The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

Highlight:
First of all I just saw the rough cut of Oblivion's teaser trailer and I was blown away [specifically by the second half of it]. I am so stoked and I was so pleased when I saw it and it was working so well. The guy playing Colin was flat out made for this role.

Secondly, I shot and edited a short film today, just a small documentary of sorts, but it turned out really, really well. It's in the experimental section of the Esoteric Rabbit Site and I'm uploading the .mov later tonight. It was based around a chapter of Italo Calvino's Marcovaldo and we ripped off American Beauty and called it American Consumerism. It was really good.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Highlight: Found my VHS of Sifl and Olly eps. ROCK! (Sifl and Olly was the best show MTV ever ran. Imagine sock puppets hosting a talk show, and you're close to how funny this was.) Also got the New Public Enemy cd, Revolverlution. I'm listening to a lot of rap lately because nothing else these days has the same sort of anger or meaning.

Lowlight: Got into a really nasty fight with a friend of mine. He was being a massive tool. He yelled at me for leaving a coke bottle at his apartment, saying that he doesn't like cleaning up after people, but when I got to his place, it was a dump. He never cleans up his own sh*t, so why's he getting all up in my face about one coke bottle? Plus, he's always bragging about stuff, (his luck with women, how much money he makes, his new car, etc.) even though he knows I don't wanna hear that sh*t because my life sucks a lot. He wants to make me jealous of him, I think. It triggered another bout of depression a couple of days ago, and that's really dangerous if you know anything about people with depression....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A novel adaptation.
to qoute Pink Floyd " and Down......."

Oh man. It suddenly hit me how fast time goes by. I realize that if I want to get a jump on a successful career in Filmmaking, it'll be easier if I get something fantastic, and festival-worthy, done while in highschool. But I'm stuck on my script for a feature length, and I can literally see my dreams flashing before my eyes. I need to do something useful, but I'm so creatively drained..... ugh, I feel awful. It's like I'm in the headlights of a speeding car, and I'm just reacting too slowly. I'm being smothered by the magnitude of life.

Are we living the same life?

Once again, message me, things will turn good.
I'd love to have a read of your screenplay, throw in my two cents worth. Things can't be as bad as they seem.

School, family, friends; these are just obstacles.
Remember that. It's a terrible, terrible lesson to learn.

Highlight:

My teacher's brother just got back from America, where we made him buy boxes and boxes of Tic Tacs. He brought back the flavours we requested [coincidentally, the flavours we don't get in Australia] and I am just now tasting them. What a weird country you are indeed.

Lowlight:

Compared to orange, the Elvis of Tac, we're not missing cinnamon and wintergreen overhere, I can tell you that. Grostesque!

A novel adaptation.
HIGHLIGHT:

I'm about to go eat Ramen Noodles

Lowlight:

I lost the composition notebook that I kept all of my film ideas in. Luckily thoug, I can rmember most of them. But I'm still worried that 1. A filmmakr finds them, and steals all of my ideas. or 2. Someone I vaguely know finds them, and reads all of my embarassing writings.

I'm not sure which would be worse, okay, the first one would, but it's pretty unlikely

That's the second time I've heard of such a book in two days. You just write and collect clippings and such? I don't do such a thing. I feel that my ideas gestate better inside my head and if something is worth remembering, I'll remember. But I'm intrigued. How does such a book help you? A lot?

I should probably start one...

A novel adaptation.
It helps me a ridiculous amount. I actually keep one by my bedside, and am even dorky enough to take it with me places. Anytime I see a good shot, or a good location, or even have a good idea, I write it down. I reccomend getting one, espesciallly as a filmmaker.

Higlights: I'm 18. Yay. Cruised around with my best friend basically all day. Bought some CDs. Bought a DVD. Had a good time talking to a few friends (you know who you are...and I appreciate the way that you're always, always, always there for me). Flyin' along in the car listening to Queen's Another One Bites the Dust (awesome driving song).

Oh, and one more: TEXAS! (hilarious inside joke)

Lowlights: musta pulled a back muscle or something. Ouch.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Highlights: Found a box of old casette tapes, including the Crow soundtrack. I'm having a mid 90's freakout to it right now! Also....Finished 2 pages of the comic book I'm drawing! Woo Hoo!

Lowlights: 20 pages still to go.....D'oh!

A novel adaptation.
did Yoda get some booty?

did ya'? Ehhhhhhh....?

Why is it that when anyone fails to elaborate on a highlight, everyone assumes it's related to sex? Yoda and his booty resent your remark.

Another highlight: I'm seriously digging this new album; Queen - Greatest Hits. No Bohemian Rhapsody, though. How f*cked up is that?

A novel adaptation.
Oh, I'm suuure that thats the queen that made the highlight of your day.
Ehhh...? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?

Highlights

It's Thursday, and tomorrow I'm gonna get my package!!
And I got to the last can of Bean & Bacon soup before anyone else!!
Also, Linkin Park's new CD cam out early! (My brother owes me it!)

Lowlights
I think he is Chris. I think he is...
The internet dosn't work on my brother's computer, so he ahs to use mine.

My Father, Aunt, and I own a 83 acre farm on the Oregon-Washington Border, it was my Granparents. My Dad and Aunt were raised there and I spent every summer there growing up, riding horses and my motorcycles. It's a beautiful place, and needless to say we are all very attached to it. When my Grandfather died we all decided that we would let the woman that came once a week to clean the place live there for only $100 a month. Our main concern was to protect it from vandals. Unfortunately her and her friends that lived there did about 30k worth of damage to it. It's our fault for not inspecting it more often than we did. We evicted her about two months ago and started going up there to clean it every weekend. We leased a 30 TON dumpster and filled it up and still had a 1/2 ton of garbage left. All the carpeting and tile has been ripped up, her kids painted on the storm windows, and in the piles of garbage that were lying about outside, we found 400-500 used diapers, 20-25 animal carcasses, and I found remains of a meth lab. 3 weeks ago I was working on the driveway that runs up from the main road, it's an 1/8th of a mile long and has trees and bushes lining along it on both sides. I was using my chainsaw and trimming the trees so their branches would quit scratching up our vehicles when we drove on the driveway. I was about 15' high on a douglas fir, trimming a main branch, when the branch I was standing on broke away. I fell dropping the chainsaw on the way down. When I hit the ground the chainsaw landed on top of me with my glove stuck in the trigger mechanism. Damn, I recieved 183 stiches on my outer left thigh. Bled like a slaughtered pig on the way to the hospital, and ruined the interior of my Fathers Subaru. He's kind enough not to care though. Anyway, my leg is DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!! It itches so bad that I want to put a bullet in my brain or at least cut the damn thing off! Makes me want to smoke pot again(gave it up when my ex got pregnant the first time). Oh well, poor me.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

That is HORRIBLE!!! It sounds really bad. My stepdad has a trailer in a trailer park. Some kids broke in and trashed the place, leaving cigaret butts and garbage everywhere. But that is nothing compared to what that lady and kids/posessed animals did to your grandpa's farm. Big bummer, man...