So The Punisher gathering some of his guns or Iron Man having all of his suits ready to come with him doesn't count. But the boys on Lost Boys filling up the bathtub with holy water and garlic and filling up their water guns with it to prepare against the vampires works. Breaking into an Armory to steal things for a final push works as well. Basically anything that is either not obvious or not usually at the fingertips of the user.

And it can't be things that are gathered through a majority of a movie but before the final push. So The Count of Monte Cristo even though he didn't have the things for the first half of the movie had it for a great portion before the end and had prepare it gradually.

Here are some examples...

Monster Squad
Lost Boys
Predator
Soldier
Split Second
Toy Soldiers

Not movies but every episode of 80's the A-Team and MacGyver have exactly what you're looking for.

I'll try to come up with some movie titles.

Not movies but every episode of 80's the A-Team and MacGyver have exactly what you're looking for.

I'll try to come up with some movie titles.
Yes I am looking for movies. But mentioning MacGyver is the perfect example fitting the rest of the criteria. It doesn't always have to be quite that improvised. Even just Gathering up a bunch of guns would work as long as it requires going out of their way to do it, and who they are facing guns would be ideal for. It can't be going down into their ship's Armory that they already have. It has to be like breaking into someone else's Armory and taking a risk that allows them to deck themselves out. You get the idea. Preparedness for final push with some effort or ingenuity.

Actually John Connor if in Terminator 2 they stole those weapons from that encampment instead of showing up in passing off the Terminator as Uncle Bob to people they already knew and liked them. And then took those powerful weapons right after it to specifically to take down the liquid Terminator it would have probably qualified for the list.

But they didn't do it for a final push against their enemy it was just grabbing some weapons and then after that they decided at one point to use them to help them into a facility.

You get the idea.

Oddly enough I don't think I've seen all of Commando. I don't know why though the parts that I seen made it look like it was a great movie and just definitely looks like it qualifies thank you.

Well, there's always The Poseidon Adventure (1972). Wouldn't have ever believed that Shelley Winters could swim underwater at aged 52..
Hahaha! That is funny but it was a little bit more of a willpower getting out of a situation than it was a montage of preparedness followed by defeating some enemies.

That movie is kind of a nightmare for me though. I've had nightmares just like it. I have a feeling that I would have pressure induced psychosis under the water like in Abyss.

Everyone that's been helping me on this thread. Thank you so far and also you may want to note that I have at least a few other lists that I'm also trying to compile on other threads that are just as fun as this one.