4.Kill Bill: Vol 1
5.X2: X-men United

Originally Posted by What About John
1.Mystic River
2.American Splendor
3.The Matrix Revolutins
4.Kill Bill: Vol 1
5.X2: X-men United
Seems like alot of people liked kill bill. I happened to like Xmen 2 bein a comic book fan and all. Also 28 days later was good i thought. Any reason why kill bill was so good?

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by unearth
Seems like alot of people liked kill bill. I happened to like Xmen 2 bein a comic book fan and all. Also 28 days later was good i thought. Any reason why kill bill was so good?

Tarantino baby

I need a slight edit to the list here....

1. X2 (watched it again, I just LOVE this movie and these characters)
2. Once Upon a Time in Mexico
3. Adaptation
4. Kill Bill
5. Matrix Revs

Adaptation had to go on as it was very original with a great script.

Cheers

IM me. Ni!
i never saw kill bill doesnt seem like my kinda movie....

and
please go to www.john-lennon.com/petition and sign

Originally Posted by Nirvana9641
i never saw kill bill doesnt seem like my kinda movie....
Ya thats exactly what i thought. when i first saw the previews i thought it was another corny martial arts/ charlies angels type thing. but then i saw tarantinos name on it so im gonna check it out. eventually lol

Kill Bill was corny, but intentionally so, which is why it was such a fun movie to watch.

My time at Kill Bill was either spent laughing incredulously or staring at the screen in awe. Simply put, it was a blast of a movie. I don't know wheter it would make my top ten or not, but I was thoroughly entertained.

Well, though I still have a lot to see, this is how my list is looking at the end of the calendar year:

01. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
02. Kill Bill Vol. 1
03. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
04. Japanese Story
05. Love Actually

A system of cells interlinked
As I see more films from this year, the list changes...

1 Return of The King
2 X2
3 Adaptaion
4 Once upon a time in Mexico
5 Pirates of the Carribbean

Hey, my top five are...

5) X2

4) The Last Samurai

3) Pirates of the Caribbean

2) The Matrix Reloaded

1) Lord of the Rings Return of the King

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by unearth
Ya thats exactly what i thought. when i first saw the previews i thought it was another corny martial arts/ charlies angels type thing. but then i saw tarantinos name on it so im gonna check it out. eventually lol
It is almost painful hearing Kill Bill and Charlie's Angels uttered in the same sentence...much less comparing them. Kill Bill is a masterpiece, and it is my pick for best movie of the year.

Why, you may ask "why is it so good?" I'm glad you asked me that question. Aside from being the most entertainingly brutal movie I've seen in the theaters ever, it is 100% Quentin Tarantino goodness. You have his signature signature style and writing to be at awe at, and he has written some beautiful fight scenes. Unlike movies like Charlie's Angels (I'm still broken up about the comparison), the fights are incredible in a good way, they are well staged, elaborate, funny, horrific, and, best of all, almost entirely done without the help of computers. This here is the most intense movie I've ever seen...the character development is strangely good for a movie with almost no plot, there are wonderful references to classic Kung Fu movies (this is a tribute to them by the way). This movie is so beautiful, so horrific, so action filled...you'd have to see it before you can understand. If you like action or revenge movies at all, you need to see it.

Bring on Volume 2!!!

allright...my top 5 of 2003

05) Freddy vs Jason (yeah chessy plot and some terrible dialouge but it was just fun as hell to watch)

04) American Wedding ( stifler owned in this movie some of the gags and jokes were funny as hell)

03) The Matrix Revoloutions (yeah...so many people bitched about this because it wasnt what people expected butit was unconventional and made you think plus the effects were amazing)

02) Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines (was it as good as the others...no but the 1st movie remeber watching was t2 wen i was 4.. i was waitng for this movie for 12 years and the fight scenes and the car chase was the best ive seen plus ithought the ending was a great twist on how people expect things to end happy)

01) Kill Bill vol-1 (what can i say tarentinos a god this movie was brilliant and the ending was great i am counting the das till vol-2)

Biggest Dissapointment- no kevin smith movie this year again...jersey girl cant come out fast enough

Biggest suprise how ****ty pretty much everything ben affleck did was this year...daredevil sucked besides jennifer garner being so hott i dont even wanna think about gili and i havent seen paycheck but it looks like a knockoff of the bourne identity...i used 2 think he was a great actor in movies like chasing amy and one of my favorites good will hunting...what a ****ty turn his career took he doesnt even have j.lo any more...he sold out and it turned out bad oh well... he can redeem him self with jersey girl but if he ****s it up i will b pissed

hah...1st post didnt know it would block out bad words...ill try to be more polite

IM me. Ni!
Originally Posted by xendisnearx

Biggest suprise how ****ty pretty much everything ben affleck did was this year...daredevil sucked besides jennifer garner being so hott i dont even wanna think about gili and i havent seen paycheck but it looks like a knockoff of the bourne identity...i used 2 think he was a great actor in movies like chasing amy and one of my favorites good will hunting...what a ****ty turn his career took he doesnt even have j.lo any more...he sold out and it turned out bad oh well... he can redeem him self with jersey girl but if he ****s it up i will b pissed
my brother said paycheck wasnt that good

Okay, top 5 of the year. . .

Mystic River: One of my favorite movies of all time. The acting couldn't be better, and the plot kicks butt, and the ending was kinda shocking, yet in a way, awesome.

Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King: After reading the books four times, (being only 14 I feel like I've accomplished something) this movie gave me more things to complain about, but it's still my favorite of the trilogy. A tie w/ Mystic River.

Pirates of the Caribbean: This is one kick butt movie. Johnny Depp is the man. I can't say the same about Orlando Bloom, but Geoffery Rush makes up for it. One of my favorites ever. . .the movie that is.

Identity: I don't see how people could know the ending before it happened, I mean c'mon it wasn't that obvious! Anyway, I love this movie, not because of the surprise ending, but it was a good movie all around. Nuff' said.

School of Rock: Don't get me wrong I love this movie, I just am drawing a blank on the great movies of this year, but I'll think of something better. Nonetheless, I love the movie School of Rock though. One of Jack Black's best movies. High Fidelity is is best though.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I must become Caligari..!
My near final list of films (Aus Realese dates),

Once i see Raising Victor Vargas, Good bye, Lenin!, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and In the Cut i can make my final dissison

Runners Up: Buffalo Soldiers, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Intolerable Cruelty, Gangs of New York, Ned Kelly and Elf

5. Lost in Translation

4. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

3. American Splendor

2. Mystic River

1. 25th Hour
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

25th Hour was released in 2002.
Not in Australia, sure, but still. Follow the IMDb.

It shall show us the way.

I must become Caligari..!
If i did that way, it could take up to 2 years to get a accurite list

Hey my top five are

5) Cant think of a fifth!

4) X2: I thought X2 was a good movie. I have always been an X-men fan. However, I thought the first X-men was better.

3) Master and Commander: Very good, interesting plot. Good action. Very enjoyable movie.

3) Kill Bill Vol. 1: Just plain fun and enjoyable. Looking forward to KIll Bill Vol. 2 alot.

2) Pirates of the Caribbean: The best Disney movie in awhile, maybe even ever!

1) Return of the King: I have always loved the LOTR movies. Return of the King lived up to every standard I set for it, and it was the best in the trilogy.

1- kill bill
2- mystic river
3- last samurai
4- matrix reloaded
5- 25th hour