Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Haha That "no smoking" announcement was included as an extra on the Criterion edition of Polyester!
Over the years, Waters' place in Baltimore has evolved from a moral horror to a beloved local character who waves from an open car in the July 4 parade. His early movies were filmed on the run from police and a lot of people viewed his cast of characters as a threat to all that's good, decent and holy, especially that special sequence in Pink Flamingos where Divine eats dog poop. It was real. Legend has it that the dog was given a bit of ex-lax and followed around until it worked and the scene was shot.

After they shot that scene, Waters allegedly called an ER, proclaiming that "my child ate dog poop" and was told to keep him under observation for a couple days. There are a lot of local stories about the Waters crew and their exploits around Baltimore. Having attended school with some of his early, local cast members, I heard lots about a guy named Waters, who was said to want to make movies even when he was a kid and subsequently became kind of a pied piper, leading his actors to perdition. The actual real-world identity of Divine, Glenn Milstead, was kept secret for several years.

Over the years, Waters' place in Baltimore has evolved from a moral horror to a beloved local character who waves from an open car in the July 4 parade. His early movies were filmed on the run from police and a lot of people viewed his cast of characters as a threat to all that's good, decent and holy, especially that special sequence in Pink Flamingos where Divine eats dog poop. It was real. Legend has it that the dog was given a bit of ex-lax and followed around until it worked and the scene was shot.

After they shot that scene, Waters allegedly called an ER, proclaiming that "my child ate dog poop" and was told to keep him under observation for a couple days. There are a lot of local stories about the Waters crew and their exploits around Baltimore. Having attended school with some of his early, local cast members, I heard lots about a guy named Waters, who was said to want to make movies even when he was a kid and subsequently became kind of a pied piper, leading his actors to perdition. The actual real-world identity of Divine, Glenn Milstead, was kept secret for several years.
I heard some similar things about the poop stuff from Pink Flamingos (though not from a cool, real-life rumor mill!).

It's really amazing (and good...?) to hear how Baltimore has come around to Waters. I hesitantly wish that he would be my neighbor.

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
For tonight's retro, a classic chiller: 1937's Night Must Fall.

"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

I am from India, since few days I was thinking about watching some real base story based on India.
And finally I decided to fo with The Kashmir Files

Never seen this movie.

I´m gonna rewatch Retreat in a moment. I´ve seen it a few years ago, I don´t remember it as that good. But my Cillian Murphy obsession is back in all its glory, so I´m going through all his movies.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	81KHjQwZaXL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	94207  

Tonight's yummy retro goodness: Vivien Leigh (*rrrraawwrrr*) and Rex Harrison, in 1937's Storm in a Teacup.

I was thinking about seeing this. Is it any good?

An absolutely classic stage musical, handsomely mounted and performed as a film!

Tonight's retro blast: Edward G. Robinson, Bette Davis, and Humphrey Bogart, in 1937's Kid Galahad.