Rodent's Top 50 Movie Marathons

→ in
Tools    

Well, I wouldn't say better exactly... but for choosing an entire franchise for a Marathon over a day or two... well...

... actually yes... all the following 45 are better than Bond

More!

42: RoboCop: 3 Films

Another solid start for what became a series of films that sadly went silly as they went on.
RoboCop is my #1 film of all time… the sequels not so… but they hold together well when watched in a lump and manage to raise a few Ultraviolent smiles as they go.

41: Tremors: 4 Films

A great original film, with original ideas that turned into a cheese-fest of odd ideas and wooden acting. Lots of fun though and filled with some funny moments.
Large underground worms that eat people who make too much noise may not sound like fun, but strangely, it really is.

The only Critters movies I saw were Part 2 and Part 4 (where they were in outer space). I liked Part 2 a lot when I saw it. It was creepy. I still remember that giant ball of Critters that ran over a man and when it was finished rolling over him, he was just a skeleton, because I guess the Critters ate all of his flesh in like two seconds. I also remember a man who changed into a woman who then changed into the geeky guy from Wargames and who almost changed into Freddy Krueger until a Playboy got shoved in his face.

I wanna see 3 since Leonardo DiCaprio is in it.

Hopefully that has put everyone on the backfoot now... RoboCop so low on the list means the rest of the entries could be anything...

... anyyythiiiing!!!

You should go through the franchise in order, SC... they're good for a night in... erm, obviously, they're in this list

40: The Naked Gun: 3 Films

Starting out as the meant to go on and never shying away from what they are… Comedy Gold.
Not the original spoof ever made, but certainly a cut above the rest.

39: The Matrix: 3 Films

Faux mysticism, banging soundtracks and some cutting edge special effects thrown in… The Matrix became a huge hit… sadly the sequels didn’t quite live up to the hype but they’re still a lot of fun when watched back-to-back and have effects blanketed thrills in bucket loads. They are lacking any humour though.

Man, I really need to get into all of the big movie series. Usually, I've only watched one, or two of them, like Back To The Future (only watched the first,) James Bond (only watched Dr.No,), the first Lord Of The Rings movie, and so on. I have no excuse!

I've only watched the first four Harry Potter movies. It's a series I've always been interested in, and people go ape s**t for the last one in the series, so I need to get to those last few.

38: X-Men: 6 Films

The franchise has managed to stay at a constant throughout… as in, continuously entertaining and full of characters and writing that keeps the viewer fixed.
Sadly though, continuity errors between films that are more outstanding than Wolverine’s hairdo, keep X Men from making a bigger mark than it should.

37: A Nightmare On Elm Street: 7 Films

Cheesy horror fun that is usually cited as one of the best horror franchises going. They became a bit cartoony as they went on but never shied away from what they were, cheesy horror fantasies… and Englund rocked the role.
This is for the original series of 7 films only though, ignore the remakes and Universe crossovers.

Man, I really need to get into all of the big movie series. Usually, I've only watched one, or two of them, like Back To The Future (only watched the first,) James Bond (only watched Dr.No,), the first Lord Of The Rings movie, and so on. I have no excuse!

I've only watched the first four Harry Potter movies. It's a series I've always been interested in, and people go ape s**t for the last one in the series, so I need to get to those last few.

That's a similar reason I've been buying more films recently. I own the first film in a franchise, but not the rest. My last buy was Resident Evil sequels as I was fed up looking at an incomplete franchise.

Ah, I've seen a little bit of X-Men.

First Class to me is terrific, and X-Men is good. The Wolverine movies weren't really for me, I liked Origins a little more than the recent one. I haven't watched the second or third in the original series, though.

I wish we could have one more great Nightmare on Elm Street movie. A cheesy, silly one. NOT something like that horrendous remake. I could even tolerate another guy playing Freddy (as long as he DOESN'T look like the remake Freddy) if he's absolutely perfect. I just wanna see something that looks and feels like one of the '80s Elm Street movies. People complain and say they're stupid, but they took them for granted.

36: Spider Man: 3 Films

Solidly made but far too kid friendly for what could have been considered a great series of Superhero movies.
Spider Man looked as though it would get stronger as it went on, but sadly decided to drop that idea and came out with the poor 3rd instalment and then the studios dropped the franchise completely, which knocks Spider Man back a few pegs in the list.

35: Rambo: 4 Films

Another series with a solid start… a really solid start… yet turned into a cartoon extremely quickly when the sequels were made. Gladly though, the fourth film brought it back to a sense of realism and pretty much saved the series.
They’re still tons of fun though when watched together.

Seth Rogen should play Freddy Krueger in a Nightmare on Elm Street movie. I could really see that being fun.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	red-carpet-seth-rogen_612x380.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	11006  

I just think he has the energy for it and it would be right if they made another one today. If they wanted it to be successful.

Slight change... 4 in a row... mainly because of places 33 and 32... but also because I want to finish off the bottom 20 0f 50 and then call it quits for a few hours

34: Final Destination: 5 Films

Never trying to be what they’re not, Final Destination gives us tongue-in-cheek slasher films with a difference… with Death itself getting butt-hurt, stalking hapless teens and killing them in inventive ways. They did drop off a little toward the last few films but they’re still lots of blood soaked thrills.

33: Halloween: 8 Films

Milking the franchise for everything it was worth, with the occasional sequel surprisingly, being a well-made horror.
Halloween does jump the shark once or twice, but it’s still a ton of tongue-in-cheek fun as long as you have the right mind-set.
This is for the original series of 8 films only though, ignore the remakes.

32: Friday The 13th: 10 Films

Like the last franchise Halloween… Friday The 13th milks the idea for everything it can. Still though, like with the Halloween franchise, with the right mind-set it can be an absolute blast.
Just suspend disbelief at how many times a man can be resurrected.
This is for the original series of 10 films only though, ignore the remakes and Universe crossovers.

31: Blade: 3 Films

Consistently, well, consistent… Blade gives us laughs and great action, fantastic martial arts mixed with some hits of horror and an inspired comic book Hero to boot.
The action is really what it’s about with the brainless stories coming in second.

Seth Rogen should play Freddy Krueger in a Nightmare on Elm Street movie. I could really see that being fun.
"Hey man, I'm going to haunt your dreams, and stuff. Maybe smoke a doob in there, uhuhhuhhuhhuh."

I would honestly love that.

Well... there we go, the bottom 20...

50: Paranormal Activity: 4 Films
49: Police Academy: 7 Films
48: Saw: 7 Films
47: Harry Potter: 8 Films
46: James Bond: 23 Films
45: Resident Evil: 5 Films
44: The Karate Kid: 4 Films
43: Critters: 4 Films
42: RoboCop: 3 Films
41: Tremors: 4 Films