The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I don't know what the consensus is on any given film on the site, haven't been here long enough. What I'm talking about is what I've heard growing up and that pool of people were very much of the opinion that [Pedator] 2 was better than the first. I'm the only one so far that I've met who thinks the first one's better. That's my experience and that's why I voted like I did.
Did you grow up next door to Danny Glover or Ruben Blades? I can't imagine anywhere else on planet earth that the Predator sequel is favored over the original.

But it's all good, Man. And welcome to MoFo, where the cool kids hang out.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Clazor, I'll bet you $20 that Predator 2 is not in the top ten. I don't like to bet money, but this isn't a gamble.
Not gonna take that bet, that's for sure, not after this reception of it. To be frank, I'll be happy if it doesn't show up. Would rather that somthing like the first Mission Impossible or Eraser took that place.

No big deal for me either i was just telling you it won't because it won't. It's a bit surprising to me that people you know prefer the second one but things like that do seem to happen, growing up Rambo 2 was more popular than First Blood among my friends which is clearly not the case overall so i get that. Outside of your own personal experiences though Predator is definitely the more popular of the two overall.
Good. I'm happy it is.

Pretty sure these ten that Iro posted are the top ten, the ones you had except swapping Predator 2 for Raiders:

Predator
The Terminator
Terminator 2
Mad Max: Fury Road
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Matrix
Die Hard
The Dark Knight
Aliens
Kill Bill Vol. 1

Did you grow up next door to Danny Glover or Ruben Blades? I can't imagine anywhere else on planet earth that the Predator sequel is favored over the original.
Yeah, allways thought it odd that Danny Glover would rent that dingy two story house three doors down from me. However, he did mix a proper lemonade.

But it's all good, Man. And welcome to MoFo, where the cool kids hang out.
Thank you

Okay, this is my list so far... I'll wait with the reveal of my other entries even though a lot of them has no chance what so ever to make it now...

1. maybe number one, definitely top three
2. definitely top five, maybe top three
3. Minority Report honorable mention
4. The Raid 2: Barandal #38
5. The Bourne Ultimatum #92
6. Crank honorable mention
7. M:I – Ghost Protocol #47
8. M:I:III honorable mention
9. The Rock #32
10. Fast Five honorable mention
11. nope, guilty pleasure-ish
12. nope
13. Die Hard with a Vengeance #74
14. Speed #30
15. nope
16. Face/Off #40
17. Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusade #39
18. not gonna happen, a shame
19. The Legend of Drunken Master honorable mention
20. Spider-Man 2 #82
21. not gonna happen...
22. Captain America: The Winter Soldier honorable mention
23. Con Air #18
24. one entry in this franchise already made it and it wasn't this one...
25. Children of Men one-pointer

10 Unhelpful Hints:

#10, #5, and #3 are the 3 oldest movies remaining, but not in that order.

#9 has only 3 points less than #8.

#8 is the only movie with a 1-point nomination and fewer nominations than the movie before it.

7 of the Top 10 were released prior to the year 2000.

#6 and #7 have an equal number of nominations.

#5 has the most 25-point nominations.

4 of the Top 10 movies have "The" in the title, but none are in the Top 4.

#3, #7, #9, and #10 do not have any 25-point nominations.

2 pairs of movies in the Top 10 share franchises.

#1 has never left first place since it got there.

BraedenG33 and Sedai
were the only ones to nominate
All Top 10.

teeter_g and Captain Steel
were the only ones not to nominate any of
The Top 10.

haha. Changing my prediction with that knowledge, not gonna try to work it all out but there's one change i have to make

01.Die Hard
02.Terminator 2
03.Aliens
04.Mad Max: Fury Road
05.The Dark Knight
06.The Matrix
07.The Terminator
08.Raiders of the Lost Ark
09.Predator
10.Kill Bill Vol. 1

Same here. Matrix goes bye-bye from top 4. Also losing Predator 2, gladly, and putting in raiders in it's place.

10 Mad Max: Fury Road
9 The Dark Knight
8 Kill Bill Vol 1
7 The Matrix
6 Raiders of the lost arc
5 Terminator
4 Predator
3 Terminator 2
2 Aliens
1 Die Hard

I'm super surprised Speed was so low. I thought it would hit the sweet spot between old-enough-everyone-has-seen-it, but new-enough-it-still-excites people. That and it's one of the purest action movies you'll ever seen, and it holds up pretty well. Whoops!
I think it's pretty obvious by this point what my number 1 is.

I think it deserves the top spot for being that sort of non-stop action movie, and when I think about it, the first movie that comes to mind besides it is Speed.

I think it's pretty obvious by this point what my number 1 is.

I think it deserves the top spot for being that sort of non-stop action movie, and when I think about it, the first movie that comes to mind besides it is Speed.
Seeing as he allready knows the ranking, is this a slip of the tounge, or is he just stating an opinion? What do you think people?

My List: 11
Seen: 79/90

The Road Warrior was my number 8. At one time it was my all time favorite movie. It gave me my love of post apocalyptic fiction, pretty much gave the template for a lot of post apocalyptic movies and video games, and is still one of the best sci fi action movies ever made.

I actually did not vote for Seven Samurai. Now the movie has FANTASTIC action elements, I considered it more of an epic then anything else. Hence why I did not vote for any of the LOTR movies, Ben-Hur, etc. Or movie I love that do have action scenes in them, but just never felt like action movies like Taxi Driver, Blade Runner, or Heat. But I am very happy it got the love it did regardless.

I look forward to the top 10. I should have 6 out of the next 10 on my list.

1. Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
5. The Avengers
6. Dirty Harry
8. The Road Warrior
9. Desperado
13. Mad Max
14. Lethal Weapon
15. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
21. Demolition Man
22. The Raid: Redemption
23. Escape from New York[/quote]

23. Die Hard With A Vengeance - 74th
19. Independence Day - 72nd
16. Lethal Weapon - 16th
15. Lethal Weapon 2 - 83rd
13. The Expendables 3 - Honorable Mention 70-66
08. Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope - 17th
07. Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back - 15th
06. Star Wars Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi - Honorable Mention 45-41
05. Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens - Honorable Mention 35-31
04. Starship Troopers - 75th
03. Dredd (2012) - 41st
02. Total Recall (1990) - 25th
01. Robocop - 19th

My #1 movie.

What is it with my #1 movies taking 11th place? I just remembered what my #1 '80s Countdown movie was -- Aliens. Also got #11.

I was gonna say -- if not one Rambo movie makes this list, the whole thing is pure sh*t. Worse than the '90s Countdown, even, for committing such a sin. Am I at a Satanist Convention?

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Rambo: First Blood Part II didn't make the list (it didn't, right?), but figures, considering this mediocre crowd.

And the fact that Mad Max: Fury Road is in the Top 10? With a possibility of being #1? Again, figures, but beyond major yuck, to put it extremely lightly. In fact, there's no light at all.

My #1 movie.

What is it with my #1 movies taking 11th place? I just remembered what my #1 '80s Countdown movie was -- Aliens. Also got #11.

I was gonna say -- if not one Rambo movie makes this list, the whole thing is pure sh*t. Worse than the '90s Countdown, even, for committing such a sin. Am I at a Satanist Convention?

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Rambo: First Blood Part II didn't make the list (it didn't, right?), but figures, considering this mediocre crowd.
It's gotta have Rambo in the title?