Z-Nation TV Series

Tools    

I'm wondering what the monster of the week will be next week though.

Last week on ep 1 was a zombie super-baby. This week it's a dog...

Next week I'm thinking it'll be zombie birds.

Ok, well, episode 2 is done... I'll give it a go next week too, see if there's anything going on.
If the standard drops again like it did this week, I won't bother again.

I have watched both episodes so far, and it's no getting any better, the acting is poor, there is no consistency, in the pilot the zombies are fast this week they are slow. This show has made me laugh but not in a good way. No i'll stick with the walking dead for my zombie fix.

Ok, I've made it through 40 minutes of episode 3... and I'm turning it off.

I've spent most of it on the web reading up on movies.

This show is garbage.

This show is non-stop CHEESE! And the good kind! Allow me to explain.

So when you first watch the show, you expect it to be a serious effort, a la "The Walking Dead," complete with weekly emoting, melodrama, and existential questions run amok. No sir. No ma'am. They burst that bubble in episode ONE, and they keep it running at breakneck speed, dispensing with all notions of taking the show seriously, as though THAT goal alone is the end-game of the series.

So I was pissed when they killed one of my favorite characters like candy, right at the start. I was like "What kind of show IS THIS???? I might not be back next week - they better watch it!"

But. Once you get past the initial shock, and accept the show for what is is: a tongue in cheek satire, a foil for more serious fare like TWD, a light hearted romp through zombie land - a romp wherein they happily stop and spoof literally EVERY undead, apocalyptic, or alien tv trope and book known to man (for example: we even got an episode of "Roswell," and Im quite sure they parodied a "The 100" episode from last season.), it becomes quite funny stuff to watch.

I literally spend each week wondering who or what they are going to spoof next. And I have this feeling the writers are laughing it up every episode, because this stuff is so cheesy it spreads. Whatever the case, I give the actors both thumbs up, because its as though they KNOW its cheese, and go with it. Hard. And that makes it all the more funny.

If I counted the times I said "NO THEY DIDNT!" I'd run out of fingers and toes.

If youre looking for hardcore cerebral experience... go away. If youre looking for fun, light hearted, not taking itself to seriously, with zombie twist? Youre in the right place!