Mech Movies from power suits to giants

Tools    

I'm trying to find some movies with some great Mecha in them. I can probably find some kind of list on Wiki but people add all kinds of things so easily that only fit the bill using a stretch of logic.

Here are a few rules...

I want it to be a mechanical not a biomechanical suit like the one on Independence Day that the alien uses.

I want it to be shaped like a bipedial humanoid. Alien Mech suits can work like the one on District 9 as long as it has two arms and two legs with a torso between them and the head at the top kind of thing. So the tripods from tom criuse War of the Worlds are disqualified.

I have nothing against animated or CG movies. But I prefer the suits are in a live-action movie even if the suit itself is CG.

It can be of any size as long as it is a mechanical augmentation of the person using it.

Here are some examples and the format that would be great to get some more movies added. This will give you a better idea of the kinds of things that I think qualify for my rules and do not. Thank you.

CLOSE FITTING SUITS
Iron Man
Edge of Tomorrow

PERSON FITS IN TORSO
Iron Man 2
Matrix Revolutions
District 9
Aliens

PERSON FITS IN HEAD
Robot Jox
Pacific Rim

Thanks as I look through and confirm movies fit rules I will repost updated lists in the comments. I did not list all the ones I can possibly think of but feel free to add sequels like the other Iron Man movies.

I was thinking back to this film the other day. I don't know whether I knew this years ago but Crash and Burn was apparently not a proper sequel to Robot Jox. It felt like it at the time .

Perhaps not a mention you'd be expecting but there was a Doctor Who audio drama several years ago, Exotron, that involved giant robots being used to defend humans.

Great! Some that I haven't heard of or thought of.

Is Crash and Burn the one with the giant scorpion machine?

Great! Some that I haven't heard of or thought of.

Is Crash and Burn the one with the giant scorpion machine?
Was Guyver a series? That works too if it was. A vaguely can't remember if it was a movie or series because I never saw it. Can you give me a few sentence plot summary?

I was thinking back to this film the other day. I don't know whether I knew this years ago but Crash and Burn was apparently not a proper sequel to Robot Jox. It felt like it at the time .

Perhaps not a mention you'd be expecting but there was a Doctor Who audio drama several years ago, Exotron, that involved giant robots being used to defend humans.
If I'm not remembering right in Crash and Burn wasn't the title of the Scorpion one I'd like to know which movie that was with a giant scorpion.

And was exotron about bipedal robots piloted by beings inside of them?

Oops looks like I quoted the wrong comment on that last one haha. Whatever I don't feel like correcting it right now

Was Guyver a series? That works too if it was. A vaguely can't remember if it was a movie or series because I never saw it. Can you give me a few sentence plot summary?
Manga series and then US movie

...and here I was ready to recommend Evangelion, Escaflowne, and Gundam Unicorn.
I know calling specifically for Live Action and also preferring movies on this list does narrow the field a bit. But I really like live action Mecha and if I leave those two qualifiers out it's going to end up one big freaking list hahaha

If I'm not remembering right in Crash and Burn wasn't the title of the Scorpion one I'd like to know which movie that was with a giant scorpion.
It seems so long ago…

And was exotron about bipedal robots piloted by beings inside of them?
It was .

Some more I've just thought of: the large 'gate guard' robot piloted by goblins in Labyrinth (1986); the robot in Voltron; and the robots of Zoids all had people driving them, although I don't think they were ever humanoid.

Some more I've just thought of: the large 'gate guard' robot piloted by goblins in Labyrinth (1986); the robot in Voltron; and the robots of Zoids all had people driving them, although I don't think they were ever humanoid.
Oh my goodness! I love Labyrinth as a kid and thought it was cool they had some kind of mechanical and steam powered next thing attached to that gate. But I didn't think of the connection when I was trying to make this list. Great!

Oh my goodness! I love Labyrinth as a kid and thought it was cool they had some kind of mechanical and steam powered next thing attached to that gate. But I didn't think of the connection when I was trying to make this list. Great!
Yeah, almost a steampunk robot .

I liked the mechanical suits the aliens used in Battleship (2012).

Another Doctor Who example is that the Ice Warriors were retconned a few years ago. They were always the classic 'man in a suit' alien but their familiar, bulky humanoid armour was revealed to be an exoskeleton piloted by a thin, spindly Martian inside. So it's essentially Mark Gatiss drawing on War of the Worlds to reinvent them, which I thought was quite clever even though I liked them as they were.

I liked the mechanical suits the aliens used in Battleship (2012).

Another Doctor Who example is that the Ice Warriors were retconned a few years ago. They were always the classic 'man in a suit' alien but their familiar, bulky humanoid armour was revealed to be an exoskeleton piloted by a thin, spindly Martian inside. So it's essentially Mark Gatiss drawing on War of the Worlds to reinvent them, which I thought was quite clever even though I liked them as they were.
I've probably almost committed a sin by not watching any Doctor Who but I'm on the fence about watching it. I've heard so many great things about it and the only reason why I do not want to watch it is because there is so many freaking Renditions and seasons of it and I am a binge Watcher that it seems like a huge commitment to get into it lol

I've probably almost committed a sin by not watching any Doctor Who but I'm on the fence about watching it. I've heard so many great things about it and the only reason why I do not want to watch it is because there is so many freaking Renditions and seasons of it and I am a binge Watcher that it seems like a huge commitment to get into it lol
Yeah, I imagine it could be incredibly overfacing now for any new fan. When I became a proper fan it was 1992, the series had ended and there were still only seven Doctors .

Yeah, I imagine it could be incredibly overfacing now for any new fan. When I became a proper fan it was 1992, the series had ended and there were still only seven Doctors .
Yeah whenever I go back to Portland there's a place called movie Madness where they rent out pretty much any movie or series you can think of. The Doctor Who DVDs they have available show that I will age a bit to see them all.

Yeah whenever I go back to Portland there's a place called movie Madness where they rent out pretty much any movie or series you can think of. The Doctor Who DVDs they have available show that I will age a bit to see them all.
Imagine when they were videos .