Roseanne series making a comeback

Tools    

I agree @Gideon58- at this point, I am just sitting back and relaxing and letting the laughs roll in. I am loving Dan more than ever (glowering at David, and Rosanne shows her soft sweet underbelly when she tries to help Darlene's errant husband David become the better man she hopes he can be.
It 's touching and well paced and absolutely hilarious- like when Darlene refers to David's love interest -Blue- as a crayon.

I 'm remembering why I loved this series in the first place, and it's as good, if not better, than the original.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A bit earlier I saw an ad for this, starting on the weekend I thinkl. My ears were still bleeding from the Roseanne "DANNNNNNNNNNNNNN' or something similar I couldnt hear anything. I'm really looking forward to this.

OK, ep 5 was nothing short of superb. This show is BACK...very pleased to see the return of Estelle Parsons as Beverly, hadn't heard anything about whether or not she would be returning so that was a nice surprise. Absolutely LOVED Johnny Galecki's return as David...they seem to have tailored his role here so that he can continue on The Big Bang Theory which is good for him I guess. The chemistry between Galecki and Gilbert and Galecki and Roseanne is still magic.

Ep six was excellent...especially loved the scenes between Estelle Parsons and Laurie Metcalf. It was nice to see Natalie West and Sandra Bernhard return...almost didn't recognize West, the years haven't been too kind to her, but I think health issues were behind her departure from the show during its original run. Also loving the relationship developing between Dan and his grandson, Mark...Mark is nothing like the grandson Dan wanted but Dan is trying so hard to accept who Mark is, but I wouldn't expect less from Dan, one of the best TV sitcom dads EVER!

Ep 7 with the Conners' new Muslim neighbors was on the money...I could actually have seen that family spun off into their own show...they were really funny.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Ep 7 with the Conners' new Muslim neighbors was on the money...I could actually have seen that family spun off into their own show...they were really funny.

I think the last one and especially Ep 7 have been the best... Reminded me more of the old show.

This might just do nobody any good.
Cancelled.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ser/650973002/

The tweet was “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=Valerie Jarrett”.

Edit: jinx!

Now that Roseanne is out of a job, maybe Trump will hire her to be a senior advisor. She fits right in with the rest of that cabinet. Obscene. Offensive. Repulsive. Racist.

On a sidenote, I feel bad for John Goodman, Laura Metcalf and the rest of the cast.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I really enjoyed Roseanne when I was younger, back when I didn't have the internet and I used to watch Nick@Nite every morning (Nickelodeon had multiple channels, and when I woke up for school, one of the channels was basically Nickelodeon but three or so hours prior, so, when normal Nickelodeon was playing Nick Jr., this channel would still play Nick@Nite), and I used to watch Roseanne constantly (along with a lot of the 90s sitcoms).

When it was announced, I was modestly excited. After I watched the premiere episode, I found myself thinking that they did a really good job at easing into things, making it feel like no time has past.

After the 6th or 7th episode though, I felt like I was entirely over the show. Something about it felt very forced and shoehorned. Like they had a check-box of things they wanted to cover. "Oh, Muslim neighbors. Let's talk about xenophobia!", "Oh, Darlene's son likes to wear dresses. Let's talk about gender norms!", and everything about the show felt very unnatural to me because of it. They stopped being fleshed out bodies and more like archetypes.

That's just me though.

This might just do nobody any good.
On a sidenote, I feel bad for John Goodman, Laura Metcalf and the rest of the cast.
I mean, Wanda Sykes dropped her faster than ABC.

I mean, Wanda Sykes dropped her faster than ABC.
Obviously, she would.

Roseanne made a derogatory statement about an African American, comparing her to apes, which is the worst one could do, not to mention that "Muslim Brotherhood" part of her statement which expresses her disdain for Muslims.

I was pretty surprised how well the show did for the comeback- thought it would fall flat

Not shocked Roseanne Barr f*cked it up, that’s her schtick

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I was pretty surprised how well the show did for the comeback- thought it would fall flat

Not shocked Roseanne Barr f*cked it up, that’s her schtick
Yeah I only saw a bit of it last night, funny enough. I was surprised to see the axing this morning but I don't follow Twitter so I have no idea what she said. You're right, though. She does seem to love being a 'shock jock'.