The Elephant Man's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Excellent formatting Elephant dude. Also, as Delilah stated, your love of the medium really shines through..

Thanks man! Yeah I dont know why but maybe for the past year or so I've been watching soo many films. I go to the store and now its starting to get hard to find stuff that I haven't seen.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I know it's been a while but here we go again. And I will finally get to Parky's request for Elephant. Sorry for being so late.

Elephant

Director: Gus Vant Sant
Writing Credits: Gus van Sant

Plot:

Basically the whole movie is following 12 students around at school. At first you go around getting the feel of who they are and what kinda of part they play in school, weither there a nerd or a jock or just an all around cool guy. Suddenly things all change when a couple of students finally have taken enough from the school and plan on doing a school shooting. Don't worry I didn't spoil it for you, you find out in like the first 10 minutes.

My Two Cents:

This movie was short of brilliant, I fell in love with every aspect of this film in the first few minutes of it. Everything about this film fits perfectly. The way the students interact with each other how they pick on the less fortunate are prefectly portrayed in this film. When your on one person you may see another of the main actors in the shot but when you go back to that character you it over laps it to show you what they were doing at that one point in time, That kinda reminded me of Memento which I also loved. Then when it takes you into their lives further you can really see that what they show at school sometimes get bottled away inside. Then once your taking into the lives of the two students who do the shooting you can see what pushed them to do it and how easily a school shooting can be done. I mean ordering guns off the internet and then the delivery guy not asking for an adult to sign for it could possibly happen. This film really dives into the way alot of students really think about themselves and of other, at times you feel sorry for some of the characters plus at other times you just downright hate them. A few of my favorite characters from this film would be John which your introduced to first and Elias which is the guy everyone seems to get along with. I would recommened this film to anyone out there because to really understand what some kids go through in school is portrayed in this film.

8/10

Thanks for the review, it sounds interesting

For my next review I'm thinking either Leon, or Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. Which would you guys prefer?

Right on, okay I'll watch that tonight and probably be on tomorrow night to write the review or sometime tomorrow. Thats a good movie, I love it!

Wow, Its been a while hasn't it since I last was on this thread, It's probably not stickyed any more so thats a shame. If you could pop it up that would be appericiated cause tonight I'm going to watch "The Devils Rejects" and i'll have a review of that up Tomorrow somtime so everyone knows what their in for before renteing on Tuesday!

District B13
Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you focus too much time posting on what you are going to review instead of actually reviewing.

Just a comment, don't take it like me hating on you, I didn't mean it that way.

No I know what ya mean, That was a while ago though. But now I have some free time on my hands so its all good.

The Devil's Rejects

Directed By:
Rob Zombie

Writen By:
Rob Zombie

Starring:
Sid Haig
Bill Moseley
Sherri Moon Zombie
William Forsythe

The Devil's Rejects, the follow up sequel to Rob Zombie's first film "House of 1000 Corpses" Usually people say Sequel's can never top the first and original film but in the case of The Devil's Rejects that is a complete lie. Simply put this film was brilliant. I mean the way Rob improved so much from the first film is remarkable.

The film starts off a few months later than the first film and quickly puts you straight into the action of it. The first shot we see is a man draging a dead nude women through the forest by her ankle, The camera pans around and we see the late Matthew McGrory returning to his role as Tiny. We then see a bunch of cops storm the Firefly house and there is a huge gun battle between The Devil's Rejects and the Texas State Police. One thing that dissapointed me about the movie was not seeing Karen Black returning to her role as Mother Firefly that was a bit of a downer, Well returning to the gun battle a few of the family members (i.e Otis, and Baby) flee the scene and get away there goal now is to catch up with the oh so loveable Captain Spaulding. The movie follows two stories throughout the film, First of course Otis, Baby, and Captain Spaulding but then the other follows the path of Sheriff Wydell who is the cop who thinks he's the right hand of justice from the lord and his goal is to of course kill the Devil's Rejects. If you remember the name Wydell from the first film then thats good cause that comes into play in this film when we find out more on his story. The main plot of the film though is The Devil's Rejects trying to get away and Wydell trying to catch em, your typical Cops and Robbers scenario. But in fact it's so much more.

