B-rated Horror Movies

Tools    

Can anybody give me some titles to check out that are B-rated horror movies, because if you did that would be really great.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Well, these days the majority of horror titles produced are B-rated, but I'll just stick to anything that didn't get a theatrical release.

Firstly, The Last Horror Movie. I loved the movie and it cracks me up that it hit the spot of number one rented movie in the UK.

A personal favorite of mine is Stan Winston's directorial debut, Pumpkinhead. It gets a little silly towards the end, but the first 45 minutes or so are gold.

For good laughs, check out the Seed People.

And of course, my all time favorite is Dead End, I recommend it above all else.

Thanks for some of those suggestions OG-.

I'd say Evil Dead 2. Though the fame of the trilogy has raised all the films to the "A" ranking, it's still a B movie.

I would say " My Bloody Valentine" and "happy birthday to me"

I'll have to go check out some of those movies.

Wheely cool bike girl
I just watched an old movie (1963) with Boris Karloff and of all people, Jack Nicholson in a decidedly B-Horror movie called The Terror. It was directed by Roger Corman. Jack in a Napolianic uniform? Loved it for the pure schlock.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
If you've seen American Splendor, you should check out Toby Radcliffe starring in Killer Nerd and Bride of Killer Nerd.
I must see these

I wouldn't call Bubba a horror film, it's primarily a character study using the horror genre.

Piranha 2: The Spawning is a laugh, though F rated.

Pumpkinhead hits different places for me, the demon's offscreen actions sucked, and most the build up- when he came out it got better in terms of horror, though the tension, mystery and decent acting went.

I rule
Originally Posted by OG-
A personal favorite of mine is Stan Winston's directorial debut, Pumpkinhead. It gets a little silly towards the end, but the first 45 minutes or so are gold.
Pumpkinhead is a very impressive looking horror movie, well worth watching.

Larry Cohens muntant baby movie "It's Alive" and the sequals are great fun.

Troll 2 is one that's worth seeing, as it's the ultimate in so bad it's good B movie horror.

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Has nothing to do with the previous 2 Halloweens, no Jamie Lee Curtis, no Michael Myers, and it has a plot so stupid, it's funny.

"That's right, Stonehenge. You wouldn't believe how we got it..."

I haven't laughed that hard at a horror flick in a long time.

Another great B Horror Movie is Jaws the Revenge. I don't know about you, but I love when people make really bad sequels to films they clearly didn't understand.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I rule
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Another great B Horror Movie is Jaws the Revenge. I don't know about you, but I love when people make really bad sequels to films they clearly didn't understand.
... lol the shark following them round the world for revenge is a funny concept.

Originally Posted by feral cat
Troll 2 is one that's worth seeing, as it's the ultimate in so bad it's good B movie horror.
Oh my god, I love that movie. My favorite scene is the "popcorn scene" -- a motorhome becomes like a giant bag of popping popcorn while an ugly troll queen-turned seductive goddess and a teenage boy kiss each other with a corn on the cob in their mouths.

I finally saw Troll 1 last year when I bought the Troll/Troll 2 DVD. I liked it as well. I liked when the boy's parents opened their front door and a tree stump that's really an old woman/protective princess tells them to "Shut that damn door!" so the troll can't take over.

If you haven't noticed already, the Troll films are very f***'ed up.

THE FUNNYMAN

Its not scary at all, but its funny and quite budgeted ... Its about a family movie to a new house. the father won it in a poker game. the old owner has a joker from another dimension that kills them in very amusing ways. i.e While saying "you don't get the point because i've got the point here", being stabbed to death in the eye with a high heeled shoe.

I would have to say The Return of The Living Dead Part 2. I would have to say that would be considered a B-movie.

Dog Soldiers
High Tension
Calvaire
Shallow Ground
Ginger Snaps
Dead End
Bubba Ho-Tep
Grandmother's House
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Brain Damage
It's Alive!
Evil Dead 1 & 2
The People Under The Stairs
The Howling
Phantasm 1 & 2
The Puppet Master (multiple)
Toolbox Murders
Prom Night (multiple)
Black Christmas

that should keep you busy!

Horrorphiliac

ORO
SLEEPAWAY CAMP, CRITTERS and the truly woeful APRIL FOOL'S DAY. Crap, but fun.