The Number 23

Tools    

The Number 23 - Release Date: February 23, 2007

New Line Cinema presents the psychological thriller The Number 23. Jim Carrey as a man whose life unravels after he comes into contact with an obscure book titled The Number 23. As he reads the book, he becomes increasingly convinced that it is based on his own life. His obsession with the number 23 starts to consume him, and he begins to realize the book forecasts far graver consequences for his life than he could have ever imagined.

Directed by Joel Schumacher, the picture also stars Virginia Madsen, Danny Huston, Logan Lerman, Rhona Mitra, Maile Flanagan, Patricia Belcher, Lynn Collins, Mark Pellegrino and Tara Karsian.

I am also psyched to see this movie!!!

I have a question about a preview I saw for this movie as I was waking up one evening on the couch:

I remember it was going through these combinations of numbers equaling 666. They said something about Kurt Cobain...maybe to do with his death or birth. I was talking to someone about this and we were going through all these combinations of numbers to do with Cobain but I can't figure out what they are talking about. Anyway, if anyone knows the preview I am talking about that would be awesome if you could tell me what numbers they are...otherwise I will have to wait til I see the movie hahaha.

Not sure of the trailer but this is the number combination they are referring to for Cobain. Kurt Cobain was born in 1967 and died in 1994. 1+9+6+7=23 and 1+9+9+4=23.

ohhh ok! I get it, here I was trying to add up numbers to equal 666 lmao. duh! And I have no idea where 666 came from when the movie is about the number 23, lol. Maybe I was dreaming about the devil or something.

Originally Posted by jrs
cool. though it's on TV daily. haha.

Well maybe I don't sit in front of the tv 24/7

oooh, can't wait for this. apparently in an interview JC said he's been obsessed with the number 23 long before he got the movie proposal or heard of the story.

oooh, can't wait for this. apparently in an interview JC said he's been obsessed with the number 23 long before he got the movie proposal or heard of the story.
I think I watched that same interview. But I'm sure when he was clarifying it, it was his friend who was obsessed with it I think and not him. His buddy just turned him onto doing the movie because of the obsession.

ah, okay, still, I cracked up when he claimed to be the father of Anna-Nicole's baby

A system of cells interlinked
Schumacher directed... Good luck with this one....

Holy box office flop Batman! Luckily I have my razor hockey stick, and you have your...ummm...probe...again... Gee Whiz Batman! Why are there 23 bats in the cave? Do you know that I have 23 pairs of wonderwoman underroos? This means something!

Schumacher directed... Good luck with this one....

Holy box office flop Batman! Luckily I have my razor hockey stick, and you have your...ummm...probe...again... Gee Whiz Batman! Why are there 23 bats in the cave? Do you know that I have 23 pairs of wonderwoman underroos? This means something!

So it wasn't good...that's disappointing. Or are you saying you think it will be a flop?

A system of cells interlinked
Oh, I will have to wait for your opinion on that one, Sarah. Mr. Schumacher is not getting another dime out of me! Nah, just saw a good opportunity for a silly Batman joke...