The King's reviews

→ in
Tools    

The King of Movies
The Dark Knight

Think back to a couple of months a go when this movie was everywere, well once it gets out on DVD the hype will start all over again just so the producers can make another 72 trillion dollars. So i thought i might as well write a review on this film before the hype restarts.

The movie was OK. Not great, not ***** either but OK. IMO the film is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over rated. Just because it has some cool effects and a good performance by Heath Ledger it does not make this movie better than Jesus having a beer with John Lennon and Martin Luther King while singing with Elvis in Hawaii during the first days of world peace... or anything else that awesome for that matter.

Some high points of the film were the start scene with the bank robery, Ledger's performance (obviously) and some of the effects.

Low points? Well other than the kinda boring plot there was nothing realy that bad with it. But there was nothing reallllly that good about it either.

The hype convinved people that this film would be good. The Dark Knight was some people's favourtie movie days before they had even seen it. Thats how extreme the hype was.

DK is alot like a medicine that does not work but is maketed to convince people that it works real well and when people do try it they get the idea that this "medince" works even though it obviously does not. People would be watching the movie and because they heard so much good things about the film a normally average scene that would either looked upon as crap in a low rated film or avergage in an average rated film would be looked upon as a kick ass scene in DK.

The movie also went for three hours which is a b!tch. But it was still a bit fun and i give it 3/5.

The 6th Day

This action movie staring Swazernagger is pretty crap to be honest. I just could not get into it for what ever reason. Probaly the main reason was, was the plot.

The plot in this film was so confusing that i lost all sense of what was happening half way through the movie. It had something to do with clones but it lost me at that. This movie is a prime example of how action movies turn crap after a their once simple plot turns confusing as hell. For example you know those movies were there is a ***** load of fighting and action that gets you all pumped, then all of a sudden the bad guys start talking quietly about something and you miss what they were saying and then the rest of the friggin movie does not make sense, well this exacly was the case for the 6th Day.

The action also was pretty crap as it was not the normall Arni style action. So i give this movie 2/5.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
How come you fail to mention Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Micheal Caine, hell even Christian Freakin' Bale! All you can basically say was that it was boring, it was apparently a one-man show starring Heath Ledger, and was too long. The rest was just dribble.

The Dark Knight

Think back to a couple of months a go when this movie was everywere, well once it gets out on DVD the hype will start all over again just so the producers can make another 72 trillion dollars. So i thought i might as well write a review on this film before the hype restarts.

The movie was OK. Not great, not ***** either but OK. IMO the film is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over rated. Just because it has some cool effects and a good performance by Heath Ledger it does not make this movie better than Jesus having a beer with John Lennon and Martin Luther King while singing with Elvis in Hawaii during the first days of world peace... or anything else that awesome for that matter.

Some high points of the film were the start scene with the bank robery, Ledger's performance (obviously) and some of the effects.

Low points? Well other than the kinda boring plot there was nothing realy that bad with it. But there was nothing reallllly that good about it either.

The hype convinved people that this film would be good. The Dark Knight was some people's favourtie movie days before they had even seen it. Thats how extreme the hype was.

DK is alot like a medicine that does not work but is maketed to convince people that it works real well and when people do try it they get the idea that this "medince" works even though it obviously does not. People would be watching the movie and because they heard so much good things about the film a normally average scene that would either looked upon as crap in a low rated film or avergage in an average rated film would be looked upon as a kick ass scene in DK.

The movie also went for three hours which is a b!tch. But it was still a bit fun and i give it 3/5.
I couldn't even tell it was 2 and a half hours long because the pacing was so fast. And there's many more great things about TDK than just Ledger. TDK was amazing.

The King of Movies
How come you fail to mention Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Micheal Caine, hell even Christian Freakin' Bale! All you can basically say was that it was boring, it was apparently a one-man show starring Heath Ledger, and was too long. The rest was just dribble.
Yeah those are the points i was saying that were bad about the movie. Im not saying the film was utter crap, just those points were the low points of the film.

The King of Movies
Day of the Dead (1985)

I think this was the first George A Romero flim i have ever seen and probaly the best zombie film i have ever seen.

Me and zombie films have had a rocky relationship over the years. At first the zombie genre was the scariest thing in the world for me (just like George Bush becoming president) when i watched the episode of Goosebumps which was called Welcome to Dead House.

My fear and love of zombie flicks further increased when i saw the awesome 2004 verson of Dawn Of the Dead. But a couple of months ago my respect and fear of the genre colapsed quicker than George Bush's aproval rating. The crap movie, The Evil Dead, dinted my love and respect of the genre (i wont go into that movie though). But any way i have a new found respect for zombie films after this movie.

Day of the Dead, is pretty simple, just like George Bush's mind. It follows a group of people stuck underground after an infestion of zombies (pro Bush suporters). It has one of those the zombies aren't the real monsters-but we are- Lord of the Flies- type storyline after the group turn on each other. But i will be honest i wasn't watching for a metaphor on how humans are worse than zombies i was watching for the blood and guts the movie is famouse for. I was not disapointed.

There was a loooooooooooooooooootttt of blood and it was awesome. I now look forward to watching the rest of Romero's films excluding Night of the the Living Dead.

I give this entertaining movie 4/5.

ps. I like George Bush, i just think it is funny to take random jabs at him. Whats he gonna do about it? He won't invade my house, as i have no oil around.

