Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

I edited the actual link out my posts, since I'm not sure how legal that site is and I don't want to break forum rules.

But people can PM me of they want it.
Yeah, i noticed. I bookmarked it just in case before you took it down. I'll probably watch it elsewhere because i noticed it's one of those videos were if you try to skip ahead it just replays it. Just in case something came up while watching it it would be really annoying not being able to return to the part i was on.

Can someone link me to Guaps new nomination?

If it is what I think it is I'm dropping out... I'm tired of this bullsh*t. It's a joke and a pain in the ass every time.

If it is what I think it is I'm dropping out... I'm tired of this bullsh*t. It's a joke and a pain in the ass every time.
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magica...Lyrical_Nanoha

It says TV Series but scroll down there's a movie that is his nom.

Link PMed. It's exacly what you think it is.

Well, I just watched the first part (50 minutes) of the Magical Girl Lyrical Whatever-the-F***-It's Called the Movie 2nd A's. I have a headache. I didn't have one when I started it, but I definitely do now. I'll finish it tomorrow. Maybe.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm just now catching up with this thread, but I noticed that some people seem to be very upset about Guap's nomination. Is it another movie that's actually a bunch of episodes of a series, or is there a different reason?

Wait, Guap why the hell did you nominate the second one? I didn't realize til now. This one from 2010 sounded fine:
Although the film retells the same story as the anime television series, Masaki Tsuzuki emphasized that the movie is not necessarily the "true history" of the story, but a "new parallel history.
Do you want anyone to like the movie, or do you just want to bore us for 150 minutes by dropping us into the second movie? What the hell man?

tat, nominated Madagascar 2, but cmon that is fudging Madagascar. You could just drop into that without knowing a thing, you know most of us aren't used to these films why on earth wouldn't you want us to watch the first to give us a better chance of liking it?

I'm just now catching up with this thread, but I noticed that some people seem to be very upset about Guap's nomination. Is it another movie that's actually a bunch of episodes of a series, or is there a different reason?

It shouldn't be eligible if it's not actually a movie.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Have seen five of the noms, including my own. Never even heard of Waltzing with Bashir (other than seeing it on the animated top 100) or Night of the Galactic Railroad, so that'll be interesting. All Dogs go to Heaven I haven't seen in forever, so it'll be good to see how it holds up. All in all, I've heard good things about allmost every nom, so this will be fun

Have seen:
The Secret of NIMH
Madagascar 2
Wall-E
Treasure Planet
All Dogs go to Heaven

Wait, Guap why the hell did you nominate the second one? I didn't realize til now. This one from 2010 sounded fine:

Although the film retells the same story as the anime television series, Masaki Tsuzuki emphasized that the movie is not necessarily the "true history" of the story, but a "new parallel history.
Do you want anyone to like the movie, or do you just want to bore us for 150 minutes by dropping us into the second movie? What the hell man?

tat, nominated Madagascar 2, but cmon that is fudging Madagascar. You could just drop into that without knowing a thing, you know most of us aren't used to these films why on earth wouldn't you want us to watch the first to give us a better chance of liking it?

What? If Guap's nom is the second movie of a series, does it require watching the first movie to understand the second one?

What? If Guap's nom is the second movie of a series, does it require watching the first movie to understand the second one?
Judging by the first 50 minutes that I managed to suffer through, yes.

But I'm not watching the first one. Guap can KMA on that.

No chance anyone is doing that which begs the question why did he drop us into the second film?

Judging by the first 50 minutes that I managed to suffer through, yes.

But I'm not watching the first one. Guap can KMA on that.
No chance anyone is doing that which begs the question why did he drop us into the second film?

That makes no sense, unless he thought we would watch the first one too, but I'm not watching both movies either. I'll watch the one that was nominated if it's eligible for this HoF, but I'm not watching an extra movie just because he nominated a bad choice.

He didn't think we were going to watch the first because he himself specified the 2012 one. The original was from 2010. I'm watching the second as well and if i don't have a clue what is going on then it's his fault. Such a weird thing to do.

Got to say it is really disappointing for me. I haven't watched any other magical girl anime; and i was keeping an open mind, i've been meaning to watch PMMM for ages and thought this might give me that push.

At least there are several movies that were nominated that I'm looking forward to watching or rewatching.

The Last Unicorn, The Secret of Nimh, and All Dogs Go To Heaven have been on my watchlist for years, and I've seen Treasure Planet and Madagascar 2, and I liked both of them. (And obviously, I love my nomination, Wall-E.)

I haven't heard of the other movies.

Genocyber. Is it a movie/series and is it even accessible? And will GBG even watch it?
Reading ahead, I see that this was already disqualified, but I don't know anything about Genocyber. Why would you think that I wouldn't watch it? Is it horror?

I've just made a decision, and I'm sorry if it angers anybody.

I will NOT be accepting Genocyber as a nomination here. I'll give Guap some time to search for a replacement.

I haven't heard of the other movies.
My nomination is by the same director that did Paprika, Perfect Blue, and Millennium Actress. Tokyo Godfathers isn't like those movies though. It's pretty light on surrealism and has a lot of comedy, but is also heartfelt and pretty emotional. It's also a Christmas movie (which I didn't know the first time I watched it).

Reading ahead, I see that this was already disqualified, but I don't know anything about Genocyber. Why would you think that I wouldn't watch it? Is it horror?
According to wiki it is very violent.

Controversy[edit]
Genocyber was notable for its controversial content and its extremely graphic horror violence. The OVA "breaks the unwritten rule that you never show a child getting seriously injured or killed" and "takes sadistic glee in being as graphic as possible" as it features many victims being brutally dismembered and disemboweled throughout the OVA. In the first OVA, the masked assistants of Dr. Reed kill everyone in a hospital in an effort to find Elaine; they viciously murder patients, nurses, and doctors. The last victim is the police detective that tries to protect Elaine, who has a brutally performed "surgery"; when he awakens, he discovers to his horror that all of the skin and muscle tissue has been removed from the front of his chest, abdomen, and pelvis, leaving all of his internal organs visible. In the second OVA, Elaine's young friends are killed by helicopter gunships, with their entire bodies being shredded by bullets. The whole anime has gore depicted in graphic detail and is infamous for the lack of remorse within most characters

My nomination is by the same director that did Paprika, Perfect Blue, and Millennium Actress. Tokyo Godfathers isn't like those movies though. It's pretty light on surrealism and has a lot of comedy, but is also heartfelt and pretty emotional. It's also a Christmas movie (which I didn't know the first time I watched it).

The only one of those I've seen is Paprika, which wasn't really my type of movie, but it was interesting, and overall, I enjoyed it.

From your description, Tokyo Godfathers sounds like it might be more my style.