My 100 Worst Movie Performances

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I am really hoping that there is going to be at least one person named from "A Summer Place" on this list.

Sandra Dee as Susie Meredith

Imitation of Life (1959)

Dee's sugary turn as the spoiled daughter of a Broadway actress (Lana Turner) who falls for her mother's boyfriend (John Gavin) should be avoided by diabetics.

Richard Gere as Jesse Lujack

Breathless (1983)

Gere does some serious overacting in this tired remake as a small-time thief trying to flee Vegas who shoots a cop on the way. I haven't seen all of his films, but of the ones I've seen, this is Gere's worst performance.

Leslie Browne as Amelia Rodgers

The Turning Point (1977)

Leslie Browne's acting in this film made Mikhail Barysnikov seem like Laurence Olivier.

Bob Hope as Frank Larrimore

A Global Affair

Hope phones it in here as a statistician for the United Nations who becomes the guardian for a baby abandoned at the UN, causing international uproar. The only thing worse than Hope's performance here is the movie itself.

Eddie Murphy as Norbit/Rasputia/Mr. Wong

Norbit (2007)

Despite some extraordinary makeup and some very hard work from Eddie Murphy trying to bring three different characters to life, his characters are so unappealing that it's impossible to get on board with anything going on here.

Bob Crane as Charlie McCready

Superdad (1973)

Crane's attempt to launch a movie career after the demise of Hogan's Heroes was this lame Disney comedy about a very overprotective father was an epic fail...Crane did not have the chops to carry a feature film.

Roger Smith as Adult Patrick Dennis

Auntie Mame (1958)

Though everything in this film paled next to Rosalind Russell, Smith's wooden acting in this pivotal role was probably one of the primary reasons he eventually stopped acting and dedicated his life to guiding the career of his wife, Ann-Margret.

Barbra Streisand as Esther Hoffman Howard

A Star is Born (1976)

As a huge Streisand fan, this entry pains me, but in Streisand's defense, the woman was teetering on the edge of sanity while making this film. The film was being produced by Streisand's boyfriend at the time, future movie producer Jon Peters, who at the time of this film, was a former hairdresser and knew nothing about filmmaking., He butted heads with the director Frank Pierson and Streisand's leading man, Kris Kristofferson, not to mention that he was controlling every facet of Streisand's career at the time, including this film and her Superman album...there are those who thought this film would never make it to the screen but needless to say that Streisand's performance suffered for all the stress she was under at the time.

Good list, so far

Nicolas Cage needs to be on this list for almost everything he has done in the last 10 years.

I would also add:

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino from Righteous Kill (Whoever thought this was a good idea to reunite these 2 legends onscreen needs to be barred from Hollywood for life)

Ellar Coltrane from Boyhood (The kid's performance was dry and annoying as hell, and yes that for every stage in his life as the movie progresses)

George Clooney from Batman and Robin (Even he agrees)

Sylvester Stallone from Rhinestone (Even he agrees)

Everybody from Grown Ups 2

Those are just off the top of my head

Ali MacGraw as Carol McCoy

The Getaway (1972)

I've never been able to come up with a logical explanation for it, but despite MacGraw's unbelievably bad performance in this film, the chemistry between her and then hubby Steve McQueen is off the charts.

Tyler Perry as Madea/Brian/Joe

Diary of a Mad Black Woman (2005)

Tyler Perry first introduced the cinematic horror show known as Madea in this unfocused melodrama from 2005, as well as two other characters, slightly less annoying but no more effective.

Those are just off the top of my head[/quote]
I haven't seen Righteous Kill, but have never heard anything good about it. I try to include only films that I have seen but a couple of times, I have put a list on hold because a poster suggested a film should be on my list. I did it with my sports film list when I stopped it to watch The Sandlot. Do you think it's important to watch Righteous Kill before concluding this list? I had a spot for Stallone on this list but for a different film, but I have heard so much about Rhinestone I am seriously considering putting this list on hold until I watch it because I have never seen it.

I haven't seen Righteous Kill, but have never heard anything good about it. I try to include only films that I have seen but a couple of times, I have put a list on hold because a poster suggested a film should be on my list. I did it with my sports film list when I stopped it to watch The Sandlot. Do you think it's important to watch Righteous Kill before concluding this list?

Allow me to save you the time and torture of watching this piece of crap.

Trust me

Allow me to save you the time and torture of watching this piece of crap.

Trust me
What about Rhinestone? I'm seriously considering putting this list on hold until I watch Rhinestone.

Ryan O'Neal as Benson

Partners (1982)

O'Neal looks suitably embarrassed as a cop who goes undercover with a gay officer (John Hurt) who has a desk job to smoke out the murderer of a homosexual. With the exception of John Hurt, the rest of this film is pretty lame, especially O'Neal's performance, which is pretty much built on his pretty-boy looks.

Tyrese Gibson in Baby Boy (2001)

Gibson's good looks don't disguise his dismal performance in this pointless movie about a loser who has two children by two different women and still lives with his mother. I don't know which I hate worse, Gibson's performance or the character

Beyonce Knowles as Deena Jones

Dreamgirls (2006

Don't get me wrong...the woman definitely has pipes and she looks aboslutely breathtaking spread across a 50-foot screen, but the woman can't act her way out of a paper bag.