new to the field...

Tools    

hi, i'm a new student filmmaker trying to get my career off the ground and i was advised to check out the online communities to seek help... hopefully i'll find the answers i need. i did a quick search and i found this new website, http://www.studentfilmmakers.com... can u guys tell me if this website is any good? the forums seem informative enough and theres a newsletter as well... should i sign up for it all?

thanks in advance

A system of cells interlinked
I would recommend THIS site actually. There is some number of members involved in filmmaking here on MoFo. Search around a bit as I think some of their films are posted as well.

Best o Luck

_S

My life isn't written very well.
Bring your ideas to Hollywood. Don't rely on websites to bring you closer to your dream. If you don't live in California, seek out the film commmunity that thrives in your community. Keep up your goal and sell, sell, sell! Ask Silver!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

hello and good luck with your aspirations........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Spawn of Mankind
I like this site. I am in the same position that you are alex. I was in school for a bit, but quit. I'm not cut out for it. I just finished my first short film and am writing 3 more now. They will all be completed around the end of summer. I don't know where to go in the Atlanta area to find a local film club or anything. I'd like to, though. Good luck!

Check out our first short film titled 'The Moviegoer!'

*SNIFF SNIFF* I think I smell some kind of processed meat... I could be wrong, but I doubt it.