R.I.P., Bernie Mac

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Bernie Mac is dead at age 50:

CHICAGO (AP) - A publicist says Emmy and Golden Globe nominated actor and comedian Bernie Mac has died at age 50.

Publicist Danica Smith says Mac died early Saturday at a hospital in the Chicago area of complications due to pneumonia.

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but he had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently had been hospitalized and treated for pneumonia.

Mac had starring roles in "Ocean's Eleven,""Bad Santa,""Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and "Transformers."

The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox television series "The Bernie Mac Show," which aired more than 100 episodes from 2001 to 2006.

You're a Genius all the time
That is a bummer.

I can't say I was a big Bernie Mac fan or anything, but the guy was pretty funny and talented and whatnot. It's a shame. And, even though it was more of an ironic accesory than anything else, I did have this Bernie Mac "Read" poster on my wall through much of college. I stole it from my high school library and it's my lasting memory of Mac. This really is a downer, he was only 50.

Rest in peace, sir.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
What a shame he was a awsome actor/comedian.

RIP

I wasn't an overt fan either, SC, but I loved him in the Ocean's 11/12/13 movies. He added just the right touch to each one of those movies.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Damn, the last I heard he was doing fine and was released from hospital.

This sucks.

R.I.P

Suspect's Reviews

His film choices were never too good but I did enjoy the Bernie Mac show and his acts on the Original Kings of Comedy he was a funny guy and its always sad to see an early death

This is awful. I didn't know about his illness, and had just heard last week about him being in the hospital.
I thought he was great, very funny . . . and although the films that I have seen of his so far, are probably not that popular, I got a kick out of them. He was hilarious.

R.I.P.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Rest in Peace

Who watches the Watchbear?
Damn, it feels unreal. RIP.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Wow, I didn't even know he was sick. I loved Bernie Mac, he was hilarious at stand-up comedy, and I loved him in Oceans 11. This is really sad.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
I raise my glass to a top comedian and great actor. Always remembered.

I didn't even know he was sick... Damn.

RIP Mac.

I just found this thread. Which means, you know, I'm blind. This Bernie Mac death - it bothers me a little. I'm very confused about how someone dies of pnuemonia (sp?).

I guess money cant buy good healthcare. He shouldve asked Donda West and she could've told him.

He did suffer from a lung ailment to begin with, so I'm guessing that his lungs were already compromised from his illness ... and in cases like that pneumonia can definitely knock you out.

Make 'em laugh in Heaven, funny man.

[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

okay he was never in any danger of winning an academy award but i enjoyed him in ocean's 11 and bad santa and numerous hood films. r.i.p