How to fight the system?

Tools    

Let's face it - modern media does influence people subliminally.

I'm not one to believe in actual conspiracy, but it does happen on a case-by-case basis.

Commercials try to sell you stuff you don't need, and spend too much time watching TV you'll subliminally start to want things which you were content without until you realized that "other people had them".

People, especially impressionable young people also do "mirror" those they're around subconsciously - and they'll likewise mirror and identify with the negative characteristics of the media unless they have a good alternative role model.

It's almost impossible to avoid the indoctrination in the media without just living in a bunker, and no one wants to take that route.

So how do you fight the system and prevent your heritage, and your identity from being washed away in a slew of modern materialism and nihlism? From "Extenze commercials", to bad sitcoms, to Reddit posts? Us young guys have it harder than our forefathers who had the luxury of being much further distanced from the media which we now take for granted.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Blowing my own trumpet, I'm one of the most individual people I know.
I do what I like to do, and what I'm comfortable with.
I don't bow or bend to fashion, I wear what I feel comfortable with, watch movies I like and don't care what people think.

An example would be movies I don't like too. A lot of people on MoFo for instance, will immediately jump on liking 2001, or A Clockwork Orange... I won't. Because I don't like those movies.

I don't watch Game Of Thrones, because I didn't like it. Yet everyone I know, everyone, says it's fantastic, the best thing ever made.
I thought it was gash to be brutally honest.

To fight the system, so to speak, do what I do.

Don't watch the news, make up your own mind, if it feels comfortable then do it.
If what you do feels comfortable, yet happens to be the same as someone else, then it's not being "part of the system", it's just that you share taste.
But doing what feels comfortable, what feels right to you, for you, then you may just realise something about yourself that you didn't know before... and before you know it, everyone else will notice it too and it'll make you just a little more "stand-out" amongst the crowd.

Blowing my own trumpet, I'm one of the most individual people I know.
I do what I like to do, and what I'm comfortable with.
I don't bow or bend to fashion, I wear what I feel comfortable with, watch movies I like and don't care what people think.

An example would be movies I don't like too. A lot of people on MoFo for instance, will immediately jump on liking 2001, or A Clockwork Orange... I won't. Because I don't like those movies.

I don't watch Game Of Thrones, because I didn't like it. Yet everyone I know, everyone, says it's fantastic, the best thing ever made.
I thought it was gash to be brutally honest.

To fight the system, so to speak, do what I do.

Don't watch the news, make up your own mind, if it feels comfortable then do it.
If what you do feels comfortable, yet happens to be the same as someone else, then it's not being "part of the system", it's just that you share taste.
But doing what feels comfortable, what feels right to you, for you, then you may just realise something about yourself that you didn't know before... and before you know it, everyone else will notice it too and it'll make you just a little more "stand-out" amongst the crowd.
I agree with everything but the news thing, I mean if you don't want to watch them, then okay. But news are just news, they're not trying to sell you anything (most of the time), many times I've found myself out of place for not watching the news while something happened. When that plane dissappeared last year I only heard about it weeks after when my brother was trying to discuss it with me.

People always try to be like everyone else, they want to be normal, to have the shiny things their friends have. And that's okay, if you got the time and the money it's okay to get what other people have and to be like they are. If that makes you happy, that's it. My advice would be, take some time to find who you are, do different things until you find what you are passionate about. And when you do, base your life on it. The way to be happy is to get to know who you are as an individual and find what you love doing. Not what others love doing. If you base your life on other people's expectations you might be content, but not happy. Up to you if you want to be content with your life or love everyday of it.

Society have very few rules really, to get the stuff you need you need to work. To get stuff that is out of your hand you need contacts, therebefore you need to socialize.

Social and work is what society asks out of you, then the free time is to find who you are and what are your personal interests.

At least that's how I see it, but ugh I'm 21, I mean it's not like I know a lot about life yet.

I agree with everything but the news thing, I mean if you don't want to watch them, then okay. But news are just news, they're not trying to sell you anything (most of the time), many times I've found myself out of place for not watching the news while something happened. When that plane dissappeared last year I only heard about it weeks after when my brother was trying to discuss it with me.
Much of the news is negative propaganda though and I believe has a degenerative effect on society.

You can't even go to any news website without reading a headline about a murder here, a rape there - but you don't hear about the millions of people each day who got up in the morning and didn't go out and kill or rape someone.

Spend too much time reading the tabloid trash news and you'll turn into a misanthrope or a nihilist.

Much of the news is negative propaganda though and I believe has a degenerative effect on society.

You can't even go to any news website without reading a headline about a murder here, a rape there - but you don't hear about the millions of people each day who got up in the morning and didn't go out and kill or rape someone.

Spend too much time reading the tabloid trash news and you'll turn into a misanthrope or a nihilist.
Yeah agreed, that's exactly why I don't read or watch the news, but there is a downside to it like I said, you have no idea what's going on. I didn't even know about 9/11 until years after, I think you should always find a balanced way of life. You don't need to watch the news 24/7, but from time to time it's okay to read a resumen. Same happens with other things like work, don't need to work 15 hours a day, or insolate yourself in home all day. A balanced life is a good one. Sorry going off track here

I have no idea, I live in europe, I had no phone and was all day in home. Still it's weird I know. xD

That's why I don't watch the news.
It's not only negative, but also panic mongering to sell papers and get viewers.

They make relatively important things overly fantastical to get your attention.

Weather reports are the same.
Every year there's headlines saying "Worst Winter In History On Its Way, We Are All Going To Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yet the worst it gets is a bit of dew on the grass in the morning.

Yet, and this is perfect for this thread.... that dew on the grass is enough to shut schools and stop all public transport... BECAUSE PEOPLE THINK DEW ON THE GRASS IS THE END OF THE WORLD BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED THE PANIC MONGERING WEATHER REPORT YESTERDAY

Master of My Domain
Kinda true, but it's actually trying to shape the society into a "better" way - by showing constant news of murder, rape and war, it makes people believe in the virtue of the various rich goons that rule over them. Now that's some good ol' propaganda there.

And yeah I rarely watch TV news. Crappy reality TV shows are less harmful.

Yeah, I'm sick of hearing 'worst flu season ever!!!!', every year.

My suggestion, in addition to the ones above, is to educate yourself. Read. Learn about the world around you and how to think critically.

Stop being paranoid? It's really easy to overthink this one. You can do whatever you want and nobody cares. The government is not exterminating people who dont watch TV, and the fact that hundreds of millions do should tell you that selling you a dumb product and "washing away your heritage" are very far removed from each other. There is no power to fight, but if you want to feel like you've actually accomplished something, the state of knowing what subliminal advertising is and how it's used already makes it not subliminal, so you beat that and didn't even need to buy a tin foil hat to do it.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Really simple solution, work more. Lack of productivity leads to a bunch of these issues.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Media has a business bias. It's mostly gossip.

The best way to do anything is to be your own person. Don't trade your individuality for a group.