Anatomy of a Fall (2023) — Justine Triet

Tools    

3. Yeah I'm not talking about your personality, I'm answering the accusations that are being thrown at me, I'm hearing that I'm angry, embarrassed, ignorant and wrong. Some might say I'm being insulted Once again...not sure why I'm more interesting to you than the movie.
You're getting stuff thrown at you because you've said the film is a 'cast of no names', is 'hollywood', is 'gender swapped' from a documentary and is 'homophobic'. You've got to expect a response to those rather inflammatory statements.

I've seen the original Staircase documentary on it's release a few years ago, it was quite good as I recall.

Anatomy of a Fall is a film. It's fiction. It's not a recreation or a documentary or a biopic. I didn't even make the connection between the two projects. As for the film being homophobic becase of gender swapping....that's hilarious. The sexuality of the main character is clearly a plot point to move the film on and focus on the jealousy of the husband. Yes she could have been straight and cheated on him, but just because she wasn't - it's homophobic? What? It's called writing.

And then you've gone and said:

You people get offended by the dumbest things

Really?

Just as an aside - the director of this film is a prominent member of French gender equality group' Collectif 50/50', Netflix is also a partner. https://collectif5050.com/en/our-partners/

I mean do you seriously expect no film or tv show to ever reference a mysterious death on a staircase ever again or something?

I mean do you seriously expect no film or tv show to ever reference a mysterious death on a staircase ever again or something?

If this film were submitted as a college paper...it would be thrown out for plagiarism. You have no less than six very clear ties between The Staircase and this film.

If this film were submitted as a college paper...it would be thrown out for plagiarism. You have no less than six very clear ties between The Staircase and this film.
Then Jaws should also suffer the same fate for copying The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

And Star Wars for copying The Hidden Fortress.

Basically all copies of all films should be burnt until we are left with the Lumiere brothers and Nanook of the North.

Then Jaws should also suffer the same fate for copying The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

And Star Wars for copying The Hidden Fortress.

Basically all copies of all films should be burnt until we are left with the Lumiere brothers and Nanook of the North.

I would say this movie was as good as Star Wars.

But Jaws and Creature from the Black Lagoon those films are totally different

The trick is not minding
Earliest example of a film I can think of where a man covers up his wife’s murder with an accidental fall is Siodmak’s The Suspect. Sans trial, however.

That was….1944 I think?

Edit: yep, 1944. Just double checked.
Anyways, this was mostly for my own curiosity.

I just finished watching it. I enjoyed it for the most parts, though I was surprised by the French justice system. I'm assuming cinematic liberties were taken there, & it's not so melodramatic in real world.

The dialogues or rather the conversations are wonderfully written. All actors were excellent, but the little boy & the dog were more amazing.

The boy's reaction to the verdict will stay with me for a long time.

What would you say was the best one then?
Zelda Samson's devastating performance in 'Love according to Dalva'

[Released March 2023]

I think you'd like it, if you haven't seen it already. You might need a glass of wine with it though, it's not a Saturday night feelgood flick. But it is terrific.

[Released March 2023]

I think you'd like it, if you haven't seen it already. You might need a glass of wine with it though, it's not a Saturday night feelgood flick. But it is terrific.

Thanks for that, this has fallen under my radar. Will sure pair with a glass of wine — I’m not much of a Saturday night feelgood flick person anyway, unless it’s a guilty pleasure like Big.

Thanks for that, this has fallen under my radar. Will sure pair with a glass of wine — I’m not much of a Saturday night feelgood flick person anyway, unless it’s a guilty pleasure like Big.
Be sure to let me know what you think of it!

The trick is not minding

[Released March 2023]

Just looked this film up and saw it never got a release in the states. Go figure. This seems like a movie I would have gone to see if it had been given a proper release.

Just looked this film up and saw it never got a release in the states. Go figure. This seems like a movie I would have gone to see if it had been given a proper release.
Yeah I think pretty much 90% of people who have seen it have obtained it by 'other means'.

It's an absolute travesty films as good as this don't get a wider release.

Yeah I think pretty much 90% of people who have seen it have obtained it by 'other means'.

I have it in my watchlist, but just realized it’s not released for streaming yet. Annoying, but it might happen.

I have it in my watchlist, but just realized it’s not released for streaming yet. Annoying, but it might happen.
I think BFI or something on Prime will have it. You can always just take out a trial.

Edit: from what I can see, you can already preorder it on Prime.

The trick is not minding

Takoma and I were just talking about that last week. So many films that either aren’t shown in our area or aren’t given a very long release schedule. Too many are pulled after only a few weeks.

I think BFI or something on Prime will have it. You can always just take out a trial.

Edit: from what I can see, you can already preorder it on Prime.
I think we’re talking about different movies. Love According to Dalva is unavailable for streaming yet.

It seems the house where the movie was filmed can be rented from €90 a night