Welcome to the human race...
What is with you kids these days and your lack of respect for The Evil Dead? I was fifteen the first time I saw it, and few movies have come as close to scaring the absolute piss out of me. The fact that you cite the Dawn of the Dead remake as awesome yet claim that Evil Dead "dinted your love and respect" for zombies (especially when the Evil Dead series make for some of the better "zombie" movies around, while Dawn of the Dead '04 is an alright film but to try and call it better than Evil Dead - how many people who "love" zombie films would say that with a straight face?)

Just when I think you've redeemed yourself by enjoying Day (if only for the "lots of blood") you go on to say that you look forward to watching the rest of Romero's films with the exception of Night. Why the hell not? It's not because it's in black-and-white/40 years old now, is it?

I mean, seriously.

P.S. The Bush jokes sucked.

(just like George Bush becoming president)

colapsed quicker than George Bush's aproval rating.

Day of the Dead, is pretty simple, just like George Bush's mind.

an infestion of zombies (pro Bush suporters).

He won't invade my house, as i have no oil around.

You know, I hate people who just keep making fun of our leaders

A) Add the W. People'll think youre making bad jokes about George H.W. Bush

B) They weren't even funny.

C) Haven't you said that you were an Aussie? Then why should you care less abot the US? I'm not going to go make fun of your Aussie Head of State (I don't even know his or her's name,) so why make fun of ours.

Sure he hasn't always said the world's smartest thing ever, but you know what, he's the one we got for like the next month, and yes I will stand by him.

The King of Movies
You know, I hate people who just keep making fun of our leaders

A) Add the W. People'll think youre making bad jokes about George H.W. Bush

B) They weren't even funny.

C) Haven't you said that you were an Aussie? Then why should you care less abot the US? I'm not going to go make fun of your Aussie Head of State (I don't even know his or her's name,) so why make fun of ours.

Sure he hasn't always said the world's smartest thing ever, but you know what, he's the one we got for like the next month, and yes I will stand by him.
calm the hell down lol

A) They were jokes- not seriouse political commenterys. I happen to actually like George Bush.

B) These days when people say George Bush, they don't think his dad. It's like if i said something about Jesus. People would not automaticly think Jesús Alou, the former baseball player. They would think Jesus Christ, that god guy.

C) Actually if you could be botherd to read my bio it would state the fact that m actually American but just not living there.

Also what gives you the right to say what leader i can or can not make fun of. What are you going to do, arrest me for treason?

The King of Movies
What is with you kids these days and your lack of respect for The Evil Dead? I was fifteen the first time I saw it, and few movies have come as close to scaring the absolute piss out of me. The fact that you cite the Dawn of the Dead remake as awesome yet claim that Evil Dead "dinted your love and respect" for zombies (especially when the Evil Dead series make for some of the better "zombie" movies around, while Dawn of the Dead '04 is an alright film but to try and call it better than Evil Dead - how many people who "love" zombie films would say that with a straight face?)

Just when I think you've redeemed yourself by enjoying Day (if only for the "lots of blood") you go on to say that you look forward to watching the rest of Romero's films with the exception of Night. Why the hell not? It's not because it's in black-and-white/40 years old now, is it?

I mean, seriously.

P.S. The Bush jokes sucked.
lol ha ha you guesed it.

I'm not going to go make fun of your Aussie Head of State (I don't even know his or her's name,) so why make fun of ours.
Go ahead make fun we don't care us Aussies can take a joke about our leaders we do it all the time Our leader is Kevin 07 Rudd

Me agrees. Sure The Dark Knight might win Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor for 2008, but the film didn't just star death by bad-news-at-the-doorstep heart-stabber Heath Ledger.

The film starred Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Morgan Freeman as the cast. And most of all, Heath Ledger is 3rd, and there are more actors before and after his name. I'm not saying the film isn't a tribute or I'm not a fan towards Heath Ledger, because the film is a tribute mostly (dedicated to him) and I am a huge Heath Ledger fan. But you have to understand (or at least based on how I feel) that he didn't make the movie.

Plus, I would even give the movie a

I agree 100% with you on Evil Dead. It is one of the worst movies of all time - but if you thought Day of the Dead was good , go see Dawn.

The King of Movies
I agree 100% with you on Evil Dead. It is one of the worst movies of all time - but if you thought Day of the Dead was good , go see Dawn.
I plan to watch it in the next few days.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If it weren't for The Evil Dead, we wouldn't have HALF the films we see today. Films you both love.

Suspect's Reviews

It's fair to say the classic films of Romero (Trilogy of the Dead), Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing) and Raimi (Evil Dead) plus Dracula and Psycho are seminal examples of horror and responsible for inspiring most horror today. If not for the content of Evil Dead, the production alone is a source of inspiration.

Originally Posted by king of movies 316
DK is alot like a medicine that does not work but is maketed to convince people that it works real well and when people do try it they get the idea that this "medince" works even though it obviously does not

There's a single word for that sentence- 'placebo'

I agree 100% with you
When Meatwadsprite says this to you, you know you're wrong.

Welcome to the human race...
lol ha ha you guesed it.
I'm going to bypass constructive criticism entirely and say that you are worse than a moron. Stupidity is bad enough by itself, but willful ignorance is far worse.