Leo Dicaprio as TEDDY ROOSEVELT?

Tools    

http://imdb.com/title/tt0480046/

Yeah, I know Dicaprio is Scorsese's pet actor, but you've GOT to be kidding me. Big, burly, booming, mustachioed Teddy Roosevelt? Thoughts, anyone?

All I know is, Arnie Grape better put on like 30 lbs. of muscle if he wants to avoid destroying this project. Teddy's one of my favorite historical figures, and as much as I love Scorsese (and have come to admire DiCaprio's work, as well), I just don't know if I like the idea of them working on this project.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0480046/

Yeah, I know Dicaprio is Scorsese's pet actor, but you've GOT to be kidding me. Big, burly, booming, mustachioed Teddy Roosevelt? Thoughts, anyone?

Teddy really wasn't that big of a guy in his earlier years... so I think Leo can pull it off…

Col. Theodore Roosevelt - 1898

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

pssh they should just get Robin Williams to do it...just messin

yeah i think leo could pull off a early teddy, should be an interesting movie, can't wait.

The man's a chameleon. Look at the range in these images alone:

Leonardo DiCaprio can play anyone and anything. He's a physical, vocal and emotional shape-shifter. That's why he's been used by Martin Scorsese (four times and counting), Steven Spielberg, Danny Boyle, Edward Zwick, Ridley Scott, Sam Mendes, etc. I really can't think of a male role that I wouldn't consider casting him in.

He's starred in one of the highest grossing films of all time, he's successfully performed Shakespeare, received three Academy Award nominations and starred in two Best Picture winners. He takes his work more seriously than almost any working actors I can think of, and he has yet to have a bad streak. When are people going to start trusting the guy?

See the trailer here:

The man's a chameleon.
Not convinced of that but I think he could do it

Then, in all fairness, I have to ask you which films you've seen him in.
I think I have seen everything he has done and own a few, but to me, he looks the same in all of them that doesn't mean I don't like him, I do
I think Daniel Day lewis is a camellion

I think Daniel Day lewis is a camellion
And also closer to your type.

I haven't seen enough of Day-Lewis' work to comment, although I'm sure he's great... but when I say DiCaprio's a chameleon, I don't only mean the way he looks. He changes his voice, his walk, his mannerisms, his emotional state, everything, and he does a much better job than most working actors. But I'm glad you like him. lol

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm with Nebbit on this one, I don't think DiCaprio is really a chameleon. Not that he is a bad actor, but to me, he always looks and sounds the same, just a bit older.

Daniel Day Lewis is the perfect example of a chameleon actor. I'd also put Ed Norton, Guy Pearce, Chiwetel Eijofor, Ewan McGregor or Cillian Murphy ahead of DiCaprio in the versatility stakes.

I have no opinion on whether DiCaprio could play Roosevelt. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edward Norton? I love Edward Norton, but he hasn't played close to the range that DiCaprio has. Here's a handful of DiCaprio's characters that display his incomparable range:

With his performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, his mannerisms, vocal work and facial expressions are jaw-dropping in their authenticism and honesty

In Catch Me If You Can we see a scared young man who doesn't quite know how to handle his brilliance. DiCaprio blends humor and subtle empathy for Frank Abagnale Jr. with his Oscar-worthy performance

In The Departed he takes dramatic irony to a new level. He communicates things with the audience through his eyes that the other characters cannot see. DiCaprio's Billy Costigan is a transfixing character full of rage, confusion and terror.

In The Aviator, Leonardo DiCaprio brings Howard Hughes back to life with his deep, quirky performance. Filled with nuanced characteristics and astounding vocal work, this is another mindblowing performance.

In the unseen Don's Plum, Leo proves to be a master of improv. His character is an ignorant but pitiable young man who has developed a spite towards women as a result of his tragic past. His technical approach to the art of improvisation is as impressive as the complexity of his character.

Honestly, I see this guy as one of the screen's greatest actors. I can't even keep a straight face when comparing somebody like Cillian Murphy or Ewan McGregor to him. I'm not trying to instigate conflict, this is just my honest opinion.

With his performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, his mannerisms, vocal work and facial expressions are jaw-dropping in their authenticism and honesty
Loved him in this to see another great performance, rent "My Left Foot"

Loved him in this to see another great performance, rent "My Left Foot"
Yes that is a very good movie and I believe he won an Oscar for that as well did he not?

As for Leo I think you could do worse I actually think Leo is turning into the actor that I had hoped Brad Pitt would develop into. And if the movie is good Leo will just help make it better.