The acting in this film is great and you really get a feel for the way a serial killer may think. Of course we have an amazing preformance from Bill Moseley. He was good in the first one and he was great in this film aswell. And who could forget Sid Haig, his role in both these movies if one character thats so creepy but he has such a comedic way of putting it, One scene in this film that comes to mind is when his car runs out of gas so he tries to steal a car from a mother and her son and the scene with Sid and the child in the car has both the creepy side but you cant help but laugh as well. The one thing that really touched my heart though with this film was when the credits start rolling it said "In Loving Memory of Matthew McGrory" and the film even took it to the next level with one of the special features being a tribute to him. It was great seeing him again and in this film he may not have any lines but its a great role. Now one things I must touch on if your going to see it, It is not for the weak of stomach there are scene in this that are quiet gory and sadistic especially one of the deleted scenes with Dr. Satan and Rossario Dawson, I whont give it away but its full of blood. Now the last thing I must touch on in this review is the last 15-20 minutes, Its brilliant I wish I could go into detail with it but I dont want to give away any spoilers to you but all I will say the ending of this movie accompanied with the song they chose is perfect its one of the best movie endings I've seen in a long time. So come tuesday I hope all of you go out and rent yourself a copy of this movie or better yet go out and buy a copy cause I know thats exactlly what i'm going to do.

8.5/10

District B13
I guess Rob Zombie is the new Wes Craven then, but I don't like those type of movies, so whatever.

I still reccomend you see it, Its not your typical horror genre film.

Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire

Directed By:
Mike Newil

Screenplay:
Steven Kloves and J.K Rowling

Cast:
Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon, Robert Pattinson, Brendan Gleeson, Robbie Coltrane, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes

Well, Harry Potter is back and bigger than every in the new movie based on the fourth book in the Harry Potter series "Goblet of Fire." The movie strenches on for a time of 157 minutes. Thats quite long when you have a bunch of little children attending but for Harry Potter these kids would do anything. I managed to see this just this morning at the first showing and let me tell you I actually got in. The line up was fairly big but almost all got in the rest of the nights shows were sold out and on the news it was talking about how in Toronto all theatres are sold out as well for the rest of the weekend. On to the story I say.

Were throwen straight into the story with Harry having a dream that Voldermort is back! He wakes up with a throbing pain in his forehead but soon gathers himself together after being woken by Hermionie. To me I woulda liked to have seen the Dursleys in this but I guess they rather of fit in other things. Oh well. So we find Harry at Ron's house and suddenly their all whisked of to the Quidditch World Cup where we are introduced to Vicktor Krum (the seeker for the Bulgarian Quidditch team). The fun is all drawen to an end fast when someone conjures up the "Dark Mark" (Voldermorts let's say.. Calling Card). Lets skip a ahead a little shall we, Over at Hogwarts we find out that they will play host to the Triwizard Tournament which is a tournament with three people from three different schools competing for Eternal Glory and the Triwizard Cup. The people who end up getting chosen are Vicktor Krum (Yes, The seeker), Fleur Deleclour (Prolly spelt that wrong) and Cedric Diggory. But wait! The Goblet of Fire tosses out one more name and who's name may that be! Why it's young Harry Potters of course! These people must face three tasks to win and each one more dangerous than the other. I whont go into detail and spoil the rest for you.

My take on the movie though I thought it was really well done. Me being an huge fan of the books I was really pleased with it all and give thumbs up to Mike Newil for doing a good job with it. Some people said the acting was a little rusty but I think it was great for the characters and it all went together smoothly compared to Prisoner of Azkaban which I thought was a little choppy. It was great to see old faces from the first three films back like Haggrid and of course Professor Flitwick played by Warwick Davis. He finally had some more speaking parts which I was happy with. But the one role that really blew me away in this film was Ralph Finnes as Lord Voldermort. He pulled it off so well and it looked really creepy for a PG rated movie. Also kudos goes out to "Mad Eye" Moody, the character was well done but I myself didn't like the whole zoom thing with the eye, but that's just me. Also with the tasks that each had to do in the tournament in order from best to worst I would say the second task which was the underwater one was the best followed by the first of retriving the golden egg from a dragon (Which I think looked great, Kinda like a Reign of Fire thing to them) and in last place would be the maze which I thought lacked a real lot. It seemed too rushed and was missing alot from the book but still for a 2 hour and 37 minute movie I think they pulled it off amazingly. I myself cannot wait for Order of the Pheonix to come out i'm really anticipating to see Sirius again. I missed seeing him in this one. Except for the fire sequence which was okay. All in all though this is a great movie for both adults and kids so I tottaly reccomend anyone to go see it while you have a chance its not to be missed.

8/10

District B13
Hermione is growing up

Hermione is getting hot. Dont worry I'm not old and stuff so Its okay to say.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
Hermione is getting hot. Dont worry I'm not old and stuff so Its okay to say.
That's a great advantage to me. Being around her age. I can could scream "Hermione is sexy" in the movie theatre if I wanted to but, no. I am not going to do that. Lol. I'll just yell it on this forum. "Hermione is Sexy!!!" Ok. There I'm done.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza