A Movie. Unless I am delirious. A guy who Splatters himself. I think

Tools    

Hi,

I feel like there was a movie made in the late 1980s or the early 1990s. I thought that maybe Fred or Freddy was in the title. And no it wasn't anything to do with Nightmare on Elm Street.

From what I remember, some guy (I think named Fred) is like some goo or something and he splatters himself on walls. And some girl protagonist in the movie has kind of an morbid attachment to this guy. Sort of love like. But I can't remember much. I think he splatters himself around like on walls and you can still make out his face and he talks. And he is some kind of Sage or Advice giver to this girl who I guess is struggling with adjusting to growing up or life and having to make big decisions. What I remember this movie was bizarre beyond anything that one can imagine. It reminded me a little bit of Joe's Apartment. With the Cockroaches that only the Joe person can see, that can do song and dance numbers and talk. And I guess give him advice on life and things.

Does any of this sound familiar? This wasn't really like Flubber. I think in later years Hollywood made Flubber, but that was just some dumb clownish fun kids movie. This Splatter Fred movie that I am thinking about had kind of a serious tone about it. It was like in that whole Tales from the Crypt era. Where you see just maccabre things being portrayed at normal. This movie I don't think did very well. It might be obscure I have never even seen it at a store. Whatever the heck this was that I saw. Whatever this was I think I need to be rehabilitated from it.

Yup. That's it. Thanks! Two movies in 1991 with the word Fred or Freddy in the title.

Without having ever seen it, I was wondering if it was going to be Drop Dead Fred. The How Did This Get Made episode on it was kind of... it's highly referenced to this day.

You absolutely must elaborate.

She said she had DID.

She definitely had PTSD from sexual abuse.

She felt that the experience of the main character, with Fred, played by Phoebe Cates was similar to having an alter.

She said she had DID.

She definitely had PTSD from sexual abuse.

She felt that the experience of the main character, with Fred, played by Phoebe Cates was similar to having an alter.
That is very interesting. I'm sorry she had to deal with that level of trauma.

Without having ever seen it, I was wondering if it was going to be Drop Dead Fred. The How Did This Get Made episode on it was kind of... it's highly referenced to this day.

I am pretty forgiving when it comes to bad, but someone needs to eat the toxic berries out here.. I saw a movie called The Cellar the other day with Patrick Kilpatrick. It has all of these really low reviews. But I thought it was good. Acted well at least. I go on IMDB and look up Short Circuit 2 (which I saw recently) and I see people giving it 10 out of 10 and some even saying that it was the best movie ever made. I mean like. A thousand a day push ups, says Jesse Itzler.