Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

News in:

Batman Vs Superman is apparently "more of a Superman film that just happens to include Batman and Wonder Woman" according to one of the writers Bill 'Jet' Ramey.

He says that Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman will be more of a cameo than an actual scene-heavy role.

If Batman "just happens to be in it", it makes me wonder, what's the point of calling it Batman Vs Superman or even vice-versa or even having both Symbols on the title card...

Even if wonder woman turns out to just be a cameo, there's still the whole deal with the Justice League. Technically this film will up our number of Leaguer's to 4, so they really are getting closer to making it happen, which means that wonder woman needs to have her own movie to get people into the character, if there really are plans to make a JL movie. I just don't know if Gal Gadot is up to that.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I read an article recently about them bringing back John Stewart, other-wise known as the black Green Lantern. Whenever I was growing up, I always loved the Batman: Animated Series, along with the nineties Spider-Man, but then, they brought Justice League to the table, and it might awesome, because it was the only time where I enjoyed all the members of the Justice League. Obviously, it wasn't because the Green Lantern was black, rather, the writing, but I was pleasantly amused by them possibly doing it because I always said either have the John Stewart version or having Captain Thunder (Black Captain Marvel) would be the way to go.

However, I was mildly deterred whenever I found out that the person supposedly in the running for the role is Dwayne Johnson. I loved wrestling growing up as a kid, and I was keen with The Rock, but as an actor, he has never been particularly great. He's fine in the Fast and the Furious series, in-fact, he's actually good there, but brick-**** house won't work as Green Lantern, and I don't very much want to see him with the role.

I'd be totally down to see John be done in live action. The Rock I agree is not a good choice. It needs to someone who looks like an army veteran and who is a veteran actor. Plus, you know, he's full black, not that I have a problem with someone who's only half, but a lot of other people might.

Both of you are guys correct for wanting a Jon Stewart Lantern. As I've said several times before, GTFO Reynolds!

Personally, I've been exploring the possibilities of either WIll Smith or Denzel Washington taking on such a role. DC needs some big name stars to really take this JL movie to the next level, and either of these guys can do that.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'm really waiting for this movie, it seem to be one of the greatest super-hero movies for this year.
2015, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Superman is the most known Superhero, everyone knows who he is...But Bats unfortunately is more popular.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Superman is the most known Superhero, everyone knows who he is...But Bats unfortunately is more popular.
First of all,you want to say that people don't know who is Batman?I think they are on the same level,whole world know who they are.Second unfortunately?Damn mate,don't say that...Big Batman fan incoming...Let's be honest Batman is more fun to watch/read,his fights are awesome because he is human!Superman never gets ****ed up as much as Batman...He is having best villains,best atmosphere...He is human,he is anti-hero ,dark,sometimes berserk,smart,rich,good fighter,good detective,the list can go on...What is Superman? Alien with superpowers nothing more,he won't break law,take his powers and he is nothing...And for all people out there that keep talking how Superman can beat Batman easy..."I want you to remember Clark, in all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember... The one man who beat you."

Ok guess I should add a few of my own comments seeing as I haven't been here for a while. Forgive me if I repeat anything that's already been said, I haven't been here for a while.

1. Ben Affleck as Batman, I assume everybody is over this inevitability now?

2. What are people's thoughts on Zack Snyder directing after the destructive and heartless Man of Steel?

3. Gotham City and Metropolis are both fictional cities, as one from the UK I consider Gotham City like Chicago and Metropolis like New York City. I'm sure that comparison has been made before but it's a good frame of reference.

4. Gal Gidot as Wonder Woman - STOP FREAKING OUT! From what I have heard it'll only be a cameo and I really doubt that they'll start the Wonder Woman movie franchise based on her appearance in the movie, however it's not like they've not cast an unknown in a superhero movie and gone on to make a successful movie franchise before.

5. Lex Luthor's involvement may be very good as long as they go for the Luthor from the comics and don't make him into the campy character that was woefully carried on by Kevin Spacey. Who does everyone want to see as the villain?

