What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Monsters
The Last Excorcism
Tron: Legacy
Red Hill
Little Fockers
Megamind
Harry Potter 7
Narnia 3
Red
Devil

Been a While since last Post

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Court Jester
The Last Waltz
The Train
The Haunting
(1963)

I bought these because I rented them from that AntiChrist Blockbuster Online. I got 25% off the regular used price, but I watched them first to make sure they were primo. $21 for the four.

Double Indemnity
Last Life in the Universe
Happy Together
Takeshis
White Material
Dawn of the Dead
(BluRay)

Last one's a fantastic package, all sorts in there.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Picked up a few cheap DVDs today, all a couple of pounds.

Scent of a Woman - Bought because I've never seen it but seen clips that looked good and got a few friends who liked it
Riding in Cars with Boys - Bought just for Drew Barrymore.
October Sky - During one of my many insomnia riddled nights a few years back I put on the TV and stumbled across about 30 or so minutes of this. Always meant to track it down to see the whole thing but never got round to it until today.

Good boy! Well done!
I thought you would approve.

Assuming you've seen it any good? And even if it isn't is it still worth it for Drew?

I liked it, but it's adapted from a much loved book and had a bit of a rough time when it was released by those who loved the book. I liked it, Drew aside, and thought that Brittany Murphy puts in a good performance, too. I really like Lorraine Bracco and James Woods as the parents.

The People's Republic of Clogher

I had Smiley's People already so it seemed a shame not to own the first (and better) Alec Guinness Secret Service classic.

Just Received

I've been wanting to extend my exposure to Kurosawa and this set for just £8.95 seemed a great way to do it. It includes Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Just got it this morning

Recently Bought

A Matter of Life and Death - Watched it recently, remembered how awesome it is and had to get it. £3
Superman & Superman 2 special edition box set - Despite being a big fan of superhero films never actually seen either of these. So got it for that reason and that it was only £3 for both.

Just ordered

The King's Speech - Wasn't sure whether to get it right away or leave it a little while. My mind was made up however when I saw it on special offer for just £4.99!

I bought the SAW IV.

just added it on my collection.

I bought the SAW IV.

just added it on my collection.
I admire your stamina I couldn't stomach the first one

TRON: LEGACY. The first was mindblowing and the second improves on everything the first already succeeded in so well. Like a new OS, the new grid is flash, glitzy and look terrific. One of my favourite movies, thats why I bought the DVD.

I'd normally post a piccie of the case but this is the actual disc - Disc only, used copy, £5 on eBay for the BD (US edition but region free). Result!

Jaysus, why do US edition BD's have to have that blue stripe over everything? It's ugly and excessive marketing.

I'd normally post a piccie of the case but this is the actual disc - Disc only, used copy, £5 on eBay for the BD (US edition but region free). Result!
Wait - you didn't get the case with it? I LOVE that case. I love the slipcover. Too bad, Tac. 127 Hours is a very nice Blu, too.

As for the blue stripe... and by the way, I liked how you said "Jaysus"... that's never really bothered me, but I can see how it would be annoying.

I've got 9 or 10 US Blu Rays and none of them have a blu(e) stripe. 20th Century Fox ones, from all locales, however...

Sexy - I'm guessing the guy has bought a job lot of ex-rental discs because some of the other stuff he has for sale has 'for rental only' on them. All are without cases.

I've got 9 or 10 US Blu Rays and none of them have a blu(e) stripe. 20th Century Fox ones, from all locales, however...

Sexy - I'm guessing the guy has bought a job lot of ex-rental discs because some of the other stuff he has for sale has 'for rental only' on them. All are without cases.
Well, that's just nastiness. I wouldn't buy a movie without a case. I hope you got them super cheap.

By the way, the Alien movies have a green stripe instead of a blue stripe.

Tic Tac, we need to discuss Blu-rays again sometime.