The MoFo Bad Reputation

Tools    

I think it's so funny that Michael Jackson is starting to infiltrate threads totally unrelated to him!

My life isn't written very well.
I think that was my fault.

Back on topic: is it fair that a new member who may or may not stick around for more than a few days can give neg rep?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

You know what's funny? If you check the post ratings for the day the top five are all for posts in the "Movie Theme of the Week" thread. Pick an avatar, get rep.
Not me. I handed them out when people joined in on my theme week, but I normally/usually don't rep for those posts, so I normally don't receive any either. I do receive them for making avatars, though.

Originally Posted by PowderedWawa
I think its pretty hysterical how many folks are beginning to actually complain about receiving positive rep. What's that all about really? Buncha negative nelly's...
I'm not complaining, but there are times when I wish I received replies, instead of rep. If it's a good enough thread to rep, then why not add a reply to it!?!

p.s. Where is this other chat at? The one on Michael.

I just found the thread, and I despise debates like that. I don't want to start dissecting his life, all that did/didn't/maybe happened, or anything else. I do however want to defend myself, so since this is where the posts were made to and about me, this is where I'm replying . . .

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
I think that was my fault.
Yep, and I've got to say that I don't appreciate how you are being with this. If you had a problem with what I said a few days ago in the shout-box, then you should have addressed it then and there, instead of making this remark about me here . . .

I guess I'd rather give positive rep and ignore opinions that I consider different than my own.
However, the way some of you have been so insensitive about the passing of Michael Jackson, I'm encouraged to rethink my philosophy. Maybe rethink some of my MoFos...
Anyway . . .

I just got a little agitated when someone posted that MJ's passing is just like Elvis Presley's, then someone responded with "take that back--it's not the same!"(or something to that effect). It's exactly the same!

No matter what you think of MJ, he did the same if not more for the music industry than Elvis and probably more. And listen they both had their personal problems, and dare I say both entered "freak show" status.
I never even mentioned their careers. I haven't said one word about it. I make one comment, that to me is pretty obvious, and suddenly my personality/morals need to be questioned/rethought upon. As far as the other topic goes, why don't you ask Priscilla and some of those little boys if it's exactly the same thing, and see what they say? Why are you defending something you know nothing about? Are you saying that you know what that affair/marriage did to her? That you know what those boys are feeling/going through? All you are doing is proving what I said to be true. I said that their deaths are nothing alike, and they're not. You agreed when you said that no one cared to bring up Elvis' affair with Priscilla. None of us know what happened in either situation, because we were not there, but they are not exactly the same. That would be impossible. One ended in a marriage, a child, a divorce, and she's pretty damn famous. The other ended in criminal charges, investigations, a jury, etc . . . How is that exactly the same?

As I said in the shout-box, I'm not an Elvis fan, either. I'm not defending anyone here but myself, and the fact that these situations/deaths are not the same.

whereas MJ may be innocent ( I do have my opinion tho).
If it's that you "think" he is guilty, then I'm even more-so insulted. You can rethink who I am all you want. You never knew me to begin with.

If you have any replies to this, then quote them in the appropriate thread.

I'm not complaining, but there are times when I wish I received replies, instead of rep. If it's a good enough thread to rep, then why not add a reply to it!?!
I'll leave rep a lot of the time without saying anything... sometimes out of pure laziness but most of the time it's because I'm just too tired to say anything... but still want to acknowledge their post...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'll leave rep a lot of the time without saying anything... sometimes out of pure laziness but most of the time it's because I'm just too tired to say anything... but still want to acknowledge their post...
Yeah, that makes sense. I do that with reviews. I hate reading anything at all about a movie I've never seen. If it still appears to be a nice review, I'll rep it. I've even repped nicely written reviews where they hated the movie I loved, or they loved the movie I hated. My problem is, I rarely ever go into that thread, so it takes me awhile to catch up on them. I randomly go in there, and do pages at a time.

..er...sorry. Boy, I'm going to get myself into trouble here: my only opinion on your comment in the shoutbox was based on why you thought Elvis' death was different than MJ's.

and honestly I wasn't attacking you, because I really didn't remember who made the comment. But as you pointed out, and I apologized for, this is not the thread in which to discuss this.

..er...sorry. Boy, I'm going to get myself into trouble here: my only opinion on your comment in the shoutbox was based on why you thought Elvis' death was different than MJ's.
Yes, but you didn't know why I thought that. I never said why. So, before you post that you're rethinking who I am as a person . . . ask me why.

OK, let's get back to some Bad Reputation. I'll snag Toose's post . . .

Maybe you should explain why before you ask for someone to take something back that makes perfect sense in relation to the nature of the conversation.

Well, if we're gonna be playing DJ, let's play some MJ!

In honor of what just happened between Destiny and Reporter66...

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'!
by Michael Jackson

- DJ Sexy

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Personally I'm for doing away with the reputation system all together. But I'd be lying if I said I don't like receiving rep; it's addictive and keeps people hooked on the site, which is why it'll never go anywhere. I just think there could be something better in it's place (or additionally), like an annual MoFo Oscars ceremony for the best reviews/posts etc; just a thought.
I would like to have an annual MoFo awards ceremony too.

Like MVP (The Golden Yoda Award)

Rookie of the Year

Most Improved

Your idea, Best Reviews and so on.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'!
by Michael Jackson
I am trying so hard not to rep that Sexy

Maybe you should explain why before you ask for someone to take something back that makes perfect sense in relation to the nature of the conversation.
Do you really want to keep stretching this out? It was a shout in the shout-box from days ago. I never once insulted him, and I did that out of respect for the member's here. Those members who may still like him. If you had an issue with it then, you should have asked me about it then and there, period. I assumed it was pretty cut and dry, and didn't need an explanation. Their deaths were not the same. That was it, and it did not deserve you saying that you need to rethink who I am.

I'm not sure what your problem is on quoting this . . . this that you got started . . . and placing it in the proper thread, but I'm not asking you again.

I'm done!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Loner
I would like to have an annual MoFo awards ceremony too.

Like MVP (The Golden Yoda Award)

Rookie of the Year

Most Improved

Your idea, Best Reviews and so on.
From past experience L awards can still put people's noses out of joint a little, even though they are kinda fun too. (Yoda beating me in the 'best debator' category last time was clearly a fix tho )

I like some of the topics there incidentally. Don't think we had rookie, 'most improved' or 'best reviews' ones before.

A thread for awards has been started 2-3 times in the past year. It keeps getting put in the mod section, and the idea passed on. If you all are really wanting one, maybe start a thread, take votes, ideas, etc . . . and see how it goes. I dunno!

Originally Posted by Destiny
I'm not sure what your problem is on quoting this . . . this that you got started . . . and placing it in the proper thread, but I'm not asking you again.

I'm done!
Please don't threaten me.

Please don't threaten me.
That wasn't a threat. This isn't the proper thread. So since you won't stop placing this in someone else's thread, I'm moving them all to it now.

Give me a few minutes, and hope I don't **** up.

and honestly I wasn't attacking you, because I really didn't remember who made the comment. But as you pointed out, and I apologized for, this is not the thread in which to discuss this.
...and then you go onto making 2 or 3 posts more in the MoFo Bad Rep thread when I moved my response to the Michael Jackson Is Dead! thread.

Sorry had to edit my response. I spazzed.