What Do you Do with YOUR DVds??!!??

Tools    

BANNED
Ok, so we all love to buy DVD movies. But i was wondering like for me i watch the movie maybe 50 times and then thats i dont feel like watching it anymore (after i watch all the extras).

So I look at my bookshelf and i have DVDs there but i have alread watched each of them 50 times..I don't want to sell them because i think its a better investment to just keep them than to sell them. Ok so then i i look at my DVd player and i say to myself...if i dont get more DVD movies then my buying a DVD player was worthless.

So the only way to get around having your DVd player mnot be worthless is by buying more movies...but after u buy those movies u watch them 50 times..and then thats it....

Is this just me???? or do you guys just rotate watching them..coz my first dvd (lotr fotr) hasnt been touched sinced maybe 6 months ago and of the 36 DVDs i have i only watched the most recent one i bought.....

Hmm how about you guys...are ur DVDs just sitting there or are they serving you?

They serve me. And they serve me well...

I have spent the last 2 years of my life training my DVD's in the art of ju jitsu and close combat tactics. I've also taught them how to hack computer systems, the use of firearms, first aid, survival tactics, and everything else they'll need to know to become the ultimate personal army. Soon, very soon, my forces of DVDs will march on humanity, and all the world will bow to my will... MWA HAAHAHAHAHH AH AH AH AHAHAHAHHA HA!

BANNED
Thats great man....i think some people here have a DVD for every person on this forum...anyways anyone else wanna share their plans for their DVDs?

I ate all your bees.
I dress them up as my favourite Action hero's (He-Man, tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Ranges etc), then I have a big battle and whichever super hero wins I undress him and watch his movie...

DVD players are good for many things. The main reason of course being able to watch DVDS; however, alot of players have the ability to listen to your MP3's, now I dont mean a copied version of your fav cd, I mean a data backup of over 100 songs on one cd. Great if you have it hooked up to your stereo system. Also you can create slide shows of your fav pics. Just save them in JPG format and BAM!!! no more slide projector ever needed. Also I would recommend that you wean yourself from making a movie boring due to the fact you have seen it so many times. I love to watch a DVD I have that is a prequel of a movie I am going to see. I have seen the LOTR movies only twice each, once in the theater and once on DVD. I will watch them back to back right before I leave to go see the 3rd, same goes with Matrix, Spiderman, whatever. Keep your DVDS, one day you will want to see a movie again no matter how many times you have seen it. Of course this only counts if you liked the movie in the first place. My fav DVD I own is Braveheart, make an anniversary to see a movie and only watch it on theat date, I watch Braveheart on my birthday every year, and so far I have seen it 7 times , I love it the everytime because I have not wore it out. Ration yourself and your DVDs will bring you great fun for a long time.

I ate all your bees.
Did I meantion I have battles with my DVD's...I even make them into Cars & Tanks. The Tanks battle it out and peice by peice ware down the opposition until on 1 DVD remains, that being the movie I watch. Conan the Barbarian is my current Champion, he's a 4 time Championship winner, has won the Tag Team event 5 times. However he is forever watchful of Con Air: Special Edition, Nemisis of Conan.

My life isn't written very well.
I've said this before...somewhere...

Donate all those DVDs you don't watch to your local library. That way you can check them out anytime you want, while letting other people in your community enjoy them as well.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Spoon
They serve me. And they serve me well...

I have spent the last 2 years of my life training my DVD's in the art of ju jitsu and close combat tactics. I've also taught them how to hack computer systems, the use of firearms, first aid, survival tactics, and everything else they'll need to know to become the ultimate personal army. Soon, very soon, my forces of DVDs will march on humanity, and all the world will bow to my will... MWA HAAHAHAHAHH AH AH AH AHAHAHAHHA HA!
So are your DVD's primarily strikers or grapplers?

How's their takedown defense?

I can't bring myself to get rid of any of my DVD's. Same goes for my VHS and CD's. I have over 200 VHS, and I keep buying them too. They are so cheap now, I can have everything on both formats, and since I only have a VCR in my room, it's nice to have both.

I'm just too much of a collector. I know as soon as I get rid of something, I'll want to watch it a few months down the road.

I know what you guys mean, I have a few hundreds and sometimes I think i need more to avoid the problem of remembering them too much. Then I realize that you can never watch too many dvds...

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The disappointing DVD purchases I use for toilet paper. They're a little difficult to flush, so I just wash them off and reuse them. No more buying tp for me!
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

A system of cells interlinked
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I like re-watching films after a few years. They aren't different, but I am, and I get something totally new from the film which makes it just as rewarding (sometimes more-so) than the first (tenth) time I watched it. I have lost interest in power-watching movies somewhat (although Donnie Darko I did 5 times in 4 days), and I like to watch it, pop it on the shelf, and come back to it a year or two down the road.

I think I would have trouble selling my DVDs for sentimental reasons and would donate any I really didn't want anymore to the library.

The Original Computer Virus
On power viewing, I watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure 7 times in 3 days. On topic though I generally watch my movies on a regular basis. No one movie sits on my shelf for months at a time without being watched... except Game of Death. Don't get me wrong, I love Bruce Lee, but Game of Death was horrible.

BANNED
Game of death was a horrible movie

Didn't see it.
I've got one of them 300 disc holders. It is just a few away from being full. I'll probably pull the ones I watch the least and give them away at work.

I don't keep the boxes, so I'll have to get some cases first.

As the new year arrived, and to save $$$, I have totally changed the way I keep my collection. I take the DVDs (not all ) and simply burn them onto DVD-R. I can go and sell the original DVDs for cash. . The DVD-Rs are securely placed into a binder, while the others are still on the shelf.

The Strongest Girl Alive
I hate it when I buy a dvd and it has very few features on it. but you see when I get really bored I like to watch them with subtitles and that way I get to learn new phrases in different languages and then I go on chats on the net and recite the phrases and laugh when ppl start swearing at me for speaking a different language.

It's not style, it's a way of life!
After watching my DVD collection grow (I don't have that many...probably a dozen), I kept thinking to myself, what am I going to do with racks and racks of movies?

So now, I refrain myself from buying DVDs unless I really, really want them (mainly for sentimental purposes). It's an exercise in discipline because it's hard to say no when a brand new one comes out.

I just have to keep saying to myself, "Just rent it. Just rent it."

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
whichever super hero wins I undress him
I thought I recognised you for a minute, there...

I generally watch my own DVD collection about once every six months, spending the rest of the time stealing other people's DVDs and renting occasionally. Like normal folk, I guess... But with more people begging for their Kevin Smith movies back.

Sparky xXx