This can be awesome,epic masterpiece movie or something really bad...I hope for a good one and Ill stay positive about it,Lex is best Superman villain for me.Nolan will be helping with this one right?I think Snyder will do this better than Man of Steel,it was good movie but nothing too good.As for Wonder Women she will probably be a cameo as many guys already said,I don't have a problem if they show both Gotham and Metropolis,why are people giving so much hate about Ben Affleck?I won't say he will be best Batman ever but how can people go like "oh he is bad,he will destroy it..."If you go like that to watch movie ofc you won't like it,about casting of Gal Gidot cmon chill they didn't cast Megan Fox...There is so much good stuff they can do about this,they can show 2 different angles,2 different looks on society,2 different styles of doing things.For all people who are talking that this fight is stupid because Superman will win easy and that he is too strong etc...What are you talking about,Batman already kick Superman's ass,we all know the speech so I won't quote it...

about casting of Gal Gidot cmon chill they didn't cast Megan Fox...
Haha yeah -KhaN- good point, like many have said it'll just be a cameo so there probably won't be much to go on in regards to her acting ability, just a little treat for fans to finally see Wonder Woman on the big screen. I think Darkseid may be a good villain, albeit an unusual one and not in the canon on The Dark Knight movies and may draw parallels with Thanos from The Avengers but I can't think of anyone better for an all destructive villain bar Doomsday and I'm not sure he'd be so interesting.

This is just a rumour for now but it's certainly not the first time movies like this have been shot back to back. Superman and Superman 2 were both shot like that (of course with problematic results for Richard Donner) but I think if they do do it like this then it could be done well. I just don't want Zack Snyder taking over the DC universe completely.

UPDATE:- Just read that Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost) and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson are being lined up for roles in The Justice League movie. Not sure who Holloway could play (maybe Aquaman?) but there's been a Lobo movie in the pipeline for ages and I'd be ok with Dwayne Johnson playing this role.

Are they being serious??? That is insane. This is going even faster than I could have expected. Really hope they don't screw this up during their haste.
Maybe this won't be bad because actors will be so involved and directors and writers could use this in very good way.

I'm wondering they always talk how DC needs to make some movies fast because Marvel is way better in movie genre...DC has 3 Batman movies 1 Superman movie they are working on JL Man of Steel 2 ,probably a lot more movies in next few years,yea Marvel is also having a lot of movies but 3 Batman movies and if Versus battle works that is enough to be on the top,and DC is kicking Marvel's ass in gaming genre so yea if they take movies from them...

Delayed!!!

Batman Vs Superman has been pushed back to a 2016 release.

The studios have announced that script rewrites are underway to allow the filmmakers more time to get it right.
Also, other news says Ben Assflick was injured over the Christmas period while skiing.

Could this mean casting changes in regard to Crapfleck?
No Wonder Woman after all?

Who knows... 2016 is the new date... and no actual date has been released as of yet.

Delayed!!!

Batman Vs Superman has been pushed back to a 2016 release.

The studios have announced that script rewrites are underway to allow the filmmakers more time to get it right.
Also, other news says Ben Assflick was injured over the Christmas period while skiing.

Could this mean casting changes in regard to Crapfleck?
No Wonder Woman after all?

Who knows... 2016 is the new date... and no actual date has been released as of yet.
And this delay puts them closer to the Avengers 2 release I would think. Either way this is yet another indicator that this movie will more then likely blow.

Finished here. It's been fun.
No surprise in this delay, they obviously have no idea what to do with the film. I see this film being a disaster, no way around it.

No surprise in this delay, they obviously have no idea what to do with the film. I see this film being a disaster, no way around it.
I hope you are wrong...Yea it has big chances to be bad but I can't go negative about movie with Batman ...I just can't understand how can they have writing problems,there is so much Batman/Superman stories...You have whole universe at your hands...I hope this movie will be epic as that kind of movie deserves.