Favourite or best biscuit?

Tools    

Tell you what gets on my nerves, pies with no bottom. How is that a pie? Very disappointing when you go somewhere and order meat pie and it comes with the meat in a dish and a pie lid balanced on top...that is not PIE!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Pomeranians. I am a dog snob - must use correct name. eg Dachshund, not weiner dog.

Pom - prisoner of her majesty, or goes red like a pomegranate in the sun. Or Limey but limey is probably rude. Pom is a term of endearment much like Yank. Still, not something I would say in polite society., or to Christine. Christine is an english rose.

Tell you what gets on my nerves, pies with no bottom. How is that a pie? Very disappointing when you go somewhere and order meat pie and it comes with the meat in a dish and a pie lid balanced on top...that is not PIE!
I think we call that a pot pie or country pie. Can't remember. Might even be called something else.

What's the difference between a pie and a cobbler (and BCS fans, please do not go there. I'm still traumatised)

Pomeranians. I am a dog snob - must use correct name. eg Dachshund, not weiner dog.

Pom - prisoner of her majesty, or goes red like a pomegranate in the sun. Or Limey but limey is probably rude. Pom is a term of endearment much like Yank. Still, not something I would say in polite society., or to Christine. Christine is an english rose.
Haha! Dunno about that!

What's the difference between a pie and a cobbler (and BCS fans, please do not go there. I'm still traumatised)
Pie has pastry on top, shortcrust or puff. Cobbler has scones on top

Never had lardy cake where I came from. Eccles cakes, yes.
We had Eccles cakes too. Currants, IIRC. Delish.

ARN-tee

Barth.

Depends if you're southern or northern. Long vowels or short uns!
Long vowels rule.

Where does Midlands fit into this?
Ask @Stirchley. They'm got their own funny talking there
Oi. Never had a Brum accent, thank God. Americans tell me I have a beautiful voice even after living here 40 years.

There is also the opposite. The pie with a bottom, but no lid. Or no more than a lattice lid.

Ohhh. What about the Hoboken Squat Cobbler? You're probably too polite to know what that is, Christine. And look, I just went there when I said don't go there.

Boomeranging back to what we were saying several hours ago, here we would say a cobbler has biscuits on top. In actual fact, a cobbler does not have to have regularly shaped biscuits on top. The dough can be placed all over the filling or even dropped on top of it in small pieces. A cobbler shouldn't be fancy.

What's the difference between a hash brown

and a rosti

This came up (ha. I see what I did there) in bananabox recently.

Thong or thong?

This is a thong in australia (work safe)

One more

egg roll

or spring roll

Second one for here.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
ok. Those damned shoes, we call'em flip-flops. PERIOD. Thongs are basically pirate eye patches with a thin string that some women wear to ...well. I'm not sure if "wear" is the correct word here. It's more like butt floss. But yeah.

We consider egg rolls to be the heavier, dense, fried meat- (usually pork) and cabbage-filled tube things.

We reserve "spring" roll for the lighter, more delicate fru-fru tubey things. These may just be vegie-filled. They come lightly fried, baked, or simply wrapped in rice paper.

So. Yes. hulky fried things. Or not so hulky or fried things.

ugh. I am disturbed at mentioning thongs and fried tubey things in the same reply.

ok. Those damned shoes, we call'em flip-flops. PERIOD. Thongs are basically pirate eye patches with a thin string that some women wear to ...well. I'm not sure if "wear" is the correct word here. It's more like butt floss. But yeah.

We consider egg rolls to be the heavier, dense, fried meat- (usually pork) and cabbage-filled tube things.

We reserve "spring" roll for the lighter, more delicate fru-fru tubey things. These may just be vegie-filled. They come lightly fried, baked, or simply wrapped in rice paper.

So. Yes. hulky fried things. Or not so hulky or fried things.

ugh. I am disturbed at mentioning thongs and fried tubey things in the same reply.
The Vietnamese spring rolls you mention here are called fresh rolls. Chunkier spring rolls like yours here are called chiko rolls which are not Asian. I have nfi what they are other than pretty disgusting and you'd have to be drunk to eat one. Much bigger than your egg roll. Will post a photo when I get home. Your thong here aka anal floss, is called a g string. I have no idea why.

LOL this is the chiko roll. Australia's contribution to international cuisine along with the roadkill posted earlier about pies. Ghastly stuff

And this was the marketing. Classy stuff. Looks like a giant condom with a serious case of

OK let's not go there

Not sure if these qualify but I like these: