Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Some of the action was too fast to process. I would've liked to have seen more action from some of the other Spider-people, especially Spider-Ham.
Otherwise, really good. Excellent animation.
I'd like to see a stand-alone Miles Morales movie.
Ditto on the first point but I guess it works in the film’s favor. I’d like to see it in theaters again soon.

I actually thought all Spider-people/animal got a solid moment to shine, in and/or out of action, except for Peni Parker. Ham’s “I frolic and I dance and I do this with my pants” got one of the biggest laughs from me in a long while, so that’s a satisfactory use of the character in my opinion.

WARNING: spoilers below
The fight at Aunt May’s house blows most other action set-pieces from this year and a few others back right out of the water.

“I was cured, all right!”

Horse***t

★★★
Okay spider movie.

A hell of a bad movie.

★★★★
Romance in the middle of a disaster.

★★★★
Friedkin at his best.

★★★★
Very uncomfortable movie. Really liked how Scorsese worked with frustration.

★★★★
Another Scorsese. This time, a real comedy. One of my favorite comedy movies, actually.

Unregistered User
Philosophy of a Knife (2008)

I'm not sure how many of you would be interested in watching a 4 and a half hour film with an IMDb rating of 4.8, but that's exactly what I did. Everywhere I can find, including the Netflix queue, gives the movie a runtime of 4 hours and 9 minutes, but I must be the lucky one. I'm surprised Netflix even has anything to do with this. The movie seems to be partly a Shoah wannabe, and like the equally disturbing Men Behind the Sun, it's about the atrocities committed by Japanese unit 731 during World War II. It's filmed like a documentary, with real footage and interviews, but make no mistake this is an extreme gore film, and one of the most depraved you'll ever hear of. There are so many horrible horrible things in this movie, too many to list. One example; a woman has a big cockroach shoved up her vag. It's sewn shut and then some time later the skin on her face and head is peeled back, while she's alive, so the cockroach can get out. This is all shown in the most graphic detail you can imagine. There can't be many people who would want to sit through this with it's combination of length and content. It's a hard movie to rate, but I at least found it to be a very compelling experience.

Sounds good. I'll give it a go if I can find it.

THE OLD MAN & THE GUN
(2018)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

[center]Shadow of the Vampire (2000)
The ending is really something else. The movie really doesn’t earn that sudden turn so it may come off as laughable but I was entranced.

The Ninth Gate (1999)

Pretty interesting occult mystery that feels unpolished. Misses quite a bit of its potential but is still somewhat good.

A while since I came across it but wholeheartedly agree with your rating.

I don't know if A League of Their Own is a perfect movie but it's damn near close
It's a perfect 5 star movie for me. Tom Hanks should have been nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar that year for his performance. He stole the movie from all the lead actresses.

It's a perfect 5 star movie for me. Tom Hanks should have been nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar that year for his performance. He stole the movie from all the lead actresses.

One of the things that I love about this film that Penny Marshall got right and a number of these female remakes have gotten wrong is is that the male actors aren't just foils for the women. This is a film that attempts to find humor and humanity with everyone and by doing so it makes a much stronger statement towards female empowerment.

That’s not a great reading. I think the correct descendant of “League” would be something like GLOW or even Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

That’s not a great reading. I think the correct descendant of “League” would be something like GLOW or even Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

I think it's very interesting that while I was discussing movies your analogy went towards television. Another way of putting it is A League of Their Own is able to do in a fraction of the time what a television show needs a season to.

Uh, yeah. Sure. If that’s what you want take away from the comment, i don’t disagree.

7/10. Quite a unique movie. A story about greed. The CGI in places is bit choppy, but the story is wonderfully crafted.

Rather strange movie from Iceland. Loved the horses.

Re-watch. Excellent movie. David Pattinson & Julianne Moore having a quickie in the back of a limo was priceless.