MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2016 Signups

Tools    

Which means the last number has to be 1, which means I pick last. Ha.

For a moment I worried that the random number generator was only picking numbers at least above 1 and I'd have to do it over, but I did it a few more times and it turns out 1 can indeed show up, so we're good.

DRAFT ORDER FOR MARCH 13TH:

1. mikeython1 (Done and Dunn)
  2. rauldc14 (Peanuts&Crackerjacks)
  3. Frightened Inmate #2 (The Loose Seals)
  4. seanc (Mudville Nine) Powdered Water (The Russell Wilson 9)
  5. Sedai (Clockwork Angels)
  6. ursaguy (North Side Chi)
  7. Fabulous (The Empire)
  8. Banknotes Harper (High-Level Arbitrage)
  9. Adamantium18 (Quickie Marte)
  10. TONGO (The Naturals)
  11. mark f (Dodgers)
  12. Yoda (Freedonia Ducks)

Thanks for doing that! Good luck, everyone!

Yeah, ESPN's board slates something like Giancarlo/Abreu/Gomez/Kluber for my first four picks. Not that those are even close to being concrete, but it's fun to see what the slots give me.

Mine would be Altuve/Bryant/Marte/Sale. Not that I'll take all four, but it gives you an idea.

At first glance, I think my ranking is fine. I think there's a tier of guys from 9-15, so if I'm going to be in that tier, best to be near the end of it. I think if I could pick I'd be 5th or 6th, but who knows.

Sorry I missed this, something came up and I had to go.

10th is ok I guess. I picked last before and its really nice to pick 2 at a time. Youll be fine Yoda. I dont think FBB is like Fantasy Football being where you draft is so critically important. Baseball talent pool is huge. Glad we can know now ahead of time, ill be haunting the 10th slot in mock draft rooms now.

I'd ultimately prefer a top 3 or maybe 4 pick, but what can you do? I would say that after (maybe) your third pick the draft order stops mattering a whole lot and it's just up to you to craft your team.

8th pick firmly puts me in the McCutchen/Giancarlo/Scherzer zone, I'd imagine, but it's hard to assume a lot here. Concretely, I'm sure that Trout, Harper, Goldy, and Kershaw will be gone (in some order), but then it starts to get a bit hazy.

A system of cells interlinked
5th! I'll take it!

I better get a few mocks going to see how things are shaking up, even if it's a bit early yet.

Still a little over two weeks away to the draft. Ugh. Its gonna be a long month till opening day. March really is a stupid month

Are we allowed to trade draft picks? 6 is kind of an ugly spot to be in with such an obvious top 4 and a pretty equal rest of the round.

I...guess so? It's never come up, but I can't think of an issue if it's just a straight swap. Though you just undercut your argument by saying your pick is ugly.

Im way out of the loop when it comes to current baseball. I was shocked to see Aroldis Chapman is gonna be the Yankees closer -ouch ouch ouch!-, and knew Price was with the Blue Jays, but then he isnt! Hes on the Red Sox now. No difference really.

Doing a mock in the 10 spot now, and after round 5 I have Miggy, Encarnacion, Jose Fernandez, Grienke, and Tulo. I just know this will not actually happen, but every year I still get a charge of confidence from it. Every year the sky falls.

Hey Ursa if you can wrangle that deal then go for it, but I truly believe you can win a season regardless of draft positioning. The fantasy baseball talent is deep, and gets deeper with newcomers.

I'm in! Either Sunday works for me. Heading to Bradenton the 26th thru April 3rd. Going to live the dream.
DUDE! I live in Bradenton! Ill email you my cell #, maybe we can catch a game.