Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
The Sting (1973) -

Cool film that has some great scenes and is beautifully shot.

Toy Story (1995) -
+

A classic.

Toy Story 2 (1999) -
++

Not nearly as clever as the first.

Stop it. Rate this properly or I'll hand your ass over to Barbie.
HAHAHAHA , but being serious I just don't think it's that good. It's the same movie just with a couple new characters. I think it lacks anything new. The side stories are lazy imo.

It's a lot funnier and has better animantion than the original. I think it is the best out of the trilogy with the original as the weakest but still very good.

Read my review, Cole. I just re-read it myself and even though it's not as thorough and well-written as some of my recent reviews, I think I get the point across and why it's not just "lazy", "lacking anything new" or whatever you want to criticize it with.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Every time I see this damn poster I laugh at the horrible Photoshop job on Deniro and the damn hand.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Despite a rather formulaic plot and structure, Southpaw works due to a dedicated performance from Gyllenhaal. A more realistic take on boxing than anything you'll find in a Rocky movie, this film tries to be authentic. For the most part it works, even if it gets a little too heavy handed with throwing rocks at our main character when he is down.

Zootopia -
-

image posting

Good film i see why it gets the praise it does. Was supposed to be watching this with my nephew while watching him, but he has a cold so his mum has stayed to watch him instead, too bad because i think i would've rated it higher if i watched it with him because he would have cracked up at certain bits i didn't making the experience more enjoyable for me. Well he is bringing over Home On The Range on Sunday to watch with me since his mum bought him it a few days ago and he hasn't seen it yet, thankfully i haven't either.

Anyway i did like the animation mostly, but i don't know there were certain parts that just didn't gel with me. The scene Hopps is travelling to Zootopia was stunning even though the song was really annoying. Hopps was really adorable and i liked her spirit she reminded me of Joy from Inside Out a bit except a lot scrappier which is something i always appreciate, funnily enough i knew nothing about this before watching it and i thought the fox was the main character like the poster i posted implies, obviously that is just a size thing which is funnily enough a point made in the film.

I overall liked the idea of a western society depicted with animals, this is of course not an original idea but i think they went further than most films; at least western animated films have. A few of the things did make me roll my eyes a bit, not because the scenes were bad but because they were making such obvious jokes like everybody who works at the DMV are sloths. The thing that i really hated about that joke is that it doesn't work both ways/ for all audiences like it is intended to. Kids may find the sloths pretty funny initially but i doubt it is going to be a notable moment that will stick with them. Adults may give a slight chuckle "ha, the DMV is slow", but it is not going to be a great bit of observational humour that cracks them up. I know i'm dwelling on one scene which wasn't supposed to be amazing or anything but there were a few during this which i groaned through and that one stuck out the most. I've noticed a few bits like this in Disney/Pixar films that just seem to me like the writers are saying adults this is for you and the kids LOL *wink*, some of them work really well but there are always a few that make me roll my eyes.

Anyway yeah good film, best of 2016 so far. FIlms i've seen from 2016

1.Zootopia

Welcome to the human race...
The Five-Year Engagement -

Fairly tolerable by Apatowcore standards.

Finding Dory (2016)

Can finally say I've seen a good non-Toy Story Pixar sequel. While the plot was fairly predictable, the likeable characters, great voice acting (especially from DeGeneres), and great animation made up for it, not to mention it hit plenty of emotions.

The Earrings of Madame De... (1953)

This movie has a lot going for it, and I think some members would love it. Musically and visually, it is very beautiful, and it has an elegant and charming way. I just couldn't get into the narrative.

What have you thought of Vittorrio De Sica so far Cricket? Just wondering because i have Umberto D and The Bicycle Thieves ready to watch, and you and Mark are the only ones here i know that have seen everything ever

What have you thought of Vittorrio De Sica so far Cricket? Just wondering because i have Umberto D and The Bicycle Thieves ready to watch, and you and Mark are the only ones here i know that have seen everything ever
I liked Umberto, but not as much as most people. I haven't seen the other yet.