Celebrity Stalkers

Tools    

You have to wonder--what is it about some people that compels them to stalk and hound celebrities, interfere with their personal lives, invade their private space and generally make a nuisance of themselves? It seems that for every remarkable individual in our society who has accomplished something noteworthy, there are about a dozen or so losers who parasitically latch on to the stars, sucking their lifeblood and vitality and, ultimately, driving them into the ground. It's as if because these losers have no life of their own, they get some sort of cheap, vicarious thrill out of interfering with the lives of others.

Celebrities are human beings too. They deserve their personal/private space without an insane horde of nameless freakos invading it and basically telling them how to live their lives or who they can or cannot have relationships with or what they can or cannot do with their lives. Sure, everybody has a right to an opinion (however flaky or out of touch with reality it may be), but sometimes, misinformation can compel desperate people--freaks and weirdoes, for lack of better terminology--to do desperate things. That is pretty uncool, IMO.

Originally Posted by darkhorse
You have to wonder--what is it about some people that compels them to stalk and hound celebrities, interfere with their personal lives, invade their private space and generally make a nuisance of themselves?
Ummmmmmm, well you see they're frippin' nuts.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Ummmmmmm, well you see they're frippin' nuts.
That's a good explanation, but it's also simplifying things a bit.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I'm glad someone has addressed this.
Cathy Griffin has been stalking me for years.
She needs to be stopped.
Lol! You mean Kathy Griffin, one of the minor cast-members of Vegas Baby (directed by Eric Bernt, currently in post-production)? That's scary... to be stalked by a lesser-known Hollywood character actor...

You're right, it's a K.
THE HORROR!!
Ouch! That plastic smile... it's enough to send shivers up your spine...

Is she really a she or is 'she' really a he dressed as a she?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Ok, look, i'm not stalking Elisha Cuthbert, i just like her a bit much

THAT'S ALL

though, that's not say i'm not going to stalk her

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Yep stalkers suck!
Had my share of them and I'm not famous yet!!!
God knows what'll be like when I'm discovered?
There are sad lonely people everywhere, you don't have to be famous to be stalked, indeed I imagine its worse when you don't have bodyguards and expensive security systems!
Remember what happened to Lennon, and more recently Monica Selles, that's the people I don't understand.
There is a British film called " Enduring Love " with Daniel Craig that broaches this subject, its an o.k. film, and the hot air balloon scene at the start is amazing and a little gory.
Have to go now, time to close my curtains as there are loads of young women hanging around outside my window again, the horror.....the horror.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Ok, look, i'm not stalking Elisha Cuthbert, i just like her a bit much

THAT'S ALL

though, that's not say i'm not going to stalk her
Actually, Elisha Cuthbert's outside my window stalking me right now... (j/k)
I am... unwilling... to research that.
You can say that again!
Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Yep stalkers suck!
Had my share of them and I'm not famous yet!!!
God knows what'll be like when I'm discovered?
??? If you haven't been "discovered" yet, who knows about you to stalk you?
Have to go now, time to close my curtains as there are loads of young women hanging around outside my window again, the horror.....the horror.
Wha'...? Are you sure you're not imagining things?

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by darkhorse
Actually, Elisha Cuthbert's outside my window stalking me right now... (j/k)

You can say that again!

??? If you haven't been "discovered" yet, who knows about you to stalk you?

Wha'...? Are you sure you're not imagining things?

I'm not the one with Elisha Cuthbert outside my window!!!!
Darkhorse, you haven't lived till you've had a female or male stalker!
I have a police restraining order on one of my ex-girlfriends, think Glenn Close Fatal Attraction, and you're almost there!
Man I seem to keep picking up crazy chicks...

I have a police restraining order on one of my ex-girlfriends, think Glenn Close Fatal Attraction, and you're almost there!
My personal opinion... when it comes to stalkers, thanks, but no thanks! That's an experience I'd just rather not have!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Are they crazy when you pick them up, or....?

Are they crazy when you pick them up, or....?
Good question... hmm....

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Where's Crocodile Dundee when you need him…
Living in Byron Bay.

There is a British film called " Enduring Love " with Daniel Craig that broaches this subject, its an o.k. film.

Fatal Attraction with gays. Did you catch Rhys Ifans on Johnny Vegas last friday?

Anyway, celebritys should expect stalkers and stalkers should get their head's examined.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Anyway, celebritys should expect stalkers and stalkers should get their head's examined.
You're right about stalkers getting their heads examined. Basically, the way I see it, stalkers are obsessed people whose obsessions have gone so overboard that it has driven them over the edge, into committing crazed acts of desperation. Basically, stalkers are people who become obsessed with someone--it could be anyone--the only reason they happen to pick on celebrities is because celebrities, being in the media spotlight, tend to have high visibility. So some deranged weirdo somewhere can pick on that individual (the celebrity) and develop a bizarre obsessive fixation on them. This obsession then slowly develops into a controlling impulse--a desire on the part of the stalker to control and manipulate the life of the celebrity--the object of their obsession. This drives them into hounding and stalking the celebrity. That's my pop-psychological analysis on the phenomenon of stalking for you!